IGNORED

Spurs (away)

MikeO

Amazed that this hasn't been started yet....maybe everyone still a little dazed and confused after Thursday.

I have no idea what will happen...the team seem to be suffering from multiple personality disorder so who knows which version will turn up.

I'd be tempted to take a draw....could live with that. Seven points from Feb would have been beyond our wildest dreams after the derby....nine would be better :) .

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the ManU game I thought we would walk the match against Spurs.

After the Lisbon game I am wondering if we should take spades to dig a hole and bury the team in it.

I have not got a clue how this will work out. Will there be a kick back after the last game or will heads drop?

I think we will hammer Spurs.............. or maybe get destroyed by them.

I am that kind of decisive person. :P

Important game for us and an equally important one for Spurs, the winner of this might just kick on a bit.

Will Everton take a midfield with them to London, they didn't bother with one on Thursday, and we all know what happened.Will Moyes show faith in Bily and Donovan,or will he change a few things?

Spurs are better than Sporting :unsure: ....but we can't be as bad as that again...can we?

I recon 1-1....Our goal comimg from a midfield player, Spurs wont be expecting that..not if they watched Thursdays game :rolleyes:

There are things in both teams favour.

For us - there is no Lennon and there is doubt about Defoe.

Heitinga will be back to shore up the defence, Spurs have been as guilty as us of Jekyll & Hyde performances, and we have bounced straight back from piss poor performances recently.

For them - They are at home, and the man who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo - Pavlyuchenko (sp), has suddenly found his shooting boots :o

I expect a close game, hoping for a win obviously, but I really don't know which way to go on this.

The only thing that is almost certain is that it's going to be peeing down with rain and possibly very windy, (Looks like I will be getting wet) but that certainly won't contribute to a pretty game.

A win here will be a really good result for us, that would mean 9 pts from Feb, at the beginning of the month, I'd have taken 6 and we have that already, so in one way I'm not too bothered about the result, however, this could potentially be a six pointer depending on how results go from now till the end of the season. I'll take a draw, but that's all we needed the other night, so that kind of attitude is a waste of time.

I'm hoping the boys are able to bounce straight back after the defeat in Lisbon, something tells me we're gonna be hungover still, I dont expect a good performance, at least for the first half. It'd be good just to get some confidence back. But as MikeO and Iggy have stated, it depends on which team turns up - Jekyll or Hyde.

I'm going with 3-1, not sure yet which way though!

Spurs at home is always a tough match. Recently we have been good at home and crap away so I am going to go for a close defeat, maybe with them scoring a set piece late on.

Hopefully the performace picks up and players look like they want to wear the shirt. I would also love to see Coleman start, he cant do much worse than Neville has in recent games defensively so lets at least have some attacking intent down the right. He ripped Bale a new arsehole last time so why not this.

Pretty sure we'll come away with three points. As was said after the derby, we always come back strong from disappointment. Now with news of a virus outbreak a WHL, who knows how well they'll be playing (Not to mention Defoe being a doubt!). We could really do them some damage. We won't see the same type of play we did against Lisbon.

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Distin Baines

Donovan Osman Arteta Rodwell Pienaar

Saha

Nash, Duffy, Yobo, Neville, Bily, Gosling, Yak

3-0

Anichebe will be playing on the right, not upfront, so it's as you were.

I'm pretty pissed that Moyes only dropped Bily and Donovan, Neville needed it too, but he's a Moyes favourite so it was never going to happen.

Also dropped the centre backs! Agree on Neville though.

Im presuming Coleman has an injury as surely you wouldnt leave him out after his game turning performance against them at Goodison.

Im surprised to see this line-up. Im also guessing Saha has a knock? Hopefully this is a chance for Vic and Yak to step up and get some game time under their belt. If Yak plays like he did when he came on against Sporting in the 1st leg we will do well. I will be interested to see who plays up next to Yak? Maybe Rodwell after his goal against Utd, or more likely now that he is in the team Osman will move forward. If thats the case then we MUST keep the ball on the floor and not hoof it up field pointlessly.

COYBS!

I imagine Moyes will probably get him to play right side, otherwise that will mean one of Arteta or Osman will play right which they arent anywhere near as effective from. Having said that I would love to see Vic play the Cahill role, getting in peoples faces, ruffing up the defence and working hard. It could end up being a very important game for his futre at the club and I really hope it works.