IGNORED

Bate (Home)

iMac Hunt

Listen to yourselves. Yakubu has been magnificent for us for the last 2-3 seasons. Without doubt our best striker. Then he gets injured and comes back and has lost his edge a bit.. and you are saying we should sell him. At the moment we would get fuck all for him

He is still relatively young. Give him toil Feb/March and he will be banging em in again left right and centre.

You should be ashamed of yourselves!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to yourselves. Yakubu has been magnificent for us for the last 2-3 seasons. Without doubt our best striker. Then he gets injured and comes back and has lost his edge a bit.. and you are saying we should sell him. At the moment we would get fuck all for him

He is still relatively young. Give him toil Feb/March and he will be banging em in again left right and centre.

You should be ashamed of yourselves!!

I think he was good for 1 season (20 goals), only played 5 or 6 games last season and hasnt played more than 2 or 3 this season, its par for the course with Yakubu, He gets bored being at a club after a couple years, it looks to me as if he wants to move on again.

Sorry to disappoint you but i'm not ashamed of myself for speaking the truth about one of our own players. :)

Really enjoyed seeing some of the young lads get a chance, think they did themselves proud. Duffy really impressed me again, his head dropped a bit after the goal and he started making a couple of rash challenges, but on the whole I think he looks a magnificent prospect, so big and strong for a young lad, and seems to read the game really well. The way Distin and Yobo have played this season, how about throwing Duffy in alongside Jags when he's back fit? Think he'd come on loads playing with Jags.

Coleman proved again he's worthy to be fighting for a place in the first team every game on current form. Thought Bidwell had a good game as well - hard little bastard for a 16 year old, some of his tackles were ruthless! So looks promising in defence. Not sure the midfield lads showed enough composure on the ball, although they did play some nice football in patches - I dunno if Baxter's gonna be as good as people were expecting a year ago, looks very like an Ossie clone, skillfull but a bit lightweight. Thought Forshaw was a bit quiet, Akpan looked very composed and assured. Agard has bundles of energy - maybe Yak should be put on a sprinting regime with him in training - but not sure if he's got the end product, not on that performance anyway.

All in all a great glimpse of what we might have to come - bit surprised Garbutt didnt get a run out with all thats been said about him, but nevermind. A lot gets made of the arsenal and manure kids but i think we've got a few stars-in-the-making in the current crop, lets just hope they keep developing.

I think he was good for 1 season (20 goals), only played 5 or 6 games last season and hasnt played more than 2 or 3 this season, its par for the course with Yakubu, He gets bored being at a club after a couple years, it looks to me as if he wants to move on again.

Sorry to disappoint you but i'm not ashamed of myself for speaking the truth about one of our own players. :)

spot on Bill. Ive never really liked him and never thought he was worthy of the blue shirt. i dont care that he scored 20 goals in 1 season, 2-3 years ago. Even when he was banging them in, he was lazy. He wants things on a platter. I will give this, he can be a brilliant finisher and is very strong but is rarely willing to work for the team. i know he has been injured, but he has been in training a while now, played a couple of halfs and should be fighting to compete. i think the thing that bothers me most is that he is talented but doesnt put the effort in...

Well that's a night of my life I can never get back :(.

There was very little quality from our youngsters so if they are the best of what's coming through we're not in a very good situation seeing as we have no funds to bring players in. They've had the ethos of hoof every opportunity drummed into them early, that's for sure. I was very disappointed with the performances.

The youngsters that stood out - Duffy (my MOTM), Coleman and Akpan. I can't believe I was looking forward to seeing Bidwell because I'd heard good things about him; he was atrocious in all honesty.

There was only Hibbert of our senior players who did themselves justice, I thought he had another decent game at CB. Yakubu may as well have not been there for all the effort he put in. Osman was nowhere and kept giving the ball away, but I just know he'll be thrown straight back into the starting line-up against Birmingham

There was very little quality from our youngsters so if they are the best of what's coming through we're not in a very good situation seeing as we have no funds to bring players in. They've had the ethos of hoof every opportunity drummed into them early, that's for sure. I was very disappointed with the performances.

The youngsters that stood out - Duffy (my MOTM), Coleman and Akpan. I can't believe I was looking forward to seeing Bidwell because I'd heard good things about him; he was atrocious in all honesty.

There was only Hibbert of our senior players who did themselves justice, I thought he had another decent game at CB. Yakubu may as well have not been there for all the effort he put in. Osman was nowhere and kept giving the ball away, but I just know he'll be thrown straight back into the starting line-up against Birmingham

You're a miserable bar steward - what were you expecting, they're kids?! And to say they just hoofed it all night is bang out of order, they got the ball down and played some good stuff at times. Remember they were playing against league champions who are used to beating all senior sides put in front of them, its not easy for teenagers to compete either physically or mentally

I'd hate to see you coaching a kids junior footy team... competitive dad or what! :)

i know where youre coming from Romey but remember, they were kids playing against experienced internationals, a team who have competed in the CL. 1-0 (and we were unlucky not to draw) isnt a bad result given this. Plus we only played with 10 men, Ossie's 1st game back from injury. I cant help but look at the game, though hardly exciting, as an encouraging performance. There wasnt much creativity in the midfield but i think the fact that Ossie had to fill in for Rodwell meant that we lost our 'playmaker', for want of a better word, in the last 3rd. im happy. ish....

You're a miserable bar steward - what were you expecting, they're kids?!

I wasn't expecting them to win, far from it, I thought they'd get stuffed tbh, but I at least expected to have something to their games. Being able to pass to their team mates would have been a start, actually looking like they had some attacking quality would have been another good thing.

You're a miserable bar steward - what were you expecting, they're kids?! And to say they just hoofed it all night is bang out of order, they got the ball down and played some good stuff at times. Remember they were playing against league champions who are used to beating all senior sides put in front of them, its not easy for teenagers to compete either physically or mentally

I'd hate to see you coaching a kids junior footy team... competitive dad or what! :)

Spot on

Romney 2 out of 10 - Could be more positive and see situations for what they are and cheer the feck up