IGNORED

Spurs (away)

MikeO

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shitting bricks every time Distin is called upon to defend.. Defoe will get the better of him eventually to get on the score sheet.

The whole team look lethargic and there's just no pace in our wings... Donovan played crap against Sporting at Goodison and then was excellent against United... why drop him and then put Anichebe on the wing?

Bily a worst offender in Lisbon? He's been lackluster most of the season.. any particular reason he's out? Not that he'd have the pace but a bit more creativity then Vic.

Yakubu, I'm loving the tidy little flick on's etc, pity they are often to a spurs player..

Osman's working hard as usual.

Rodders showing some quality and inexperience in the same moves, if the ball was going faster the header would have been on target :P.

I'm really thinking hard about whether to stay up for another hour... it's 1am here and I've got work tomorrow... it's either stay up and hope for a very unlikely resurgence or go to bed and watch the recording / highlights pack... it's not like we've Fellaini and Cahill and Saha playing.. I cannot see any of our players being able to score a goal unless it's a tap in for Yak from another Gomez butterfingers moment or a 30yd thumper from Rodwell.

Moyes needs to make changes now, not in 10-15 minutes, NOW! Be fucking proactive for a change Davey. Get Anichebe off and Donovan on just for his pace alone, it'll give us an outlet!

proactive? sorry, I love the guy to bits, but proactive will never find its way onto his CV

Gomes really does look terrible today. We need to throw everything we've got at him. I think Moyes is actually playing Rodwell in the advanced/Cahill role, and he just doesn't know how to play that position. I think Donovan has to come on, and maybe Vaughan? It's not pretty out there, but we need to at least show a response.

Wow how come we have to concede in order to start playing? Yakubu was just left up front and no-one got near him until we conceded. What a shocker of a 1st goal as well. Im not sure what Heitinga was thinking? 10 times out of 10 he should have gone to close down Defoe as the covering defender. My only defence of his is that he didnt realise Neville was behind him, but it was still a bad goal to concede.

Then we played better, with Yakubu, Vic and Rodwell getting on the ball better without creating a proper chance (except Yak from Gomes' drop and a couple of Vic blocked shots), then they go down the other end and score a beautiful goal. You could attribute blame, but it was well worked and a great finish. Since then we have played some better stuff again, Rodwell should ahve scored and Vic is tormenting Bale when he gets in an attacking position, whereas Bale has his number defensively (not to mention Neville's as well, pathetic challenge for his booking - now all he does is back off more!).

We are just half a yard slower than them across the pitch, and it really shows. They are beating us to the ball and tbh there isnt much we can do about it. I imagine people on here are going to be critising Yakubu and Vic (probably Distin as well) but the former two have done a good job when they have been given good delivery and when the ball has been played to feet, Yakubu has used the ball very well and brought others into the game.

We somehow need to find a way to shackle Bale and Modric as they are running the show (No Moyes that doesnt mean get Osman to man mark!) and without a replacement RB on the bench I fear we are going to suffer unless Moyes wants to move Heitinga across and Jags/Yobo through the centre.

IMO there isnt much else we can do apart from work harder and try and keep some defensive shape (maybe Osman sitting properly because they are dangerous on counters - but we have to get a goal!). We have passed it around nicely at times, and we are only a final ball short of getting a goal. If we start bright and get one back early doors we may be able to rattle them again and rescue a draw although I dont see it coming. Im afraid its just one of those days...

WHAT!? He's taken Osman off, the best of a bad bunch in midfield, brought Jags on and pushed Heitinga into midfield. Oh dear. We need to score at least 2 goals and he makes such a defensive substitution, well done Davey, you've outdone yourself here you buffoon.

Why is Anichebe still on? :blink:

Edited by Romey 1878

Moyes has got his tactics all wrong, I have no idea who's playing what role in our midfield - who is the DM, who's playing the support role to the Yak? - we have no balance or shape, and coupled with a complete lack of tempo and an inability to close them down and also to find space ourselves we're being murdered.

Get Anichebe off, please, he's so off the pace it's unbelievable. And he's up against Bale who is mugging him at every opportunity.

This is embarrassing and painful to watch :(.

I agree that he shouldnt be playing down the right but I think he is doing alright when he gets in attacking positions. Stick him up next to Yak but make sure he works hard. If he doesnt bring Vaughan on.

I completely agree about the midfield. Sometimes Rodwell sits, next thing he is up supporting Yakubu!? Thats why we are getting caught on the counter as we have our whole midfield and both fullbacks on the overlap (less with Neville).