IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur

adamsmith69

Hi Guys

Firstly I really haven't come on here just to wind people up, I've come to get a different perspective on today's game so please don't be offended...

I've always considered Everton to be one of a group of teams who could challenge for forth. To be honest I haven't taken much of an interest in how your season was going (although I thought you were by far and away the better team last week) but I was shocked to see your league position on MOTD yesterday, I didn't realise your season was going so badly, what do you think your main problems have been?

With regards to today's game, Anybod who hasn't seen us play this season will (hopefully) notice a complete change in our style from the last 4-5 seasons. We now play a high pressing game which will men that your players will need to be comfortable playing and moving the ball quickly.

I've read a lot about Pineaar (very impressed with him last week) and Gosling but who do you think will give us most problems today and who are you most worried about?

For me your midfield seems to be where your biggest threats lie, I'm particularly worried about Cahill as I'm not sure who will pick him up I don't think your forward line is strong enough to really test us.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game, sorry but I can't wish you good luck :-) COYS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. How have you heard a lot about Gosling :mellow: ? He's a liability.....think you must mean Rodwell?

Everyone seems to be afraid of Cahill, but there's been very little reason to be this season so far.

Things looking up a little in the last couple of games though, Pienaar is our biggest creative force but if you play to your full potential this afternoon then we'll struggle I think.

Our defence has lost the ability to keep clean sheets that has served us so well in recent years.

If Saha plays he's good enough to test any defence, Jo's improving (although Yakubu looks like he'd be happier if he could just string a hammock up between the goalposts).

Bookie (rightly I think) have you as slight favourites....but I always believe we're going to win every game we play and we need something to turn our season around. Hopefully it'll be today :) .

Fair enough. How have you heard a lot about Gosling :mellow: ? He's a liability.....think you must mean Rodwell?

Everyone seems to be afraid of Cahill, but there's been very little reason to be this season so far.

Things looking up a little in the last couple of games though, Pienaar is our biggest creative force but if you play to your full potential this afternoon then we'll struggle I think.

Our defence has lost the ability to keep clean sheets that has served us so well in recent years.

If Saha plays he's good enough to test any defence, Jo's improving (although Yakubu looks like he'd be happier if he could just string a hammock up between the goalposts).

Bookie (rightly I think) have you as slight favourites....but I always believe we're going to win every game we play and we need something to turn our season around. Hopefully it'll be today :) .

Yes your right I did mean Rodwell, although I remember a lot of people saying how good Gosling was as well, I take it he hasn't pushed on then?

It sounds like Saha might be recapturing his Fulham form then? I don't know why but I have never rated him, he seems to be consistently inconsistent if that makes sense?

I see that a lot of people think Hibert will be playing CB today? I have always rated him as a full back but had no idea he could play as a CB as well, really don't see how he is going to cope with Crouch (although I have a funny feeling HR might help you out there and play Keane instead!?!)

I think our midfield may struggle today, Palacios has not been the same player since his brother died and THudd will struggle against the more mobile cahill, I think that is where it is going to be won and lost. Although with Lennon and defoe we will always score so I'm going for 1-2 :-)

This (from the beeb) sums up our main problem...

Lots of Everton fans worried about their growing injury list. No news on the team as yet, but I am hearing whispers that John Parrott will be partnering David Moyes in the centre of defence, with Kevin Sheedy coming into the midfield alongside Nicola from Girls Aloud.

Hibbo has played well at CB in a couple of European games, whether he can do it in the prem is highly questionable. Duffy may play, he's not that much shorter than Crouch (but only 17). We'll know very soon.

"Joseph Yobo has returned to the Everton side to face Spurs.

The defender missed out on the midweek trip to Athens with a hamstring complaint but makes a timely return to boost Everton's defence.

Sylvain Distin is still injured though, while John Heitinga is suspended. So David Moyes drafts Lucas Neill into his back four, joining Tony Hibbert and Leighton Baines.

The midfield is also boosted by the return of Jack Rodwell after a groin problem, while Brazilian striker Jo shakes off a knee problem to again lead the line up front.

Rodwell is joined in midfield by Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini, Steven Pienaar and Wednesday's goalscorer Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

It means Yakubu and Louis Saha are waiting on the bench, along with young heroes from midweek Seamus Coleman, Jose Baxter and Shane Duffy.

Spurs include dangermen Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe in their line-up, with Peter Crouch also named."

Howard, Hibbo, Yobo, Neill, Baines, Rodwell, Cahill, Fellaini, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Jo.

someone should explain the offside rules to Jo ... Ffs.

lol i came on with the intention of saying exactly that!

he's not having a bad game but always takes off too early.

Very entertaining half with some good football but it could go either way at the moment. can't see it being 0-0.

Liking the look of coleman, looks comfortable on the ball and works hard getting forward as well.

A couple of dream passes from bilya as well