IGNORED

Garbutt And Barkley

adamsmith69

Thought everyone may be interested to read this blog:

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/390/Top_Ten_Emerging_England_U-16s.aspx

I don't know much about Barkley, anyone shed any light?

barkley looks good played in the last two milk cups which we have won and is captain of that side. him and hallam hope score most of the goals at that age

• 4 months later...

Well I've only seen Bidwell play, in that BATE game, and I thought he was terrible but before that game I'd heard very good things about Bidwell so I don't know tbh mate. But, we didn't piss Leeds off and have to pay quite a large amount for Garbutt for nothing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see J.

Fair doos mate, i only heard not long after we signed him that he played for England and was immense and then a few u-18's games and was unplayable at times, its gone a tad quiet now but i think thats the novelty factor wearing thin. I hope Garbutt is as good as some people say, nice to know we could have someone with major pedigree ready to errupt in the next few seasons!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

does it matter...i think rodwell is awsome but he could be more creative....going by reports barkley is an all round player creative and scores goals so is there any harm in hoping hes gonna be better than rodwell...why do you have to be sarcastic..which it sounds like you are being.if not i appologise.

Yeah it does matter actually. To say someone has got more in the locker than a player who is regarded as being a key member of the national teams future I wanted to know if you were basing it on something you'd seen first-hand.

There was no sarcasm, I was genuinely interested. If I was being sarcastic then you'd know about it.

Yeah it does matter actually. To say someone has got more in the locker than a player who is regarded as being a key member of the national teams future I wanted to know if you were basing it on something you'd seen first-hand.

There was no sarcasm, I was genuinely interested. If I was being sarcastic then you'd know about it.

oh yes...:lol:

i'm with romey though you can't base that opinion on just reading a few reports against seeing rodwell actually play at the top level since he was 16

no disrespect to rodwell but barkley may have more in his locker.

Seen a lot of him then?

No....patto works as a cloakroom attendant at Finch Farm and has solid evidence that Barkley has more in his locker (Lxnx Africa roll-on, clean pants, toothbrush, condoms, small lucky teddy bear called "Stubbsy" and Feb 2009 issue of "Men Only") than Rodwell (half a cheese sandwich, copy of "War and Peace" and a packet of wine gums).

Sorry :unsure: .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...