IGNORED

Lescott

Let him go. The whole thing must be distrupting the team.

Hangaland, Steven Taylor and we'd still have money to spare.

Add to that to anything we may have in reseve (I'm confident there is SOME money) there any we have at least £10m to spend on a right sided midfielder or rightback.

Stronger team, no dispruptive influence we can concentrate on the stuff on the pitch again.

Job done.

If I was City I would increase my offer by just £1m or so - they can clearly see that the mood has dramatically changed since the weekend game. We would probably take £19m now if only to move on. Hopefully they will offer more like £20m or even the £22m that has been mooted, but can't see it going that high now.

Indeed, if Everton wish to sell, maybe the club should tuen around and say you can have the player for £22m - so agree that figure and be done.

If I was City I would increase my offer by just £1m or so - they can clearly see that the mood has dramatically changed since the weekend game. We would probably take £19m now if only to move on. Hopefully they will offer more like £20m or even the £22m that has been mooted, but can't see it going that high now.

Indeed, if Everton wish to sell, maybe the club should tuen around and say you can have the player for £22m - so agree that figure and be done.

That is what they want, £25m and that's it.

Lescott, like Yakubu, Arteta and Jags is only one tackle, twist or turn away from an career ending injury.He knows that a new, say 4 year contract at City on £80,000 a week is security for life.He doesn't support Everton, never did as a kid, so why if he's able to leave wouldn't he want too?

If Man City offered him an extra £500 a week he wouldn't go.....but an extra £40,000 A WEEK!

Now, Imagine if an Arab had just bought Everton so Moyes could match any offer, then I'm sure Jo would rather stay with us.....so now we've established he only wants to go for the money...take a deep breath and let him go.

He wasn't the reason Arsenal beat us!....he was one of the reasons.

The old saying one rotten apple will spoil the whole barrel, is a fairly good one.

Very, very sad times for football.

Rodwell.........Jagielka, who's next? How can you hold on to your players when there are power rich people willing to buy success.

Jagielka is a better player than Lescott.....so if he hadn't been injured, why would Man Shitty have gone for Lescott before Jags.....and what's he worth?

Guest TheBlueBoy

19million plus dunne,petrov and ben hiem

simple hes not an everton player anymore, his heads somwhere else, it was plain to c on saturday!!

snap their hand of for that deal, thank u very much ;)

Don't be cheeky sunshine. You'll get one of them. And be happy about it! Moyes simply dosent hold the cards on this one anymore.

Sell and get more money than an average CB is worth. Plus a decent CB to boot (probably Dunne).

Or keep him and he will become more of a poison in the dressing room than you could ever imagine.

Would you be happy at missing out on a promotion to a better company with better staff for 3 times the pay? Jolean has certainly made his feelings clear. :P

Don't be cheeky sunshine. You'll get one of them. And be happy about it! Moyes simply dosent hold the cards on this one anymore.

Sell and get more money than an average CB is worth. Plus a decent CB to boot (probably Dunne).

Or keep him and he will become more of a poison in the dressing room than you could ever imagine.

Would you be happy at missing out on a promotion to a better company with better staff for 3 times the pay? Jolean has certainly made his feelings clear. :P

I dnt think he wants to go because of the club, your saying its nothing to do with the $$$$$$$

you pratt look at the leauge finishes in recent years, as soon as use get a bit of money you think yous ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE PREM!!!

catch urself on if everton had $$$$$ lescott wouldn't even consider CITY sunshine ;) sunshine

So your probably going to get your man! Well don't forget he thinks nothing of Man City, much the same as the rest of the mercenarys that you have or will buy.How proud you City fans must be of your club!I think most Everton fans now realise that Lescott must go, let's be honest, most of the football world hope Hughes and City fall flat on their arse's.Even if you hadn't managed to bribe Lescott, how your team are going about things, I'd rather the top 4 stay as they are liverpool included, than have City get there.If Hughes had done what Moyes had done, built a team, locals, youth, champonship players, plus the odd decent signings and then have finished higher than us, then I would have sung City's praises......but Hughes really can't do it can he! and City were way behind Everton before the Arabs came calling.

I think the time has come for you to now fuck off Blueboy!....your last post is a total piss take of this great club and fans......now get back to the circus that is man city. :)

BlueBoy,

you know I try and be reasonable so with that in mind a note of caution on a few things in your message above;

Firstly, telling us to take the cash & plus player and be happy about it - like you're doing us a favour, is a little out of line. You know the drill, we have indicated a value and regardless of whether its a fair offer or not, please don't patronise us - you're almost saying "there you go little boys, take your money, a player and off you go to play in mid-table". I'd like to think the memory of City fans isn't THAT short in terms of what you have achieved/not achieved over the course of many years!!

Next, am I right in thinking you're calling Lescott an "average" centre back and Dunne "decent" (decent presumably meaning better than average) - if so, your manager is making quite a mistake and you should maybe pop him an email to point this out!

Finally, obviously take your point about increased salary opportunity, but do take offence at the reference to him going to a "better company" - unless richer means better?

Read this:

http://www.bluekipper.com/emails/emails328.htm#%20pm

Now be a good boy and either say something worthwhile or shut it!

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

Guest TheBlueBoy

BlueBoy,

you know I try and be reasonable so with that in mind a note of caution on a few things in your message above;

Firstly, telling us to take the cash & plus player and be happy about it - like you're doing us a favour, is a little out of line. You know the drill, we have indicated a value and regardless of whether its a fair offer or not, please don't patronise us - you're almost saying "there you go little boys, take your money, a player and off you go to play in mid-table". I'd like to think the memory of City fans isn't THAT short in terms of what you have achieved/not achieved over the course of many years!!

Next, am I right in thinking you're calling Lescott an "average" centre back and Dunne "decent" (decent presumably meaning better than average) - if so, your manager is making quite a mistake and you should maybe pop him an email to point this out!

Finally, obviously take your point about increased salary opportunity, but do take offence at the reference to him going to a "better company" - unless richer means better?

Sorry chaps. But 19Mil plus Petrov (8mil), Dunne (5-6mil) and Ben haim (5mil). IS actually taking the piss a bit. The cash plus one of our CB's is a good deal surely???

Yeah i meant that last post as a bit of a piss take. But it's only a bit of banter. You guys seem to be REALLY well and truely pissed off with "Citeh" at the moment. Fair enough if thats how you want to be. But for fook sake lads. What REALLY have we done wrong? We have had two bids for a player rejected. And thats it. It was Lescotts choice to hand in a transfer request.

And when i say better company. what i meant was a lot of players (including Jolean by the looks of it) seem to be of the opinion that Man City are a club who can really push on and challenge at the highest level. Some players will sign on for that while others, who are already at much bigger clubs than my own, will not. Until we get CL football. Which i believe we will.

Everton However, Although they are a great old club, seem to suffer from this "glass ceiling" syndrome. Weather we will be any more fortunate at breaking it is debatable. But many believe (even if they do not like the idea) that we can.

I do apologise if the "Better company" jibe seemed a bit of a snidey dig. I only meant it as a bit of banter but i guess i should have known better in the current climate of "Citeh" hating.

Is JL really that much better than Dunnie??? Maybe. Andy Hinchcliffe, former City and Everton left back thinks if he is better. Then it's not by much.

I agree.....

P.S. I really do love the "citeh" jibe. The way people have taken to mocking the way we pronounce our clubs name. Honestly i'm not being sarcastic. I genuinley find it piss funny. Especialy from a bunch of Scousers. A group of folk who REALLY shouldn't mock other peoples accents.....Classic :P

Add rants below if you feel it nescacery. But remember. I'm aparently not aloud to be as abusive as you guys coz i'm not a part of the "Home Team". The only footy forum i've ever known to throw that one at ya.

Edited by TheBlueBoy

How many other forums do you go on blueboy :o I would have thought your own would have been a good place to be at the moment!You know all that banter amongst the city faithfull like " Who will we buy next "......" Who will be our next manager ".."How much will 4th place cost us "...."Had the Arabs ever heard of Manchester City :lol: "..." Why were Everton so much better than us before the £'s came in ".

See endless topics for you and your chums to talk about.

Try and avoid the " Will people laugh at us if we only finish 5th this year " topic!

Because you might find that lends it's self to a bit of pressure.

You could have a quiz!.....When did City last win anything?....not too many going to get that one right is there :lol:.........1975 B) To be honest I really did like that Francis Lee fellow.....that was a great fight with Norman Hunter.

Guest TheBlueBoy

How many other forums do you go on blueboy :o I would have thought your own would have been a good place to be at the moment!You know all that banter amongst the city faithfull like " Who will we buy next "......" Who will be our next manager ".."How much will 4th place cost us "...."Had the Arabs ever heard of Manchester City :lol: "..." Why were Everton so much better than us before the £'s came in ".

See endless topics for you and your chums to talk about.

Try and avoid the " Will people laugh at us if we only finish 5th this year " topic!

Because you might find that lends it's self to a bit of pressure.

You could have a quiz!.....When did City last win anything?....not too many going to get that one right is there :lol:.........1975 B) To be honest I really did like that Francis Lee fellow.....that was a great fight with Norman Hunter.

I'm a member of quite a few forums. Arsenal, Blackburn, Chelsea, Fulham, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, Stoke, Wolves...and of course our own bluemoon forum. And to be honest, the only place i have found REALLY negative jibes about city is guess where???......Thats right...here. Everyone else are of the opinion they would do exactley the same in our position.

So answer me this?

Go back 12 months and lets pretend City are not being taken over, making them the richest club on earth, But instead. Everton are. A spellbinding last day of the transfer window comes to a close with the news that Robinho, One of the most skillfull players in the game has just snubbed Stamford Bridge for you and you're in dreamland. The following season sees you struggle away from home yet are magnificent at Home. In january you by some more top class players (Given, Bridge, De Jong, Bellamy). You eventually finish a very disapointing 10th, knowing if you could just sort out that away form, and get in some more top class players. You would be a very dangerous force indeed.

The new owners make it clear that your manager now has a blank cheque book to go and buy whoever you need You get Barry, Santa cruz, Adebayor, and most of all a world class player right from your most hated rivals who their fans adored, Snatched from under their very noses! (in our case of course, Tevez). But somethings missing. We still need another CB to make us whole.

So you go rather audaciously for the Chelsea and England Captain. His head is turned, He thinks about it. He realises "Chelsea legend...Champions league"....he declines, you move on. To who? Toure. Another top class signing...Get in....You're buzzing. Yet all around you, you start to notice the rest of the football mad nation suddenly hates you. You're to rich. Your going for to much too soon. Even though you are only doing what the big boys have been doing for as long as you remember.

People talk about "Buying success" and you think....Dosent everyone. How much have United spent down the years. A shit load. Liverpool. A shit Load. Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, Milan, Madrid....all have spent ridiculous amounts to bring success to their clubs. So what are you doing wrong???? the answer of course, is nothing.

Of course what i'm saying is WOULD EVERTON HAVE DONE ANYTHING DIFERENT??? OF COURSE NOT. AND YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR FANS WOULD BE LOVING IT.

Do i care Everton fans now hate City??? Not one bit...Coz our team is now fantastic. And i believe we will only get better.

I'm not suprised Your bitter with all thats happend over Lescott. But the fact is i've never heard such a bunch of whingers in all my time on footy forums.

As for people laughing when we finish 5th???

The truth is . From 10th to 5th.... I'll take that. We'll just keep buying top class players. and improving every year. :D

Edited by TheBlueBoy

Of course what i'm saying is WOULD EVERTON HAVE DONE ANYTHING DIFERENT??? OF COURSE NOT. AND YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR FANS WOULD BE LOVING IT.

to a degree mate and it would certainly be exciting. But I am not sure I would be totally happy with the heart and soul being ripped out of my club. I have seen the team really steady improve of the last few years and I wouldn't want to replace all those guys with mercenaries.

City encompass everything that is wrong with modern football. They are not building success they are purely and simply buying it, even moreso than Chelsea did. Under Thaksin in the last two years you made a lot of big money, quality signings that really improved your team like Elano, Caicedo, Bojinov, Jo and Petrov. All those blokes have now been shown the door, how is that building success??

Yes Everton probably need investment to consistently break the top 4, but we have built ourselves into a position where really would not have to be that much. We are probably only a few good players away from being consistently up there, unlike city who are almost unrecognizable from a few short years ago.

Edited by the_toffee_bronco

I'm a member of quite a few forums. Arsenal, Blackburn, Chelsea, Fulham, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, Stoke, Wolves...and of course our own bluemoon forum. And to be honest, the only place i have found REALLY negative jibes about city is guess where???......Thats right...here. Everyone else are of the opinion they would do exactley the same in our position.

So answer me this?

Go back 12 months and lets pretend City are not being taken over, making them the richest club on earth, But instead. Everton are. A spellbinding last day of the transfer window comes to a close with the news that Robinho, One of the most skillfull players in the game has just snubbed Stamford Bridge for you and you're in dreamland. The following season sees you struggle away from home yet are magnificent at Home. In january you by some more top class players (Given, Bridge, De Jong, Bellamy). You eventually finish a very disapointing 10th, knowing if you could just sort out that away form, and get in some more top class players. You would be a very dangerous force indeed.

The new owners make it clear that your manager now has a blank cheque book to go and buy whoever you need You get Barry, Santa cruz, Adebayor, and most of all a world class player right from your most hated rivals who their fans adored, Snatched from under their very noses! (in our case of course, Tevez). But somethings missing. We still need another CB to make us whole.

So you go rather audaciously for the Chelsea and England Captain. His head is turned, He thinks about it. He realises "Chelsea legend...Champions league"....he declines, you move on. To who? Toure. Another top class signing...Get in....You're buzzing. Yet all around you, you start to notice the rest of the football mad nation suddenly hates you. You're to rich. Your going for to much too soon. Even though you are only doing what the big boys have been doing for as long as you remember.

People talk about "Buying success" and you think....Dosent everyone. How much have United spent down the years. A shit load. Liverpool. A shit Load. Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, Milan, Madrid....all have spent ridiculous amounts to bring success to their clubs. So what are you doing wrong???? the answer of course, is nothing.

Do i care Everton fans now hate City??? Not one bit...Coz our team is now fantastic. And i believe we will only get better.

I'm not suprised Your bitter with all thats happend over Lescott. But the fact is i've never heard such a bunch of whingers in all my time on footy forums.

The truth is . From 10th to 5th.... I'll take that. We'll just keep buying top class players. and improving every year. :D

Obviously one of the reasons we are so pissed off is because of the Lescott saga, in that Hughes just won't accept that Lescott was not going to leave Everton, yet he still felt he had to persist despite Moyes saying no to two bids and a transfer request, and in doing so has severly disrupted the morale and strong team bond which is what Everton is well known for. He should have accepted after the transfer request was rejected that it simply wasn't happening, but no he had to act in such an ungentlemanly way and say that negotiations were still going on (even after Moyes said there was no way Lescott was leaving), whilst calling Man City a 'bigger club' than Everton. I think it's more that people here don't like Hughes, even more especially after this whole saga, where he should have backed off after Moyes told Lescott he couldn't leave.

Furthermore, please don't suggest we would have done the same thing as you did in the most recent transfer window had we have been bought by your owners. There's no way Moyes would have bought all the players you bought, no disrespect to any of them, but Moyes would look to build the team quite differently to how Hughes has done it. I'd think if we were bought we probably would wanted Robinho, apart from that I think our biggest signing would have been finally getting Joao Moutinho after chasing him all Summer. January I think we honestly wouldn't have bought many players in, maybe 2 or 3 and kept the squad as it was.

City encompass everything that is wrong with modern football. They are not building success they are purely and simply buying it, even moreso than Chelsea did. Under Thaksin in the last two years you made a lot of big money, quality signings that really improved your team like Elano, Caicedo, Bojinov, Jo and Petrov. All those blokes have now been shown the door, how is that building success??

Sorry? As far as I knew Caicedo, Bojinov, Jo and Petrov are all still City players... Caicedo, Boj, and Jo being sent out on loan to get experience as they are all still very young.

Moyes' PR plan must be working really well because all Everton supporters seem to think he is being victimised in all this. Do you really think deep down that that is the case? Moyes has been in this from the word go....

So answer me this?

Your boring other posters and now you are boring me, i got a warning on BM for pointing out the Lescott thread started 2 months ago.

I think we have been very lenient with you, dont bother posting anymore.

But I am not sure I would be totally happy with the heart and soul being ripped out of my club. I have seen the team really steady improve of the last few years and I wouldn't want to replace all those guys with mercenaries.

City encompass everything that is wrong with modern football. They are not building success they are purely and simply buying it, even moreso than Chelsea did.

Totally agree. City are just the latest club to prostitute themselves. I don't want us to go down that particular road. I said a few days ago this will all end up in a European Super League and now Arsene Wenger is saying the same thing. Football lost its soul the day Abramovitch walked into Chelsea. The Premier League has now probably peaked - why would anyone want to buy another Premier League club unless they have even deeper pockets than those already here? There are only 4 CL places available and that is where the big money lies. So why not invest somewhere else instead?

The feelings on this site are against City purely because of their pursuit of Lescott.

City have spent £100m so far. No-one has mentioned that Madrid have spent £80m on one player, plus Kaka et al. Is this just because they haven't come in for Arteta???

Read the other threads around the board and their are fans everywhere pulling their hair out at the lack of transfer activity, empty promises coming from the club and complete failings so far this summer. We have gone from 5th in the league and FA Cup Final to treading water on the first XI and weakening what was already a paper thin squad.

The 'strong bond' which epitomises Everton looks to have eroded in a similar uncertainty to what was displayed this time last year when Moyes was still to sign his new contract.

It is clear that Lescott wants to go, him remaining at the club will be having a detrimental effect on those around him. Maybe not to the extent of causing the debacle that was Saturday but an effect nonetheless. So the best thing for Moyes to do is swallow his pride, think about the club and how he needs to take it forward without Lescott. Get the money in, negotiate a CB cover from City if we can't get one in from another club.

Whether or not Moyes or Everton would do the same as City given the chance is uncertain and will continue to be the case as long as we fail to attract investors. However, there are many voices on here that are crying out for Moyes to be given money to go up against the big guns as this is what is needed to break the glass ceiling referred to earlier. That is the only way City will do it and that is probably the same for every other club, Everton included.

The City fans are excited and to be fair to them they've not won anything for over 30 years so it's not unexpected. Yes, a few of the jibes on here may have hit a raw nerve and Hughes' actions in the saga have been poor but with Lescott refusing to come out and declare his intention to stay- which would have killed of City's interest- plus whatever has been said behind closed doors by agents etc then they clearly see their pursuit as fair game. Whether the fans or Moyes do doesn't matter as today's game is all about player power. If a player wants to go, he goes. We cannot afford to let him rot in the reserves so the best thing to do is sell him, strengthen the squad wherever we can with the money and move on.

I don't blame the City fans, it's an exciting time for them. Hughes is a mug, but he won't last long there. Let's just get on and worry about Everton Football Club becauase based on Saturday there could be quite a lot to concern ourselves with.

lol is that some kind of quadratic equation or something???????????

haha nah i was referring to the articles whoch suggest that City are going to improve their 'offer' by adding a player, as they dont want to put any more money on the table. PLayers mentioned are Dunne, Petrov and Jo...but out of all 3 i would prefer Jo plus cash.

But sqeeze them for what we can and deal sooner rather than later. We NEED (take note Everton Board) more bodies and decent ones at that. This window hasnt gone any smoother than the last and atm, we are looking a little of a joke in the press with the result at the weekend, the Lescott situation (which i respect Moyes views but feel its time to swollow some pride) and our lack of activity (which we all know may come around and kick us in the ass when we get knocked out of ____ competitions and cups this year) n' progression as a team? im getting a little peeved now. I've waited till the new season, and im a bit tired of being linked (i know most is tabloid shite) to someone and having interest being declared and losing out. Im coming round to the fact we may buy 2 players, squad players before the end of the window?

Edited by tenaciousj