IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur

adamsmith69

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been inactive for a while. Just havent got anything to say. It seems nothing hasnt changed. It was a great comeback after being a 0-2 down, but why we went down at all. We have scoring problems and i cant understand why only player who has got the ball in the net is starting on a bench, game after game. Coleman was great, have to say. But hibbert, it seems that only way to get him of the starting 11 is that some will put a bullet in his neck. He should be licking Howards balls for next 2 months at least. Im so pissed of him. Last 2y(at least) he hasnt put foot right and is making critical and stupid errors on the crucial moments of the game. Put Duffy in there. He cant do worse, thats 100% sure.

I have been inactive for a while. Just havent got anything to say. It seems nothing hasnt changed. It was a great comeback after being a 0-2 down, but why we went down at all. We have scoring problems and i cant understand why only player who has got the ball in the net is starting on a bench, game after game. Coleman was great, have to say. But hibbert, it seems that only way to get him of the starting 11 is that some will put a bullet in his neck. He should be licking Howards balls for next 2 months at least. Im so pissed of him. Last 2y(at least) he hasnt put foot right and is making critical and stupid errors on the crucial moments of the game. Put Duffy in there. He cant do worse, thats 100% sure.

I think that's a completely unfair assessment of the game. The second most in-form side in the country and we give a fantastic performance

only let down by 2 soft goals.

I thought Hibbert had a good game while out of position against one of the strongest attacking teams in the league. Yes he was at fault for the penalty, but to say he hasn't done anything right all season is completely idiotic.

Great performance, this is the turning point. Push on blues.

I too shall have to get to sleep somehow... Coleman MOTM for me. Hibbo started well, the tackle was needless as palacios probably wouldn't have been able to control the ball to get a shot on.

TBH, I almost put $100 on 4-1. 3-0 and 4-0 defeats... they were paying pretty good and given the form of both sides seemed a good deal.. glad I didn't put money against us! (never have)

First of all what a game! I watched this game with my mate who's a Tottenham fan.

Seamus Coleman was top quality today, he's gonna be a very good player soon if he carries on like that. He did more that game than Heitinga or Yobo have done all season.

Tim Howard - one of the best keepers in the prem. Some seriously stunning saves made in that game, and then penalty save was amazing!

This should really turn our season around. Chelsea next, but never say never.

COYB x x x x x x x

First of all what a game! I watched this game with my mate who's a Tottenham fan.

Seamus Coleman was top quality today, he's gonna be a very good player soon if he carries on like that. He did more that game than Heitinga or Yobo have done all season.

Tim Howard - one of the best keepers in the prem. Some seriously stunning saves made in that game, and then penalty save was amazing!

This should really turn our season around. Chelsea next, but never say never.

COYB x x x x x x x

Oh and I forgot to mention Timmy Cahill and Hibbert.

Cahill - what a header, can't think of many players in prem who would or could pull that off. And Hibbert, unlucky giving away the penalty but what a tackle earlier on in the game!

Spurs were a pretty big test today! They played some good fotball and we were a touch lucky to go in 0-0 at half time.We just didn't seem to have anything except the through ball to Jo, who was being marked well.Billy didn't really seem up for it, and Cahill was being dragged wide too much.

Second half we finally got punished, poor defending and it looked all over, then Saha came on, Cahill improved and we gave them a game.Dominated Spurs after they went 2-0, maybe they sat back, who cares, a points not brilliant but Spurs are a good team and to come back like that shows some balls.

Coleman was excellent and Saha looks world class.The team needs tinkering with, some players need to come back and Billy and Cahill need to create, then we will be up and running.The defence obviously needs help, though Coleman was a big plus today.

Great fight back Everton, and well done Howard!

I thought Hibbert had a good game while out of position against one of the strongest attacking teams in the league. Yes he was at fault for the penalty, but to say he hasn't done anything right all season is completely idiotic.

I didnt of course say only about this game. Were talking like i said about last 2y on him. Nobody cant say hes been good. Couple sparks there and there, but then abysmal errors wich have cost us a lot of points. He has some loveaffair with some1 on charge and ill hope it will end really soon.

Guest rusty747

The youngsters are starting to step up to the plate and it bodes well for the second half of the season. Plusses today were definitely Coleman, Felli and Cahill. Hibbo did well first half but was exposed second half. Lucas Neil's marking for their second was abysmal. I think Billy was showing signs of tiredness from the AEK game and Peanuts, whilst still quality, was not quite at the level he is capable of.

Keep picking up points to consolidate a mid table position into early 2010 and kick on towards the end of the season when the injury situation (hopefully) clears. A good cup run FA and Europa and a top 8 finish must be judged as a good season now. Get everyone raring to go for 2010/11.

When everyone is fit, Moyes will have a real selection problem but for me

Howard

Coleman

Baines

Jag

Distin/Yobo (We need a quality signing here)

Billy

Peanuts

Mikky

Felli

Tim/Heitinga depending on 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1

Saha

Subs

Hibbo

Nash

Rodders

Yak

Jo

Duffy

Edited by rusty747

Difficult game to assess for many reasons. With our centre half pairing we were always gonna struggle against an attacking team like Spurs. It takes time to build an understanding and i thought Neil played well and was committed throughout but made one mistake. Hibbert made some OUTSTANDING last ditch tackles but ultimately got outdone by a good movement by an inform striker. We miss a ball winner in midfield. Neville or Heitenga are adequate but our funds needs to go there next summer. Billy was a passenger today but we improved when Peanuts went infront of Leighton. Is it me or does the Yak resemble a pub player at the minute?

Buzzing with the fact that we came back from 2 down.

I'm confused though. The pundits (who I'm assuming are supposed to know what they're talking about) were saying that we were getting battered in the first half and that we were lucky to be still in the game at 0-0. I thought we were the better side in the first half and were unlucky to not go in in the lead.

2nd half- shit start------> GREAT FINISH!!!

Could this be the game where we see our season finally begin. The Coleman and Hibbert challenges brought back images of Neville snapping into Ronaldo!

COYB

The point doesn't do much good for our league position but coming back from 2 down and then surviving a penalty scare right at the end should do more for the team than 3 points ever could. I thought I was going to have a heart attack with that game; I went from the deepest depths of despair to the highest fucking high imaginable when Timmy got his knees to that ball. I hope it is a turning point in our season but with Chelsea next up it might be difficult; I wish we had an "easier" game next.

The ref was fucking shocking, again.

Howard - I'd like to kiss him for that save. I'm critical of Howard but that save was fucking priceless, and you could tell how much it meant to him from the way he celebrated the save. That poor post.

Coleman - Take note Tony Hibbert; this is what a real right-back looks like. He was solid in defence and just sublime going forward. That run for Saha's goal was just brilliant. I want him as our first choice RB; he offers so much more than any of the other players that can play there. My MOTM.

Hibbert - Should not play CB in the Premiership ever again. He had a good game if you discount the fact that he lost his man for their first, gave away a stupid penalty, and got turned by Crouch and Defoe every time.

Neill - Didn't have a good game at all. Shocking marking on Dawson for their second, he needed to be looking at the ball coming in, not just his man :blink:. It was the first time he's played their for us so I won't judge him there yet.

Baines - I thought he had a shocker. His crossing was wank and he must have give Lennon 15 yards space all game long. Looked better once Pienaar was infront of him though.

Pienaar - While he wasn't as good as he can be he still put in a good shift for us and was looking to move us forward at every opportunity.

Rodwell - Barely noticed him.

Fellaini - I think we've found out how to get Felli playing well; get him angry. I thought excellent again for us and lesser players would have lost their head after the way he was treated by the ref. His passing was excellent, his close control was lovely to see, he was putting challenges in all over the place. I loved the way he celebrated with Howard at the end too. I hope Moyes doesn't move him forward into the Cahill role against Chelsea, I'd rather him shift Bily there.

Bily - Anonymous. The game is far too quick for the lad.

Cahill - Timmy is definitely back and he's playing as a captain for sure now. He must be knackered and bruised today the way he put himself about. It's a shame he misses the Chelsea game after he's hitting form and has finally put a chance away.

Jo - Good work rate and he's getting chances but he needs to put them away.

Hibbert - Should not play CB in the Premiership ever again. He had a good game if you discount the fact that he lost his man for their first, gave away a stupid penalty, and got turned by Crouch and Defoe every time.

Neill - Didn't have a good game at all. Shocking marking on Dawson for their second, he needed to be looking at the ball coming in, not just his man :blink:. It was the first time he's played their for us so I won't judge him there yet.

I think that's a bit harsh on Tony though Romey. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but to seriously criticise him when we was playing out of position I think is unjustified, admittedly giving the penalty away wasn't one of his best moments but then you forgive Neill cos it's the first time he's played CB for us. Given the fact he's played there on many occasions for country at least if not for other clubs I feel he shouldn't have had too many problems.

Me thinks some people on here are very quick criticise Hibbert, granted he's far from our best player but he's even further from our best when played out of position

That's a fair point really, I guess what I was really trying to say is that Neill was equally as bad and has enough experience playing CB (even if not for us) and that Hibbert didn't deserve such unbalanced criticism that's all, sorry for any offence.

By the way, did anyone watch MOTD???? How they managed to not include the mini scuffle between assou-ekoto and felli/cahill is beyond me, I wanted to see another replay of it but to no avail. I was also slightly pissed off that they made the game look seriously one-sided when in my opinion it was far from it.

Howard - I'd like to kiss him for that save. I'm critical of Howard but that save was fucking priceless, and you could tell how much it meant to him from the way he celebrated the save. That poor post.

I don't know how anyone can be critical of Howard, he's definitely in the top 3 or 4 keepers in the Premiership imo. He made an absolutely outstanding save from Crouch at 2-0 that kept us in the game, it was nearly as good as the save of the season that he made from Insua in the derby. He's our best keeper for years, since Big Nev imo. The only other keeper nearly as good was Martyn but he was terrible on crosses - he never came for them unless they were under his bar and when he did he invariably made a total hash of them.

Everton definitely look back, our defence at the moment is always going to look a bit dodgy. I thought Neill (goal aside) looked pretty good, Coleman was awesome, Hibbert was out of position and dodgy but Baines was once again pretty damn poor. He needs a kick up the backside at the minute, hopefully setting up the goal will get his confidence back as at the moment his delivery is poor and his defending very suspect.

Well played Everton, much more like it.

That's a fair point really, I guess what I was really trying to say is that Neill was equally as bad and has enough experience playing CB (even if not for us) and that Hibbert didn't deserve such unbalanced criticism that's all, sorry for any offence.

By the way, did anyone watch MOTD???? How they managed to not include the mini scuffle between assou-ekoto and felli/cahill is beyond me, I wanted to see another replay of it but to no avail. I was also slightly pissed off that they made the game look seriously one-sided when in my opinion it was far from it.

I felt exactly the same, highlights were a disgrace as usual. As you say they didn't show Ekkoto's awful attitude and they left Coleman's tackle to his mini-highlight. No mention of the crowd lifting etc.

Oh well what do we expect?