IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

i would really like to see jamie o'hara at goodison next season a great old fashioned winger, looked great at pompey last season and also seems to work hard, Cahill would thrive off the balls coming in from o'hara, we would have have a great left side with baines and ohara.

STAY - GO - BRING IN

Goalkeepers

Jan Mucha - Had a good tournament with Slovakia making some great saves and making only 1 or 2 mistakes. Seems like a top class keeper who will provide competition for the first place spot.

Carlo Nash - Thought he was going anyway? Surplus to requirements at this point

Tim Howard - Still our Number 1, but hope he goes from strength to strength this season and progressess, tends to make random and unpredictable errors but they are few and far between.

Iain Turner - We need a 3rd keeper for back-up so in this case he should stay, but realistically we should be looking for a younger more talented keeper and look to get shot of turner.

Defenders

Tony Hibbert - I'm nowhere near his biggest fan, as somebody who believes that full backs should overlap and get in for crosses Hibbert is far too meat and potatoes for my liking. The only plus side is he is everton through and through and will work hard to get into the side. For now, Neville is better at right-back.

Leighton Baines - Just signed a 5-year contract, have no problems with him at all, glad to have him on a long term deal.

Joseph Yobo - We all know he has his moments but Yobo was moulded to be a defender; big, strong, good in the air, and definately one to keep hold of.

Phil Jagielka - No explination required.

Sylvian Distin - Just. Distin is getting on and isn't exactly a fine wine. But his experience will be valuable for our younger defenders and he has a good head on his shoulders. Worth another year at least.

Johnny Heitinga - Utility player. Fullback, centre half, defensive midfielder, indispensable.

Seamus Coleman - Promising young player who is developing all the time. Would liek to see him get utilised more as the season goes on. He will be one to keep an eye on.

Shane Duffy - I don't know enough about duffy to know whether he will be able to push his way into the squad this season, possibly in the cups? But I would prefer us to get some of these younger players out on loan to get some experience. LOAN

Left Back - I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to left backs but we desperately need cover because losing baines to injury at any point takes away our only left back. Despite the fact that other players can play there I don't want them to, it would be much smarter to get in a decent, albeit cheap and probably young left back as an understudy to baines, or an older, more experienced player.

I'll do midfielders and Striekrs later ;)

Regulator said .....

Iain Turner - We need a 3rd keeper for back-up so in this case he should stay, but realistically we should be looking for a younger more talented keeper and look to get shot of Turner.

----

And so the cycle starts again, Turner was a young and talented player, capped at all levels 18s, 21s, and made the full squad on a couple of occasions, was superseded by Ruddy, also a young talented player capped at 18s and 21s.

Whats the point if he wont give them a chance and keeps bringing in back-up goalies on loan. ;)

I think we could probably get a good deal if we include Anichebe as part of it. But to be honest I am not sure if it is worthwhile using him to get a player unless they are definately available. once Anichebe realises he is a possible offering he will be looking to leave.

Umm does that make sense to anyone? I wrote it and it looks weird, but I dunno how else to word it.

Regulator said .....

Iain Turner - We need a 3rd keeper for back-up so in this case he should stay, but realistically we should be looking for a younger more talented keeper and look to get shot of Turner.

----

And so the cycle starts again, Turner was a young and talented player, capped at all levels 18s, 21s, and made the full squad on a couple of occasions, was superseded by Ruddy, also a young talented player capped at 18s and 21s.

Whats the point if he wont give them a chance and keeps bringing in back-up goalies on loan. ;)

Isn't that the point though? They are there just for back-up, like Joe Hart was at man City. It's a rare case where we will actually call for our 3rd choice keeper, as it is with all clubs, but why keep Turner when he knows he is 3rd choice for us? I agree with the sentiment that if we don't give these young talented keepers a chance why continue to get new ones, but Turner is 26 now I believe? I really can't see him getting into the first team here or even pushing for it, so why not ship him off for a small amount and start again, Howard won't go on forever, but he's got a good few years left at the top level. Then there's Mucha, who is also a world class goalkeeper, so I don't see a point when 3rd will be necessary unless they both get injured. It's not really about getting rid of turner, because he could very well stay, but why not sell him and make some sort of profit from him to help towards getting a different signing?

Edited by The Regulator

To go....Anichebe (not scoring goals), Turner or Nash (3 keepers is enough), Yobo (too casual in possession hence mistakes), Hibbert (lacking quality/technique)

Bring in...Carlos Salcido - LB backup for baines(good performances for Mexico at WC2010), Micah Richards - RB replace Hibbert & CB backup (not needed at Eastlands), and KP Boateng - Midf. to rotate with ossie and billy.(single handedly carried Ghana at WC2010)

Starting XI: Howard, Richards, Heitinga, Jags, Baines, Neville, Arteta, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill, Yak/Beckford/Saha

Carling Cup XI: Mucha, Coleman, Duffy, Distin, Salcido, Rodwell, Gosling, Osman/Boateng, Billy/Boateng, Jutkewitz, Vaughn

Ruddy is now going to Norwich on a permanent, thats another young talented goalie who has wasted 5 years of his career, why should we go looking for more young talented goalies. ;)

All I can say is I'm glad we couldn't scrape together the money we were quoted for Joe Hart when he was at Shrewsbury, we'd have wrecked his career too.

• 1 year later...

The Olsen twins and their little sister should come in, and go out with me wub.png

Out:

Mucha

Cahill 4

Yobo 4

Coleman 4

*Jagielka 8

Baines (nothing against Baines, I'd just prefer to keep Felli given the choice) 15

In:

Dempsey 5

*Kalou free

Barnetta free

Richardson 2

*Cuellar (as 4th choice) free

12 mil to the bank and 16 left over for if a winger and striker better than we have becomes available.

Weaker at LB, but overall the defence will be more solid as no Jags means no Jags-Distin partnership.

Better going forward and hopefully a less predictable, more evenly distributed play(as no Baines).

*unlikely

Like to see more of: Barkley, Baxter, Garbutt, and Brown

We'd risk doing a Leeds going into more debt, we'd need guaranteed champs league football next season to pay the banks back.

I know. I'm just saying that selling Baines won't mean that our right flank will suddenly start playing better, only that our left one will be shitter. Anyway, I'd rather sell Fellaini. He'll fetch more money and plays in a position where we have a fair amount of capable players. Rodwell could play holding midfielder and Gibson as more of a box to box.

Anyway, I'd rather sell Fellaini. He'll fetch more money and plays in a position where we have a fair amount of capable players.

Really surprised to see a Belgian saying that.

For me Felli is essential and indespensable.....we should build the team around him. He's the last player I'd sell.

Really surprised to see a Belgian saying that.

For me Felli is essential and indespensable.....we should build the team around him. He's the last player I'd sell.

This this this and this. The more game time Fellaini and Gibson get with each other next season, the better we will play. They both seem to bring the best out of each other and those around them.