IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur

adamsmith69

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman was great, have to say. But hibbert, it seems that only way to get him of the starting 11 is that some will put a bullet in his neck. He should be licking Howards balls for next 2 months at least. Im so pissed of him.

Hilarious.

I thought Hibbert had a good game while out of position against one of the strongest attacking teams in the league. Yes he was at fault for the penalty, but to say he hasn't done anything right all season is completely idiotic.

I too shall have to get to sleep somehow... Coleman MOTM for me. Hibbo started well, the tackle was needless as palacios probably wouldn't have been able to control the ball to get a shot on.

He was at fault for the penalty and for their first goal. He did, however, put in some good challenges. The penalty was really poor from him though, Palacios is a tackling midfielder, no way he was going to be able to control that ball and beat Howard.

Not getting carried away with coleman just yet.

one games does not a great player make.

However, there's a few players starting to buzz now, Heits, Felli etc.

True, Fellaini is really coming along and his close control is becoming excellent, if he can keep winning the aerial battles and stay out of the book (His card and Rodwell's were both absolute shite from the ref) he can be great for us. Unfortunately Billy is looking well off the pace. Can't seem to get comfortable on the ball, though he can certainly play a killer pass. He needs to take a page from Steven's book and move the ball faster.

Coleman and Howard for MOTM, giving it to Coleman though, with as many right backs as we have I can't see him getting that many games.

Crap at stopping long range shots, doesn't command his area, crap at coming for crosses, doesn't talk to the defence enough.

lol So are you saying he is only good for short range shot stopping??

As somebody else said before I think he is one of the best keepers in the Prem and so the stick he gets is beyond me

Chicagoblue ..."The penalty was really poor from him though, Palacios is a tackling midfielder, no way he was going to be able to control that ball and beat Howard".

--------

Thats why he was in the centre forward position on his own, was it. So Hibbo should have stood aside and let him score. :blink:

Regarding the Howard debate started with Romey and Dunc, I lean towards Romey's side of the argument but think it's not as clear cut as he states. Howard is a great close range shot stopper, possibly one of the best in the league, and he does get beaten from long range way too often and this season has been comanding his area very poorly. However I feel that people shoot from long range becasue they can't beat him a close range and the revolving line of defenders this season does not help him trying to arrange his defence. Howard is an average goalkeepr if we really look at it, he makes some great stops at close range but makes mistakes in other areas. I can name at least five goalkeepers better than him playing in the league at the moment. Cech, Friedel, Van Der Sar, Jaaskelianan, Riena, Given, Schwarzer are all current premier league goal keepers that i can think off the top of my head that are better than Howard. He is an above average goal keeper who, untill this year, previously played in front of a very solid defence. Last season he was one of the goal keepers who had to make the fewest saves, I believe Van der Sar was the only one above him, this is why he had so many clean sheets, because the defence stopped most attacks before they came to him. This year our defence has been shite leaving Howard to make more saves and he does make alot of mistakes. I like Howard but would definatly replace him given the chance, it's just that we always have much more pressing positions. Personally I like Kieren Westwood at Cov.

Regarding the Howard debate started with Romey and Dunc, I lean towards Romey's side of the argument but think it's not as clear cut as he states. Howard is a great close range shot stopper, possibly one of the best in the league, and he does get beaten from long range way too often and this season has been comanding his area very poorly. However I feel that people shoot from long range becasue they can't beat him a close range and the revolving line of defenders this season does not help him trying to arrange his defence. Howard is an average goalkeepr if we really look at it, he makes some great stops at close range but makes mistakes in other areas. I can name at least five goalkeepers better than him playing in the league at the moment. Cech, Friedel, Van Der Sar, Jaaskelianan, Riena, Given, Schwarzer are all current premier league goal keepers that i can think off the top of my head that are better than Howard. He is an above average goal keeper who, untill this year, previously played in front of a very solid defence. Last season he was one of the goal keepers who had to make the fewest saves, I believe Van der Sar was the only one above him, this is why he had so many clean sheets, because the defence stopped most attacks before they came to him. This year our defence has been shite leaving Howard to make more saves and he does make alot of mistakes. I like Howard but would definatly replace him given the chance, it's just that we always have much more pressing positions. Personally I like Kieren Westwood at Cov.

I give up, Evertonians really are never happy. I wouldn't swap Howard for anyone except possibly Reina and fluke master Given. Cech is a spent force, as is Schwarzer (Who was never very good anyway, except on crosses) and Friedel. Howard is an excellent keeper all round and a brilliant shot stopper. I honestly can't see how any Everton fans can complain about Howard but everyone has a right to an opinion, even if it is a terrible one. :)

Some of the goals from distance that beat Howard are hit and hopes, no goalkeeper can stop some of those.......were not exactly the best at shutting down people ready to shoot from distance, therefor not prone to giving Howard maximum protection.....neither are we very good at whacking them in from distance ourselves....not because the goalkeepers save them.....but because we get shut down AND simply couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!

I give up, Evertonians really are never happy. I wouldn't swap Howard for anyone except possibly Reina and fluke master Given. Cech is a spent force, as is Schwarzer (Who was never very good anyway, except on crosses) and Friedel. Howard is an excellent keeper all round and a brilliant shot stopper. I honestly can't see how any Everton fans can complain about Howard but everyone has a right to an opinion, even if it is a terrible one. :)

I cant really see how this is a "terrible" opinion. I have reasoned out my opinion as much as possible. I never said he was an awful keeper, just said that he isn't amazing, which he isn't. I agree he is a great shot stopper, as i already said, but he is beaten too often from long range and distribution is pretty poor as well. I gave a fair assumption of his ability, i havnt criticised or berrated him too much, one penalty save and all the media suddenly speak of him as this world beater and that he is one of the best in the country. I'm sorry but i just cant buy that. Howard has made many silly mistakes this year. Howard is good but if we want to kick on in the upper ranks of the league then we could do with better.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-howard-is-prem-s-best.html

Think its time we sacked Moysie he doesnt know a good keeper when he sees one!!! :P

I am obviously a Howard supporter and I think he is in the top three or four keepers in the Prem.

People are saying he makes silly mistakes but is that just because you see more of Howard than any other keeper and so are more aware of it when he does slip up( which personally I think is very seldom)

You cant tell me Cech doesnt make mistakes, in fact I think he is very error prone, same goes for Reinna,( Johnson in the Derby and at least Howard hasnt been beaten by a beech ball!)and Van der Sar, Jaskelinen inexplicably racing out of his area for no reason the other day for the own goal

Shwarzer IMO is nowhere near as good as him and Brad Friedel while an excellent keeper has probably only got one season left in him

Ok he might not be THE BEST keeper in the Prem but then have we got the best RB or LB or striker or any other position for that matter?

Personally I just think some Evertonians are not happy unless they have got something to moan about!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/12/08/nigel-martyn-tim-howard-is-everton-fc-s-super-saver-100252-25342564/

"Tim has been at the club almost four years now and he embodies all that is good at Goodison Park but, more than anything, he is an outstanding keeper.

I’ve said it before on many occasions on these pages he is up there with the best "

Baaaaah What does Nigel Martyn know about goalkeepers anyway!

Howard is without doubt a quality keeper!

People who have never played in goal properly have no idea what it is like between the sticks and think everything should be caught and distributed with perfection.

Howard quite obviously makes some mistakes but name me a keeper who doesnt. Howard is probably one of the best reaction save keepers in the Prem without a doubt, just look at the save from when Hibbo kicked the ball against Crouch on Sunday and the one from Insua in the derby.

I dont think Howard is a bad long range shot stopper. I cant think of any examples this season where he has fucked up a long shot. I would agree his communication may not be the best BUT at least this season we have had so many changes at the back as well as new players that getting on the same wavelength is going to be hard. IMO you cant keep so many clean sheets last season and have bad communication. A goal keeper constantly talks to his defenders and even a brilliant defender will struggle at times if his keeper doesnt talk to him.

I rate Howard, I would say he is the best in the prem although tbh Im not sure who is. Cech isnt what he used to be and the goal he conceded against City points at that, because it was more or less straight at him. Reina is a brilliant shot stopper and distributor but his decision making and aerial command is very poor. VDS and Friedel are knocking on a bit now and wont be around for much longer and probably top the list. Schwarzer makes great saves but he also fucks up a fair bit. Jussi looks good at Bolton where he has lots of shots to deal with but at a good team will he be as impressive? Just look at Foster and Kuscak (sp) as they looked brilliant at Watford and West Brom receptively but look 2nd rate at Man Utd.

For me Given is the best in the prem and probably by a country mile. Howard would probably come in around 5th ish. It seems as though he loves the club and I would have him here for at least the foreseeable future.