IGNORED

Aaron Ramsey

It was an absolute shocker, you could actually see his ankle hanging in the air. Shawcross didnt mean to catch him like he did and he looked as if he was crying as he left the pitch.

I wish Ramsey a speedy recovery as he has looked a super little player. I also hope people dont jump on Shawcross' back. It was a bad tackle, he didnt mean and these things happen.

Can't watch all the replays, I get a little bit twitchy now since I wrecked my cruciate.

Watching it at full speed and judging by what MOTD lot were saying, it was a bad challenge but definitely not deliberate. He actually caught Ramsey with the laces part of his foot, so no studs up or 2 footers for a change.

Hopefully Ramsay comes back strong. Unfortunately, he's at a club where a few lads have been through similar in the past.

it was definitely not the horror tackle that it was advertised to be. I hope shawcross doesn't gain a reputation for it and hope he hasn't put an end to ramsey's career.

I don't think he will, looking around at various forums the general consensus (minus a few Arsenal supporters) understand that it was just a horrible footballing incident as opposed to a malicious challenge.

"It is a bad challenge but I know Shawcross, I signed him as a 19-year-old. He has got no bad blood in him whatsoever and there is no way in a million years he would ever go out to hurt anybody" I think that's the main thing here, never been sent off before, only a handful of yellow cards, it's obvious the sort of player he is; not really comparable to the likes of Keane etc.

Edited by Kohen

They reckon he could be back in September.

That is unbelievably good news. So basically what Shawcross did is similar to what kyrgiakos did to Fellaini. I don't know if that should be interpreted as meaning that Shawcross is not a reckless player or that kyrgiakos made the dumbest tackle of the past season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/mar/06/aaron-ramsey-broken-leg-ryan-shawcross

I enjoyed reading this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/mar/06/aaron-ramsey-broken-leg-ryan-shawcross

And this. If only a certain Mr. Wenger could speak with that sort of level-headedness.

Edited by Romey 1878