IGNORED

Wolves (Home)

jamiemaher85

I went to the game and we was shite end of! Teams like Wolves we should be beating hands down. I duno what it is this season the whole team looks shaky. I for 1 cant wait for Arteta an Jags to be back. Look at the shite today without no Gerard an Torres they would be a top 10 team without them Fact! Are injurys are starting to take its toll and are new signings bar Distin have not impressed me at all. 1 - 1 at home vs Wolves says it all. I just cant see us moving forward what so eva this season after all this good work. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Sunderland spurs and villa finish above us and of course chiteh. This season is are hardest to keep or get better than 5th ill say ill be happy with top ten but am not! We should be braking into that so called top 4 easily by now but without that backing and no money for Moysey i think this is the start to are downfall and back to a mid table club where we belong. Sorry for the negativity.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think after all this time and now that this is completely his side that Moyes could have us playing football, but we're now looking like the blue Bolton and it's fucking embarrassing. Except, Bolton are actually good at that long-ball game and we're shite at it but still persist with it, drawing ou opponents onto us constantly. With this style of play we can't even control a game against Wolverhampton fucking Wanderers! We may as well play on the beach for all the use that lovely lush turf gets <_< . Then there's Moyes' negative tactics. It doesn't get any more negative than playing two holding midfielders against a newly promoted side! I forgot what a threatening team Wolves are, and I also forget we were actually playing at Molineux. I mean, they must be a great team playing at their own place to play 451 against them while they play 442. It's no coincidence that Saha looked like a bag of shite on his own and then looked transformed once he had the Yak next to him. Actually, I don't think Moyes has any tactical knowledge at all. Most sides have different tactics for playing against certain sides and we just have one way of playing; pub football and Moyes and the side don't realise that this longball shite does not work. Sides must wonder if it's a pisstake that we finished 5th two seasons in a row when they play us. What do we do in training exactly? Our players have absolutely no composure on the ball and actually seem scared shitless of holding onto the ball. Also, there was no tempo to our game to speak of, everything was at such a slow pace that it was painful to watch. What I wouldn't give for us to take a quick throw-in! There's just no urgency to our play; we should be taking the game to these sides not amble around.

Howard - Couldn't have done anything more for us.

Hibbert - I actually didn't think he'd played bad enough to be taken off, but to make the formation work he was the natural selection.

Yobo - Fuck off with you're aimless hoofing. Other than that he had a decent game.

Distin - Same as Yobo. I don't think their partnership is working though tbh.

Baines - Looks half the player without Pienaar infront of him. Due to Bily not tracking back often enough he couldn't go with their winger and had to track back more centrally, giving their winger free reign.

Osman - Why is this clown still starting for us? He was less than useless. Wait, he's an Evertonian and came through our youth set-up so he simply must start :rolleyes: - more amaetuerishness from Moyes.

Cahill - Apart from giving the ball to Jo he did nothing of any note. He's been very disappointing this season.

Rodwell - He needs to be benched for a couple of games because he looks completely out of it atm. And he crap out of a couple of very winnable challenges.

Heitinga - Let's not play him in midfield again eh? :unsure: . He looked much better once he was switched to RB.

Bily - In the first-half he made Osman looked involved in the game! He was probably our most improved player in the second-half though; lots of nice passes etc. I just wish he'd at least try to beat his man every once in a while because he was responsible for a lot of our lack of tempo at times.

Saha - Because he was on his own upfront for the first-half he actually became a midfielder so he could touch the ball once in a while, so he wasn't where he needed to be. He looked a different player once the Yak was on though and some of their link-up play was lovely to see. Although, his greediness pissed me off (I think it was still 0-0) when he had the ball and could have slipped the Yak in for a one-on-one and decided to go on his own :angry: .

Yakubu - He may have only had 45 minutes on the pitch but he made the difference for me. He actually held onto the ball and brought other players into the game. My MOTM.

Despite your rantings at least you didnt forget "we finished 5th two seasons in a row" remember when we used to finish 5th from bottom most seasons

My biggest disapointment from this game was the crowd, give the team some belief and sing for them

negative tactics again. Wolves not a threat in attck yet we play 2 CDM's...thats not good. We need 2 strikers against those teams, im getting slightly frustrated with the lack of urgency. The middle got dominated by wolves. all the subs made a major difference, why did Fellaini not start or Yak? aaaah well another 2 points lost. We culd have been above the shite...!! I dont like pointing fingers but Heitinga was crap n the 1st half, redeemed in the 2nd. Rodwell was good in the 1st half, horrendous in the 2nd. Osman...well did he play at all? i dont remember seeing him!?

That's the entire problem right there. 4-5-1 might SOMETIMES work with Pienaar and Arteta on the pitch, offering the vision and creativity for Cahill and Fellaini to break from deep. But surely, SURELY without their influence, you're GOT to play two up front, especially when, in Saha, Yakubu and Jo, we've got the kind of strikers who do open up defences on their own and score goals out of nothing. Even more so at home, against Stoke and Wolves...

What's so frustrating is that after a dismal start we had started to put a bit of a run together, two wins in the last two games - which has gotta be the easiest double-header on paper we'll have all season - and we could have put the poor start behind us. But no, Moyes plays it cautious, and although the run without a defeat has continued, it hardly matters when we've only taken two points from teams like Wolves and Stoke. I guess you could say our finishing was poor Saturday and Yobo's mistake for their goal was abysmal, but no excuses, we should have been going all out to stuff a team like Wolves 3 or 4 nil.

The silver lining is that we will be a much better team when Pienaar, Arteta and Jags are back, but it's really annoying that we are going to have to play catch up again second half of the season when with a bit of ambition we could easily have been sat just behind the early front runners now.

4-5-1 is for teams who have a high qulity midfield, one that is able to operate intelligently, knowing when to push up and support striker, having composure to keep ball and play around teams. Arsenal for example,

We can do a 4-5-1 when we have Areta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Billy and either Cahill or Fellani being able to bomb on. Without the composure of the previously mentioned 3, Cahill and Fellaini lack in their contribution and we become hoof up the field merchants from the back.

I said it many posts ago, these performances were on the horizon due to the lack of funding = lack of (quality) squad depth, we should not be reliant on a lad of 18 going through a steep learning curve.

Let's just hope we can get to new year in some sort of reasonable shape, we are in need of the injured players to return (full fitness) and we need more additions. Billy looks like he will become a great player for us, nice feet, composed, good vision - can see him linking well with Arteta.

it got my attention that the attendances for this game was 39.000 plus spectators.

That's practically a full house isn't it?

has this been the case in all the home games this season.?

35.000 against Wigan and Blackburn, 36.000 against Stoke. GO here

http://off-pat.webs.com/efco910.htm and check the Page EFC 2009/10 for all this seasons results, crowds, and scorers.

thanks

weird to see that there are as many people interested in the wanderers game as in the arsenal one..

Think they had the occasional special ticket offer, "Adult & Child for £35" promo going on for the Wolves game which would have helped.

Still 39,000 is a good crowd at Goodison.....that's a lot of restricted views :) .

Think they had the occasional special ticket offer, "Adult & Child for £35" promo going on for the Wolves game which would have helped.

Still 39,000 is a good crowd at Goodison.....that's a lot of restricted views :) .

Promo?? :blink:

however, i guess it's a fair price considering the level of football you get to see