IGNORED

Portsmouth In Administration?

Got this from the "Play up Pompey" forum, not too sure what it means ........

Right this is aimed at all you worried Pompey fans and excuse the length of this post....information I just downloaded from Companies House

1. Club has a secured debt with Barclays Bank from April 2000 (This would be under Mandaric!)

2. Club has a secured debt with Coutts & Co (another bank) created 15 July 2009

3. Debt to Standard Bank was settled 26 September 2009

4. Debt to Singer & Friedlander (an investment company) settled 4 November 2009

5. Mortgage created over all our assets in favour of Portpin Limited, a company with the same address as Mark Jacob who was made a director of PFC on 5 October 2009

6. PFC is owned 10% by Al Fahim Asia Associates Limited and 90% by Falcondrone Limited

None of the companies listed above are registered companies in the UK so I am going to spend the rest of NYE doing some research. At present there is no mention of Ali Al Faraj anywhere at Companies House unless he has an involvement in any of the above companies.

Got this from the "Play up Pompey" forum, not too sure what it means ........

Right this is aimed at all you worried Pompey fans and excuse the length of this post....information I just downloaded from Companies House

1. Club has a secured debt with Barclays Bank from April 2000 (This would be under Mandaric!)

2. Club has a secured debt with Coutts & Co (another bank) created 15 July 2009

3. Debt to Standard Bank was settled 26 September 2009

4. Debt to Singer & Friedlander (an investment company) settled 4 November 2009

5. Mortgage created over all our assets in favour of Portpin Limited, a company with the same address as Mark Jacob who was made a director of PFC on 5 October 2009

6. PFC is owned 10% by Al Fahim Asia Associates Limited and 90% by Falcondrone Limited

None of the companies listed above are registered companies in the UK so I am going to spend the rest of NYE doing some research. At present there is no mention of Ali Al Faraj anywhere at Companies House unless he has an involvement in any of the above companies.

Fascinating that little lot Bill, trouble is that who ever is investigating these companies will almost certainly run into a brick wall as it is normal to show the actual ruling shares to be 'held in a trust' the trustees are just front men for the actual owners, it is legal but makes a total mockery of the 'fit owner test' applied by the PL. For all of you wanting us to be owned by foreigners, no way if these events are anything to go by. I also feel that Brum will have a rude awakening, the guy who has supposedly bought them out didn't have enough to do it last term, now he has been successful, if indeed the money has come from him on top of which a further £40 mil has been promised for transfers, the world is in recession yet he can come up with that sort of money................I'm deeply suspicious

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Step 1. By struggling club on the cheap.

Step 2. Resolve oustanding debts through sale of players.

Step 3. "Bravely" fight against relegation (and lose)

Step 4. Cash in on relegation parachute payments.

Step 5. Liquidate remaining assets-or sell off a debt free championship club to someone interested.

Its just good business

• 5 weeks later...

You'd want one of these people to invest in Everton!?

Hopefully if they'd sniffed they'd have been told to f'ck off sharpish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8500609.stm

Well said Mike!

Just a thought, couldnt the FA step in here and come up with a similar rule for ownership as they do with player transfer (max 2 clubs per season for a player). Surely that would help put a stop to this nonsense? At least make it more difficult for idiot business investors to just take a fancy to club, buy it then drop it when they get bored. I do feel sorry for Pompey. Hopefully this will happen the Kopites when the yanks get bored of it and they fall and crumble, i will be less sympathetic then!

Close to the edge...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8505321.stm

Only two years ago...

The Franco-Russian (Gaydamak) completed a buy-out of former chairman Milan Mandaric for around £32 million in the summer of 2006 and has since provided investment in the playing squad which helped Harry Redknapp guide Portsmouth to their highest league finish for more than 50 years. This season they are pushing for what would be their first Uefa Cup campaign.

In a rare interview last year, Gaydamak said that he was "fanatical about Portsmouth" and insisted his aim was to "build something" and provide stability.

The statement yesterday added: "[Gaydamak and the board] remain excited by... plans for a new 36,000 state-of the-art stadium at Horsea Island. The club has moved from the threat of almost certain relegation to become a permanent fixture in the top 10 in the Premier League."

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they're now asking the league for special dispensation to sell players outside of the window...the only way they can raise funds to avoid going bust I suppose.

Will this mean that other clubs will have permission to buy them? I suppose it must, but can they then be played? Surely not. If you're going to buy a player who's not going to be available until next season the prices would be much lower. Makings of a real fire-sale here.

Given how lucky the redshite are it wouldnt suprise me if portsmouth went into liquidation an be granted a wind-up order. This would then mean that all points took and lost from portsmouth this season would be eradicated and since the redshite failed to beat portsmouth they would find themselves once again in the top 4.

Everton who managed to beat portsmouth would ultimately lose 3 points????

so...........

Is it just me or do liverpool always seem to find a way into the champions league? bending rules or sheer luck it always happens they always have to be in on the party and if there not in europe then noone else is allowed either (heysel). Normally i wouldnt mention a disaster but when you have liverpool fans holding up a banner saying "Steau bucharest 1986" it seems they are proud of what happened, and openly mocking everton fans (whom the majority will feel everton would and should have won the european cup instead of steau bucharest)

Look at 2005 for example, liverpool granted permission into the CL and finished 5th???? Now fair enough they won the cup and it seems fair enough that they should defend it. But this was not the rule and still isnt, if you fail to finish in the correct position domestically then you fail to qualify for the CL simple. so why were rules bent for liverpool???

Also suggestions of a CL playoff? why havent they done this since the top 4 became apparent???? and why has it only been considered more recently when the top 4 looks like it may finally be dismantled (in liverpools misfortune hahahaha)? Probabally because its feared liverpool wont make the top 4 the normal way and cant qualify for europe by winning the CL (already used that lifeline) so there only hope is through a playoff which they will probabally cock up and find yet another way into the CL.

IMO the truth is liverpool need the money more-so than everton, we have chipped away season after season slow and steady. The thought of liverpool not being in europe and getting the revenue which they have became reliant on has made them panic and instead of qualifying on the field the spawny/lucky kopites will always find a way into the champions league.

so without digging up the past and going on too much I will end on a high note

Kopites are gobshites

coyb

Given how lucky the redshite are it wouldnt suprise me if portsmouth went into liquidation an be granted a wind-up order. This would then mean that all points took and lost from portsmouth this season would be eradicated and since the redshite failed to beat portsmouth they would find themselves once again in the top 4.

so...........

Is it just me or do liverpool always seem to find a way into the champions league? bending rules or sheer luck it always happens they always have to be in on the party and if there not in europe then noone else is allowed either (heysel). Normally i wouldnt mention a disaster but when you have liverpool fans holding up a banner saying "Steau bucharest 1986" it seems they are proud of what happened, and openly mocking everton fans (whom the majority will feel everton would and should have won the european cup instead of steau bucharest)

Look at 2005 for example, liverpool granted permission into the CL and finished 5th???? Now fair enough they won the cup and it seems fair enough that they should defend it. But this was not the rule and still isnt, if you fail to finish in the correct position domestically then you fail to qualify for the CL simple. so why were rules bent for liverpool???

Also suggestions of a CL playoff? why havent they done this since the top 4 became apparent???? and why has it only been considered more recently when the top 4 looks like it may finally be dismantled (in liverpools misfortune hahahaha)? Probabally because its feared liverpool wont make the top 4 the normal way and cant qualify for europe by winning the CL (already used that lifeline) so there only hope is through a playoff which they will probabally cock up and find yet another way into the CL.

IMO the truth is liverpool need the money more-so than everton, we have chipped away season after season slow and steady. The thought of liverpool not being in europe and getting the revenue which they have became reliant on has made them panic and instead of qualifying on the field the spawny/lucky kopites will always find a way into the champions league.

Kopites are gobshites

coyb

Anyone would think your a bitter blue reading that.......whatever happens happens... not arsed about the redshite myself....only a couple of times a season when im even bothererd looking at them....

so...........

Kopites are gobshites

coyb

I don't think your bitter for stating the obvious.......and you ask can their luck run out......Dam right it can.

Funny thing is they will blame it all on the Americans, David Moyes, Beach balls, Man Utd, Man City......infact everyone!

I don't think your bitter for stating the obvious.......and you ask can their luck run out......Dam right it can.

Funny thing is they will blame it all on the Americans, David Moyes, Beach balls, Man Utd, Man City......infact everyone!

so business as usual for them but gives others the chance to play CL!

Just one small issue i have with the CL, surely only the champions, by which i mean the people who are the best in that season, should play in the champions league. At a stretch top 3 (gold silver and bronze). 4th is nonsense. I like the idea of giving it to a playoff of the 2 finalists of the cups, champions of that competition. either that or change the title to "the champions-and-next-3-teams-who-werent-good-enough-to-come-1st-but-we-want-to-make-more-money-out-of-the-competition-so-we-look-at-which-leagues-are-the-most-marketable-and-include-some-of-those-runnerup-teams-who-most-tourists-and-foreigners-recognize-to-make-up-the-numbers League"

Catchy dont ya think?

Edited by galacticaracnid

i've always said that about it should be champions cup and it would put more life into the league and fa cup if they got the champions spots...ok i know coming higher in the league is harder to do than winning the fa or league cup and the prospect of a possible championship team being in there but at least they'd be champions on not runners up! would stop this shit of playing weakened teams in cups and disrespecting them...

and the 4th spot well i dunno maybe a playoff of 2-5th for that or just give it to 2nd place but it irritates me if they bring in the playoff system 7th place could go into the champions league..theyre only 10 spots above relagation

well until 1997 it was the "champions cup" hen they gradually added more and more teams to it.

While it is a good tournament and none of the 4 English sides have ever failed to show they should be there (even the shites! who besides this year have been very good in europe.

When you look at both the Champions league and the Europa league you can see the quality of the clubs at many of the nations which only encourages UEFA to keep pushing the tournaments and getting more teams in it.

The new owner of Notts County has, he bought the club for £1, yeah just one pound. :blink:

County signed Sol Campbell before he left for Arsenal, and had Sven Goran Ericsson as their Director of Football. Sven has stood down and given up the Two million pounds remaining on his contract, that gesture gains a bit of respect from me as opposed to Sol Campbell.. He walked away after just one game to seek pastures new, dont know how many millions he has earned over the years, and still is earning, but insists on suing Portsmouth for a few thousand in wages he is still owed from his stint there.

As if Portsmouth are not in enough trouble. ;)

The new owner of Notts County has, he bought the club for £1, yeah just one pound. :blink:

County signed Sol Campbell before he left for Arsenal, and had Sven Goran Ericsson as their Director of Football. Sven has stood down and given up the Two million pounds remaining on his contract, that gesture gains a bit of respect from me as opposed to Sol Campbell.. He walked away after just one game to seek pastures new, dont know how many millions he has earned over the years, and still is earning, but insists on suing Portsmouth for a few thousand in wages he is still owed from his stint there.

As if Portsmouth are not in enough trouble. ;)

apparently he is suing Portsmouth for 1.7 million so he obviously doesnt care about the club. its a lot of money but if youre already rolling in it do you really need to go an put a nail in the coffin of a team that looked after you for a few years? Hope he loses his case, greedy bastard...

• 4 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8585099.stm

allowed to sell players outside the transfer window...is this fair do you reckon??

the players cannot play for their club til next season though..

I don't see a problem with it if it helps keep them in business. They're going down, they won't gain any advantage on the pitch and neither will anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6107104/Level-of-Portsmouth-debts-laid-bare

Among the debts is the staggering revelation that Portsmouth owe money to Spurs over former goalkeeper Begovic - even though he never played for the north London club.

During the final days of the January transfer window it is thought that, when Portsmouth sold Younes Kaboul to Tottenham, the club negotiated a double deal which included Begovic.

Begovic snubbed a move to White Hart Lane, preferring a transfer to Stoke, but the £1million sell-on clause included in the deal remained despite the fact the Serbian has no connection with the north London outfit.

:blink: