IGNORED

Enough Of Jo?

http://www.dailymail...y.html?ITO=1490

Everton want to send misfit Jo back to Manchester City in January, hopeful that new manager Roberto Mancini might want him as cover for African Nations Cup-bound Emmanuel Adebayor.

Manager David Moyes signed Brazilian Jo on a season-long loan after Mark Hughes decided he did not want him at Eastlands.

But Jo has been a flop at Goodison Park, failing to score in 15 Premier League games, and the Merseysiders want to see if they can rip up his contract and allow him to return to Manchester.

Jo scored against liverpool with a well taken goal, the linesman thought level meant off-side.

He's not exactly playing in an over confident Everton team, so that's not helping much is it!

Did just start to think he was showing a little bit more, with his runs, holding and lay offs, though I have to admit for to him to become a prolific scorer he will need plenty of help.

Saha creates more chance for himself, perhaps even the yak goes by people somtimes!

If we had a fully fit Saha, up to speed Yak, and ready to return Vaughan and Anichebe, then perhaps we could survive without Jo.........BUT Saha's fitness is always in question, the Yaks speed/readiness is still a question.....and Vaughan and Anichebe are still a risk!So how can we let him go?

Edited by Blue 250

I really hope this is bollocks and I hope Jo doesnt read this otherwise his confidence will go completely.

He may not hit the net as much as he should but his link up play is as good as anyone elses up front which is the main job of a lone striker. If Saha isnt fit then Id definitely start with him over the others right now.

Personally I think and hope this is just some bullshit journalism...

i don't think jo is as bad as people make out. as i've posted in the past i've never been a fan but i think he's just been made to look worse by moyes' negative tactics...4-5-1 doesn't suit jo or saha or yakubu. if we played jo with saha on a more consistent basis i think we'd see him improve, he's shown he can link play quite well and he make some nice runs and passes, if he was able to link up with someone he'd be a better player IMO. still as things stand i don't mind him going back, but i think it's about time moyes stopped being so negative.

Jo has been shite this season and some of our bad form is directly down to him, he hasn't been there scoring the goals and without the goals we won't win games. This should have happened sooner, we need to sign one, maybe two strikers in January to cover for Yak and support Saha.

Bill, you are a man after my own heart! :D

I just think that he would put more effort and score more goals than Jo has, and we could get him cheap.

Burnley are hoping to make the loan deal permanent for £3m, but Nugent would jump at the chance to come here if we made an approach.

I just think that he would put more effort and score more goals than Jo has, and we could get him cheap.

Burnley are hoping to make the loan deal permanent for £3m, but Nugent would jump at the chance to come here if we made an approach.

Very true, something I said when Nugent was leaving Preston that he is relatively cheap, an Everton fan so you know he will put in the effort. Scored a few premiership goals now too.

But I think we know we won't be buying him.

Yeah Jo is as good as gone. The official site wouldn't have published such critical comments if he were to stay. The same happened with Lescott.

When did Lescott bugger off on an unauthorised holiday? different kettle of fish here Louis. This is reminiscent of the Yak not returning from the last ACN. DM must believe he is through if not why suspend him when we are short of strikers, a hefty fine would have been more appropriate..............depending on how much of his wages we pay!

When did Lescott bugger off on an unauthorised holiday? different kettle of fish here Louis. This is reminiscent of the Yak not returning from the last ACN. DM must believe he is through if not why suspend him when we are short of strikers, a hefty fine would have been more appropriate..............depending on how much of his wages we pay!

From the Daily Express...

BRAZILIAN striker Jo is facing a massive £70,000 fine for going AWOL- even though Everton do not pay his wages.

It has emerged that Everton insisted as part of Joleon Lescott’s acrimonious £22million switch from Goodison to Eastlands that City would continue to pay Jo’s wages, which are thought to be about £35,000-a-week.

Don't know how much truth is in that but was a bit surprised when I read it - are we really that good at negotiating deals, or were City that desperate.