IGNORED

Bate (Home)

iMac Hunt

A game in which DM should rest a few lads and start with a few of our fringe players.Give the lads a full game and lets see what they can do.With our injury crisis it would be good to give these lads some much needed first team action.

My starting 11 would be:-

2vxpu93.jpg

If Ossie is still not match fit then start with Bily.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rest Cahill........I certainly wouldn't rest the Yak!, Pienaars another I'd give a game off.

Moyes has got to be a tad clever with this one, he needs to try and get the win with as little effort as possible.Could be a good game to build the confidence of a couple of players, such as Coleman and maybe one of the young strikers.Not playing Cahill could mean a little go at 4-4-2.

Would have been nice to let Jo keep improving, but he's injured, I think!

Yak and one of the young strikers, might bring the best out of the Yak.

The old saying is "always play your best team".....BUT players like Pienaar could well do with resting that knee.........then ripping Birmingham to pieces next weekend.

I'd say enjoy the night Mr Moyes,and which ever team he puts out, may they get the result.

Edited by Blue 250

................Nash............

Coleman..Hibbert...Duffy..Baines

..............Rodwell...........

.Cahill.......Fellaini....Billy.

..........Baxter....Agard.......

Gosling for Cahill or Felli if fit.

If we went with something like this it doesn't risk any of our recently injured players and it gives some of the youngsters a chance with 1st teamers - although we've got nothing to lose I think it would be silly to put a whole reserve team out - I'd mix it as much as possible to get 1st teamers/ressies used to playing competitively together.

Not too sure about the teams people are mentioning here as they seem to want to play players out of position again which Im not a big fan of.

My team would be something like this:

Howard

Coleman Hibbo Duffy Baines

Rodwell Felli

Osman Baxter Billy

Yakubu

Id keep Howard in goal because IMO GK's dont need rests and its always important to keep his sharpness up.

Id chuck Duffy in there with whoever else can play CB which Im guessing will be Hibbo. Mustafi could play at CB or maybe at LB instead of Baines. I dont really know where he plays but I'd like to see something of him.

I dont think we have anyone else to play in the center of midfield so it will have to be Rodwell and Felli. If there is a decent youngster than can step up then chuck him in, or wait for Felli to get a yellow card and sub him.

Hopefully Osman will be fit to give others a rest but Id definitely have Baxter in one of the 3 roles, whether it be out wide or more through the center. Id like to give Billy a rest but Pienaar is more important for us and we cant risk him getting injured unnecessarily. As before if there are any youngsters then the should probably get a game in one of these positions.

Finally Id start Yakubu up top to try and get some sharpness back. If Jo's fit then I would quite like him to start again as he is doing well and seeing as we are at home he might not be quite such a pussy.

I guess it all depends on who's fit and who's good enough from the youngsters. We should play as many as we can as long as we dont have people playing out of position or out of our preferred shape.

Rest as many first teamers as we posibly can. The first team players will take confidence from the Chelsea game. Can you imagine another key player getting an injury in this 'dead rubber' of a game.

Certainly expect to see Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Baxter and Agard. Maybe Akpan too and even another reserve player or so also.

The home game against Birmingham is central to which way our season goes from here.

Rest as many first teamers as we posibly can. The first team players will take confidence from the Chelsea game. Can you imagine another key player getting an injury in this 'dead rubber' of a game.

Certainly expect to see Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Baxter and Agard. Maybe Akpan too and even another reserve player or so also.

The home game against Birmingham is central to which way our season goes from here.

Is Akpan registered for the Europa?

I agree with everyone on here really. I am going to this game so i would like us to win however, i think our young guns might be enough anyway. My Team would be:

Howard

Coleman Mustafi Duffy Baines

Baxter Rodwell Wallace Bily

Akpan Yakubu

Bate have shown there not that bad of a team against decent team this year in europe. theres no way players like wallace and baxter are up for the physical battle are midfield always get themselves into, with the strengh that midfield would have between them

...........Howard

Coleman Mustafi Yobo Baines

.....Rodwell..Fellaini

...Baxter..........Billy

.........Yak...Saha

I dont no weather any of them players are injured but that team would do the job I think it would be a good game for Yakubu and Saha to get a good partnership and work for eachover against who probably would struggle in are league.

not to weak but could get us a few goals and some confidence to kick on in the league.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I wanna see a few players rested for this game: Pienaar, Saha and Rodwell.

---------Howard------------

Coleman Hibbo Duffy Baines

----Bily Felli Ossie-------

---------Cahill------------

--------Jo--Yak------------

I don't really care to see too many youngsters play this one as I think that

confidence breeds more confidence and a strong performance at home against

decent opposition will put our best in a good place to perform against a

strong Birmingham on Saturday.

I'm surprised Bidwell is starting.

With the side Moyes is putting out you'd think the club would reduce ticket prices tbh.

You can get tickets for free by signing up for Paddy Power and placing a bet...

NVM, offer's over.

Edited by Grarghsies

Should be interesting to see how the youngsters get on.

I imagine it will be Yakubu right up top with Agard doing all the running and chasing behind him. Its going to be a change to see someone rapid up front as even AJ seemed to get slower when he was at the club.

Im also glad to see Duffy in at CB, he played well in the other European game and it would have been a shame to not give him another go.

Hopefully the lads will go out there give it their all and somehow get a result!