IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur

adamsmith69

Now then, i am hoping with the confidence boost received in Athens and Heitinga, Neil, Saha and Rodwell to come back we can pick up the points. We have had a good few results recently agains spurs. So i am going for a hard fought 2-1 win.

**********************Howard************************

HIBBERT*********NEIL**********HEITINGA********BAINES

********************FELLAINI************************

PIENAAR*************RODWELL******************BILLY

********************CAHILL**************************

********************SAHA***************************

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought rodwell was ok for tottenham. Anyway i prefer bills line up. I am hoping rodwell gets a few weeks of bench action to recharge his battery. he looks pooped. I would play jo if available, his last 2 games have been a big improvement, may not of scored but he has held the ball up and led the line well and obviously saha to partner him

Would like to see Coleman, Duffy, Gosling, Baxter, and a few other youngsters given another run in the Last Euro game, which is pretty meaningless now that we have already qualified.

I think Coleman and Duffy especially have earned a reward of some sort, both played exceptionally well in the circumstances, and should be drafted in as regular members of the Squad now, to give them a bit more experience.

But for the Spurs game we sould try and pick as many of our experienced players as we can, league games are very important to us now.

One change from that team and adjust to go 4-4-2.

.......................... HOWARD ...................

COLEMAN ..... HIBBERT .... NEILL ...... BAINES

PIENAAR ....... FELLAINI ... CAHILL ..... BILLY

and any 2 from .... SAHA-JO-YAKUBU

Id go with this, but Yak would be on the bench. We need people who are going to work for the win and based on his recent performances hes not up to the challenge...

Why is Heitinga suspended? I thought he only had 4 yellows. Did the threshold drop this year?

got his 5th at the derby i believe...

The thought of Hibbo trying to mark Crouch or Pavlachenko would be funny if it wasnt so scary!

lol at least if Defoe & Keane play they are more his height

The thought of Hibbo trying to mark Crouch or Pavlachenko would be funny if it wasnt so scary!

lol at least if Defoe & Keane play they are more his height

With you on this one! Hibbert should only play in the center if he REALLY has too, in the prem that is, where he will probably get a lot more action.

Going back to 4-4-2, are we going to get the best out of Cahill? With the RIGHT striker and Cahill behind him (plus most of our players back) I think we are a match for just about anyone.If midfield support properly and I think we can, then a lone striker and Cahill (on form Cahill that is ) is the way for us to climb the table.We out classed liverpool the other day, and only bad luck stopped an easy win.

Points are obviously vital, should we risk a couple of strikers not bonding and an ineffective Cahill in midfield?

I'd start with Jo, on his own with Cahill behind him.He(Jo)is getting his act together, and have Saha as an impact player.The Yak will start to sulk soon, so we better let him have a place on the bench as well.

Edited by Blue 250

With you on this one! Hibbert should only play in the center if he REALLY has too, in the prem that is, where he will probably get a lot more action.

Going back to 4-4-2, are we going to get the best out of Cahill? With the RIGHT striker and Cahill behind him (plus most of our players back) I think we are a match for just about anyone.If midfield support properly and I think we can, then a lone striker and Cahill (on form Cahill that is ) is the way for us to climb the table.We out classed liverpool the other day, and only bad luck stopped an easy win.

Points are obviously vital, should we risk a couple of strikers not bonding and an ineffective Cahill in midfield?

I'd start with Jo, on his own with Cahill behind him.He(Jo)is getting his act together, and have Saha as an impact player.The Yak will start to sulk soon, so we better let him have a place on the bench as well.

This for me...... our team is much more comfortable with a 4-5-1 and we have enough goal scorers to support from midfield with Bily, TC, & Fellaini.

I agree that the 4-5-1 is usually best for us but, Gosling, Rodwell, Osman, Arteta, are all injured and Heitanga is suspended.

We dont have five to play across the middle this week. ;) I still think this is the best we can do under the circumstances.

possibly shift Hibbert or Neill to r.back and bring in Duffy.

Totally agree with you there...

And also, it is vital Jo starts against Spurs, as most have said he looks really good last 2 games, hasnt scored, no, but hold up play and just play in general has been really really impressive. If Jo doesnt start he is a man who works on confidence, he could go back down hill again. I have noticed aswell Moyes shouts to Jo the most when the game is being played, not that jo aint pulling his weight, but i think he gets a boost from his manager shouting to him. Must be the type of man management moyes uses on him, and it works

Was it just me, or was Coleman limping a bit toward the end of the AEK game? Has there been any official word on the fitness of the injured players?

The midfield will have to work extra hard to limit Spurs' chances, especially with the weakened defence.

I think Hibbert is riding the crest of a wave at the minute. In one of his interviews he sounded like a philosopher! He commented on how he loved the 'art of defending' and would relish the task of marking Crouch.

hmm...dunno...our 4-4-2 was not our finest hour.

I agree that the 4-5-1 is usually best for us but, Gosling, Rodwell, Osman, Arteta, are all injured and Heitanga is suspended.

We dont have five to play across the middle this week. ;) I still think this is the best we can do under the circumstances.

possibly shift Hibbert or Neill to r.back and bring in Duffy.

This one is an earlier post, just in case you skipped by without reading it.

Its just my opinion ;)

id go

----------------------Howard--------------------------

Coleman--------Neill-----------Hibbert----------Baines

---------------------Fellaini------------------------

Baxter-----------Cahill-----Pienaar-------------Billy

------------------------Jo----------------------------

maybe

----------------------Howard-----------------------

Coleman---------Neill---------Hibbert---------Baines

----------------------Felliani---------------------

Billy--------------Cahill--Pienaar------------Jo

------------------------Saha----------------------

or swap billy/pienaar

Have to agree with Romey (and others) that we can't have Hibbo at CB, I'd go with Neill and Duffy personally. Midfield are going to have to put in a colossal performance to help protect the back four as this lot are very dangerous in attack with whatever pairing they go for up front.

I do think though that they are vulnerable at the back and can see us pinching this by the odd goal.

Everton Team News:

David Moyes has a massive centre back problem leading up to the game. Phil Jagielka is still nowhere near a return. Sylvain Distin limped off after 16 minutes with a hamstring strain, against AEK Athens and is unlikely to feature. Joseph Yobo didn't travel to Athens and is facing a race against time in a bid to recover from his hamstring strain and Johnny Heitinga is suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the season against Liverpool. It is therefore likely that Lucas Neill and Tony Hibbert will play centre back, with Seamus Coleman likely to fill the vacant right back role.

Along with Phil Jagielka, it pains me to keep writing that we're also still without Mikel Arteta, Phil Neville, Leon Osman, Victor Anichebe and James Vaughan.

Jack Rodwell, however, is likely to return after missing a couple of games through injury.

There are also doubts over Dan Gosling and Jo after they both got taken off injured against Athens.

Would take a draw at the moment, it is obvious that we are in a crisis and need to pick ourselves out of it, with the current team that we have I don't really see us doing much against Tottenham Hotspur and see us potentially having a game which sees us sat back in our own box. Defending Howard is essential and if we come out of the tunnel like we did with the derby game then we should have no troubles with getting a few goals.

I literally don't know what to predict this time round, but I'm going to go for a 1-1 draw. Robbie Keana for Tottenham and Tim Cahill for us. Timmy needs to pick up the pace and I have a feeling that this will be his game to do it. :)

The only crisis I can see is an injury one, though of course that's a pretty bad state to be in.Remember though our last two games, out played luckypool, and won a tricky european game, all with the said injuries.

If Spurs play as well as they can, then today will be a decent test of our depleted squad.A performance like last Sunday by Everton, with maybe a tad more luck and we will pull off a win.

Looking for another big game from Fellaini, he will be needed in both penalty areas.Cahill to can win us the game, same with Billy.Saha or Jo with decent service will give Spurs problems.Problem for us seems the defence or lack of it.....simple, dominate midfield and limit their chances.....score a few goals, then the odd mistake might not prove fatal.

Hence....Everton 4 Spurs 2 :)