IGNORED

Lescott

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/17/football-transfer-rumours

£18m + Petrov and Dunne.

Bite your arm off!

We should be looking towards £20m + Petrov.

With Petrov involved in any deal, it would mean moving Pienaar over to the right where he might no be as effective..?

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

As Peanuts is right footed he could be *more* effective...

His hard work certainly we help shore up the defensive vulnerabilities on the right side.

There is still a gaping whoile in the middle of the park that Cahill and Felli have left behind them...

I would rate dunne on the same level as Senderos with more prem experience. He has been the Man Citeh player of the year the last couple of years so he cant be that bad.

I would take 18 mill, Dunne and Petrov is that is the deal on offer, given we would all prefer Richards but i dont think he will be offered as part of any deal.

Dunno why so many have such a downer on Dunne - ok he's not the footballer Lescott is but he did ok for us as a young kid and has grown into a solid, reliable centre-back at City - the fans love him, he's won a couple of player of the year awards, and the big thing we're missing at the back now, he's a leader and an organiser. He's not the quickest but Yobo and Jags aren't slouches and could cover for him ok.

Anyway, as someone else said, he's on a par with Senderos. £20m plus him, thank you very much.

Dunno why so many have such a downer on Dunne - ok he's not the footballer Lescott is but he did ok for us as a young kid and has grown into a solid, reliable centre-back at City - the fans love him, he's won a couple of player of the year awards, and the big thing we're missing at the back now, he's a leader and an organiser. He's not the quickest but Yobo and Jags aren't slouches and could cover for him ok.

Anyway, as someone else said, he's on a par with Senderos. £20m plus him, thank you very much.

Issue with Dunne is he has peaked, we would sign him whilst he is on the "descent" of his career. Not the best way to move forward as a squad...I would rather start introducing Duffy.

Either way, we need an answer - my money is still on he stays until January.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

I'm sick of the whole thing now and just want an end to the whole thing one way or the other. I'm not too bothered either way. If he stays great, if he goes then w know we'll get a price much higher than is true worth and a disruptive element of the dressing room will have been removed. Win win.... as long as we dont end up getting Dunne as part of the deal.. he's gash. ;)

That will be the end of Lescott at Everton then.

I wonder what's happened - Man City put in an offer we can't refuse, has Moyes given in, has Moyes been told we have to sell?

Maybe I got my wish & his cock has rotted off leaving him embarrassed & unable to shower with the the boys :lol: :lol:

No. Just went along the yellow bar at bottom. They said they would bring news if there was any. They said that he is fit, but trained away from the squad.

This is the issue with media now though with such a hot story.

What if his passing (or another element) was suffering so he was taken for some 1 on 1 training (happens all the time). All of a sudden he is an exile at training...that said, it is perfectly reasonable that he is now considered a bad apple.

I think the only indicator we can fully rely on is whether or not he plays tomorrow night.

I's love to know the dialogue thats gone on behind the scences with this whole situation. Has Moyes actually given any indication that he will let him go for a certain amount/certain player plus cash deal. I'd be more than happy with either Richards or Nedum involved in this deal. Dunnes a no go, past it, Petrov possibly, not a bad player but wouldn't pay more than 4 or 5 mill for him.

I think the Arsenal result will force the issue.

Not because Lescott was any worse than the rest of the garbage on Saturday but its either affected team moral or has made Moyes really realise that we need to strengthen other areas of the pitch more.

We can't afford to keep Lescott its as simple as that. We need the money to strengthen the right hand side of the pitch badly.

I'm confident that Moyesy can find another gem. He has done it with the majority of our defense so why not again?

The likes Hangeland at Fulham would be a ready made (if not slightly expensive) replacement.

In an ideal world we'd keep him. But we're skint.

One player does not make a team and he's not even our best defender. We were better for Rooney leaving (who is ten times the talent of JL). Don't see why it would be any different this times around.

Just having a glance through Blue Moon's Lescott thread (1383 pages and counting :o ) and they reckon DM's giving an interview on SSN this afternoon....not specifically about Lescott but (if true) it'll be interesting to hear what he says.

Anyone confirm that it's happening?