IGNORED

Garbutt And Barkley

adamsmith69

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Garbutt played really well from what I saw. Did well for the second goal. Redmond played well an deserved his hat trick. Definitely too good for the championship next year IMO, I'd rather we went for him than Gerry on loan again personally. Berahino looks a player as well. Could probably get both for a little over £10m and would set us up for the future with bright English talent.

Think my heads in footy manager mode though probs :P

Yeh I thought Garbutt was very good going forward, albeit he had a poor 15 min spell in the second half before finishing well. He was far better playing behind Ince than he was with Redmond, probably as he had more space to play in and because Ince is the more intelligent footballer. Defensively he was a bit naive, got caught 1 vs 1 a couple of times but he did also make some good covering challenges as the LCB Moore was a bit all over the place positionally at times. Very promising display though, we have an embarrassment of riches at LB!

Of the rest, Keane looked very solid all game. Calm, collected, good positional play and whilst he wasnt really pressured today he had to try and manage Moore a lot as well and I think he could have a big future. Ward-Prowse was surprisingly distinctly average, first time I have seen him and whilst he brings energy and a certain degree of technical ability he doesnt bring enough to the table IMO. Chalobah has a bit more about him but again I dont see him playing in a top 10 prem club week in week out based on that display. Lingaard was frustrating, found space but failed to deliver and Ings looked like a Championship striker. Ince impressed me though, started poorly but he has a touch of class about him and didnt rely on pace like Redmond. Their RB was shocking and when Ince played on that side for 20-30 mins we ran riot and whilst Redmond played well and scored 2 (the last was going wide and will probably go to Berinho) he didnt have the same effect on the team and it was more of an individual performance. Ince also worked hard defensively which I didnt expect.