IGNORED

Moyes

As I answered a post earlier I asked myself what many of you probably do every game, what kind of manager is Moyes?

When he first took over, he was young and hungry. He ripped through that abysmal 2002 team and played youngsters like Chadwick, who were hungry like Moyes was and had a point to prove. The result was exciting (mainly because we weren't used to winning games then) football, and some memorable score lines like 4-3 away to Derby and 2-2 at Chelsea, which Big Dunc scored in both! Then after 2004, I feel he became this predictable manager who relied on defensive prowess, not the attacking football we enjoyed early on. Yes it got us to the Champion League, but then followed the worst points total ever in the Premiership coupled with the lowest goals scored. Up to now I feel he has strayed little from that ethos, and at times (Spurs 0 - 0 at home, 2007 being the best example of poor tactics) that has often been his undoing.

I do think he is a great man to man manager, but is too loyal to some and very disloyal to others. The treatment of Marcus Bent when Beattie arrived was horrible, especially when Bent was the better player in the 4-5-1 system. Likewise treatment of Beattie when Johnson arrived was equally shocking, while players like Kilbane, Simon Davies, Osman and Hibbert literally couldn't do anything wrong to get dropped. Maybe he is too over-bearing on the players, but guess we shouldn't believe Rooney now should we?

Anyway that's my brief take on Moyes, I look forward to being ripped to pieces or some insightful views of your own.

simon davies is a quility player, jus a shame that idiots like captainferguson10 and the press used him as a scapegoat. marcus bent better than beattie, do you honestly beleive that? i was shocked when we got over a mil for him, he's championship at best. the fact you've put kilbane in there jus shows to me you definitly werent watchin everton when he was at the club, he done fantastic for us, zidadene kilbane says it all

simon davies is a quility player, jus a shame that idiots like captainferguson10 and the press used him as a scapegoat. marcus bent better than beattie, do you honestly beleive that? i was shocked when we got over a mil for him, he's championship at best. the fact you've put kilbane in there jus shows to me you definitly werent watchin everton when he was at the club, he done fantastic for us, zidadene kilbane says it all

Zidadene Kilbane was a joke name for a joke player, he was aweful footballer, his look a like Jim Carey is better then him, an Simon Davis is also a pile of sh it, who couldn't score from 5 yards.

Zidadene Kilbane was a joke name for a joke player, he was aweful footballer, his look a like Jim Carey is better then him, an Simon Davis is also a pile of sh it, who couldn't score from 5 yards.

Wouldn't go that far about Kilbane as at very least he was a honest hard working player, but totally agree with the rest.

Simon Davies was the Club's outstanding player during the 07/08 season and won the Player of the Year Award by a landslide majority.

How does being Fulham's best player (in a season when they avoided relegation on goal difference) have anything to do with how he played for us :huh: ?

not bad for a jim carrey lookalike pile of crap who couldnt score from 5 yards

Kilbane is the Carey lookalike :) .

I think he's too negative at times and more concerned with not losing rather than winning. He's also tactically a bit crap; shown by the fact he still has us playing mostly long ball even after all this time.

I do think he's a great manager but he does piss me off. People who aren't Everton fans think he's a God but when you see us week in week out then you're bound to pick up on his deficiencies.

Moyes has his faults, which in some ways is good!Because he can obviously still do better and improve Everton.The 4th place and the two 5th's plus the cup final are surely in no small way down to Moyes, but also the better players we have now.Maybe there's a better man manager and tactician out there who could take an injury free Everton squad into the top 4!

The new players and players returning from injury....guess we'll know more about Moyes by the end of this season.

give moyes an injury free everton squad and he could get us into the top 4! i cant remember the last time we had no major injuries during the season and last year was incredible how we managed it. the main complaints i have are that he waits too long to make subs and also the transfer dealings take a lot longer than they should

Moyes is still learning. Even Guardiola and Mourinho have faults and DM is still a relatively young manager, especially when you consider the ages of the 'top 4' managers . . .

Seriously, look up that little fact and tell me what you see.

So I think he can improve, yes, but for what he has done for our club and is still striving to do only convinces me more and more that he could be a top class manager for us. I just feel sorry for him whenever I think about the state of the club's finances.