IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Martinez had said in some interview on SSN yesterday that he still wanted to make 3 attacking signings. I don't think Henen was included in that, as it was with reference to how we'll play with the first team. I still see 2 more after Lukaku.... Although I still can't believe this I going to happen!

I'd like two players in every position (plus the youngsters) and three up top. So another winger (preferably a right winger as I'd like to see Mirallas get his chance on the left this season) and another centre forward and I'd be made up.

I'd like two players in every position (plus the youngsters) and three up top. So another winger (preferably a right winger as I'd like to see Mirallas get his chance on the left this season) and another centre forward and I'd be made up.

I don't see us going for another center forward. Lukaku, Kone will hopefully be back, Henen is an option, plus Naismith and Mirallas could play up there if need be. I think winger is a priority. And as little as it's talked about, I think we need another center half. Alcaraz is a joke, and Syl is one wrong step away from a broken hip.

If the reported £5m upfront is true then it's an unbelievable bit of business by the club and you really do have to take your hat off to them.

Hopefully that is the case and we still have money left to bring in another good permanent transfer and maybe a loan or two or visa versa, a quality winger and attacking midfielder/front man and I'd be over the moon!

I don't see us going for another center forward. Lukaku, Kone will hopefully be back, Henen is an option, plus Naismith and Mirallas could play up there if need be. I think winger is a priority. And as little as it's talked about, I think we need another center half. Alcaraz is a joke, and Syl is one wrong step away from a broken hip.

Henen is going in the under 21's so I'm not sure he's much of an option at all really.

I'd settle for getting Traoré back on loan, but we definitely need another centre forward imo. Who knows whether Koné will actually ever be back? Henen isn't a realistic option, perhaps he could be one next year, but he'll probably end up playing on the wing anyway. Naismith and Mirallas are emergency cover.

How's Alcaraz a joke btw? Do you mean you think he's shit or do you say it because he's been injured a lot? We've got Jags, Distin, Stones, Alcaraz and at the moment Duffy and Browning as well.

Think there will be a couple more come in. Another striker and a winger on LOAN.... Which will be ace! As we all know how much that winds the redshirt up. Hopefully a Barcelona wonderkid. We're about to sign Lukaku for £25m :)))))))) made up!!!!

Alcaraz bar his fitness is a more than capable stand in Distin is a physical freak Stones is more than ready to step in full time and we have Jags plus Besic if push comes to shove will surely be used as cover as could Duffy but I'm not sure he's cut out for this level.

I think we will make do with what we have and once/if Galloway joins it may be a case of time and experience before he and Stones become our future pairing if he's as good as some say.

Of course it's happening, have you not seen the explosion of Lukaku-shaped excitement?!

After what has gone on this summer with the Lukaku "news" I was not going to believe anything until someone who would undoubtedly know said something. We're finally here.

Noooooo pleasenot 10 it has to be 9 although he can weR 99 as long as he signs I am poised waiting to order the away 9 shirts with Lukaku on the back for my boys :(

I should leave it a day or two to see if they go for free name and number on him as they are on Barkley, could save yourself £24.

Brilliant!! Really happy!! 2 more and we'll be sorted??

GK - Howard, Joel

RB - Coleman, Hibbert, Browning

CB - Jagielka, Stones

CB - Distin, Alcaraz

LB - Baines, Oviedo, Garbutt

CM - Barry, Gibson

CM - McCarthy, Besic

RW - Mirallas, *Loan*

LW - Pienaar, McGeady

AM - Barkley, Osman

ST - Lukaku, Naismith, Kone, *Loan*

Haven't forgotten anyone have I? Everyone agree with that?

Edited by Geth