IGNORED

Portsmouth In Administration?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's only the parent company, but in reality that'll have a knock on effect.

Not quite bust yet, but the administrators will surely look at the subsiduaries and say "Portsmouth F.C. is not good for the books, lose it if possible"

Getting someone to buy it - that's the hard part.

You can't compare Portsmouth and Everton though. Just cos someone buys a cheap club doesn't mean you can sell an expensive one.

It's all just more evidence of the sorry state of our game. All the hype and 'success' we see on TV masks the true mess.

• 3 months later...

Feel sorry for the fans as they had nothing to do with what has happened to Portsmouth over the past few years. It always seems strange that Pompey are in the shit because a few seasons back they looked like they could turn into a team that could challenge in Europe and had plans to build a lovely new stadia at the Portsmouth docks.

If they do go what will happen about their remaining fixtures? If they go down as 3-0 defeats some clubs could argue that they would have scored more goals past them, I know the rules would not change but I'm just wondering what would happen should they fold before the Championship closes.

Players are another thing, obviously no transfer fee would come should Portsmouth go so who would you have out of their squad (if anyone);

Its technically my local club and i do feel for the fans but this is the second time this has happened so they deserve everything they get tbh

I'd still feel sorry for the fans whether it was the first, second, third or hundreth time that they had been into administration because there is nothing they can do about it. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for the board as they are the people that have allowed Pompey to go into the shit as like I said in my earlier post they have gone from being a solid Premiership team that could have done well in Europe to being a shite Championship team which may end up extinct come May.

Teams always find buyers such as when Liverpool were in the shit and I believe Glasgow Rangers will get out of their troubles. I do believe however that Portsmouth's time is up, I woulden't be a bit surprised if this was the end for them.

If we were a wealthy club, could we let our promising youngsters youngsters, say most of the reserves/U18's play there every year if we wipe out their debt, like a kind of feeder club if you like? Is there a law against that?

Probably, I'm sure there is a rule saying that a chairman can only own one football club. I'm very 50/50 on the subject so don't quote me and I may well be wrong but I'm sure I heard somewhere that you can only have one football club as your own.

For example Manchester City could not buy half of the League 2 teams and use them as Manchester City B, C and so on..

disgrace...goin into administration for a 2nd time...should be booted out of the league

My views exactly.

I feel so sorry for the fans because it's not their fault but I hold no sympathy for the board for letting themselves get into such a state. It angers me how they got into administration and got lots of financial help to get themselves back on their feet last season and have fucked themselves over yet again - does anyone know how this has all come about? I remember hearing something about their chairman being arrested but I've no idea how they have managed to get so far into the shit in such a short space of time.

My views exactly.

I feel so sorry for the fans because it's not their fault but I hold no sympathy for the board for letting themselves get into such a state. It angers me how they got into administration and got lots of financial help to get themselves back on their feet last season and have fucked themselves over yet again - does anyone know how this has all come about? I remember hearing something about their chairman being arrested but I've no idea how they have managed to get so far into the shit in such a short space of time.

If Sky went tits up overnight then so will a lot of premier league clubs as well, must be tough for them, I have a little pity, not much but a little.

Probably, I'm sure there is a rule saying that a chairman can only own one football club. I'm very 50/50 on the subject so don't quote me and I may well be wrong but I'm sure I heard somewhere that you can only have one football club as your own.

For example Manchester City could not buy half of the League 2 teams and use them as Manchester City B, C and so on..

Sorted Zoo! We will have to just pay them to loan our future stars! Say fifty pence a week/each player!

• 4 months later...

In response, player Tal Ben Haim told the administrator's to cut their fee:

http://www.dailymail...h-fit-bill.html

£1m a year for image rights? I'd barely heard of him.

Sure we were linked with him a couple of times.

Anyway, I really feel for Pompey and their supporters. It must be sickening to watch. Might be the best idea to let the club be liquidated and start a new company and team from scratch.

But would anyone notice, that's what I'd like to know.

I don't really like QPR, so if they did go bust I woulden't really give a fuck.

How long has this Portsmouth debt shit gone on now though? must have been at least four/five years now?

In response, player Tal Ben Haim told the administrator's to cut their fee - £1m a year for image rights? I'd barely heard of him.

He's probably massive in Isreal though. Apart from Benayoun they don't really have anyone that's playing top class football in England, Ben Haim has been at Bolton and Chelsea (both top flight clubs at the time) so will have become very, very popular in his native country. He's a nobody over here in the UK but back home I'd expect him to be a house-hold name.

Edited by Zoo