IGNORED

Bate (Home)

iMac Hunt

Just to throw a 'small' spanner in the works. I am going to watch my team play a European tie later today ( costing me readies) and I haven't seen half of those picked, play before.................Is this a) acceptable. B) expected. C) both a and b or d) totaly against the spirit of the game......answers on the back of a first class, Chritmassy style stamp,......... you know complete with Santa, Snow, Rudoplh etc etc :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw a 'small' spanner in the works. I am going to watch my team play a European tie later today ( costing me readies) and I haven't seen half of those picked, play before.................Is this a) acceptable. B) expected. C) both a and b or d) totaly against the spirit of the game......answers on the back of a first class, Chritmassy style stamp,......... you know complete with Santa, Snow, Rudoplh etc etc :lol:

I have a lot sypathy for you Beard, I always advocate it should be the best eleven for every game otherwise its cheating the supporters, who do exactly what you say, spend a lot of money and do a lot of travelling to see a good contest and the best players available, and its so insulting to put out a load of untried, unknown, second rate players.

fifa rules .....

* Rule 20, sec. E--"In every league match each participating club shall field a full-strength team"

* Rule 13, sec. B--"acting in good faith to other clubs and the league"

I know its not a league match but the group format is basicly a small league.

But anyway this is a meaningless game and we could pull out and not play at all, we are already through to the next stage.

I would hate to see the same scenario as the last game when we lost 3 players in quick succesion, and had no team to put out for the following league game.

You can relax and enjoy it even more knowing that whatever the result you are through, so it will be another enjoyable experience to add to your memory bank.

Have a nice day. :santa:

I'd happily pay to go and watch knowing what the team is...may just see the debut of a future star :) .

Think that second rule would only be appropriate if the result of our game could possibly have any impact on another team or teams in the group Bill, like by winning BATE could progress at the expense of someone else, so it doesn't really apply.

Don't see that there'll be any sanction though, teams do it all the time, even in "live" matches....Villa last year for example and they weren't punished or even asked to explain themselves.

Ticket prices are about 35% lower for Europa games already aren't they?

Yeah but this match is meaningless so the club were going to struggle to attract fans anyway and now we're putting out a schoolboy side so people who would have maybe come to the ground on the night for tickets won't bother. I just think the club could have made the tickets even cheaper to attract more fans, they don't charge fans £20 to go and watch the reserve side after all.

When did the tickets go on sale? If they were available before the Athens game when we didn't know this would be "dead" the pricing is understandable and they couldn't really then drop the price having sold some at the higher level.

If they'd known there was nothing on it when setting the cost it would have been good (I agree) to put them at £10 and fill up the ground.

Beard are you a regular visitor to Goodison?

As i'm not i'd be pretty dissapointed to find the regular team not playing.

However if I was a season ticket holder and went all the time to games I'd probably relish the opportunity to see a fresh group of players to get any idea for myself weather any of them have the potential required to do a job for us.

Obviously it could be argued that your watching the reserves which would be much cheaper but your seeing them in a proper competitive match that will test them much more than a regular ressie game.

By the way, Average of squad, 22! And that's with a 36 year old goalkeeper!

Must be a relief for Nasher to finally get a debut after spending over a year sat on the bench, easy money it maybe but i'm sure he must get a bit bored spenidng the end of his career sat watching.

If hibbert, osman, nash and yak were not playing it would be an average age of 18. Anyone know what bidwell is like? I don't know at all. Heard his name once or twice but that is it.

Also the tickets went on sale before AEK Athens, i bought 3 then and am not fussed by the team selection. In fact i am looking forward to seeing the youngsters.

If hibbert, osman, nash and yak were not playing it would be an average age of 18. Anyone know what bidwell is like? I don't know at all. Heard his name once or twice but that is it.

Also the tickets went on sale before AEK Athens, i bought 3 then and am not fussed by the team selection. In fact i am looking forward to seeing the youngsters.

This.

Got my tickets before AEK match and i cant wait to see the young lads.ADZ Bidwell has plenty of pace and a good crosser of the ball.Old skool wing-back type player(bit like Bainsey.

Starting eleven.

2u5drad.jpg

will be a interesting game.

Everton 2-0 Bate

Bidwell 16

Duffy 17

Baxter 17

Forshaw 18

plus a few teenagers on the bench.

This.

Got my tickets before AEK match and i cant wait to see the young lads.ADZ Bidwell has plenty of pace and a good crosser of the ball.Old skool wing-back type player(bit like Bainsey.

Starting eleven.

2u5drad.jpg

will be a interesting game.

Everton 2-0 Bate

Bidwell 16

Duffy 17

Baxter 17

Forshaw 18

plus a few teenagers on the bench.

you gotta switch Agard and Yak around mate. no way Yak is going to drop back, pick up the ball and run with it. he might break into a sweat if he does...

you gotta switch Agard and Yak around mate. no way Yak is going to drop back, pick up the ball and run with it. he might break into a sweat if he does...

Cant be arsed changing it.Posted it on Kipper yesterday and pasted it on here.

I think the Yak will be a spectator tonight with the young lads being to quick(or more alive ;) ) for him to keep up with.

Bill will be watching pen and notepad in hand ready to see who we can secure our next loans against "hhhmmmm that Bidwell looks good - Coleman looks class, yep that's me sorted for another few loans in 5 years time"

In all seriousness, players like Colin Harvey, most recently Rodwell all had their debuts in european games, we may see young Agard tear their back 4 apart tonight and have another option up front. Have Billy on the bench, point towards Agard and let him know that that is the work rate we expect from an Everton player - not one who decides he doesn't fancy it when the ball goes like pinball and you need to graft a little. Yep - seen Billy's interview, the message I got wasn't a good one.

Well, every point you get in Europe gets you some more money.. So I guess that's what left in the "something to play for" category.

Other than that, I'm definitely going to watch this game now because it's gonna be 11 angry russians against some teenagers.. classic Disney.

They will be angry if they hear you calling them russians. :)

The club was established in 1996 in independent Belarus. Since 1996, BATE have won the Belarus Premier League five times.

I think the young lads playing tonight will try and give value for money! I can't see them not playing at 110%.This is a chance, they will have seen the rave revues Coleman got the other day, and they will want a piece of that.Could all backfire if they get walked all over, but then what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so lessons one way or another will be learn't.Would we rather this type of game, against one where we are needing a win to progress?.....It's come about right, rest some first teamers and give the Yak a bloody good workout....with the kids watching.Hell, they might even find they have a talent for feeding the big man....giving Yakubu the chance to give a lesson in finishing.

Edited by Blue 250

To be honest once we had qualified along with Benfica and there was nothing to play for in the last group game, only a fool would expect him to play a full strength team and if you bought a ticket after the Athens game them you should have seen it coming.

As a supporter I want Everton to do the best they can in all competitions but especially the PL. When we have qualified and nothing rides on this game and you have the current injury list we have, you have got to expect youngsters to play as we will have a tough game against Birmingham coming up, who are surprisingly the form team in the league!

I must say I am REALLY looking forward to watching this. In some ways if it was a best avaialable 11 in a dead rubber I'd be sitting there not too fussed, but the chance to see what some of these lads can do is going to be great to watch. I imagine attendance will be low but I hope people get right behind them and don't get on their backs.

As for most of them but in particular I suspect it is a case of....Jose Baxter - opportunity knocks.