IGNORED

Everton to get first option on Araz Abdullayev

Abdullayev Passes Everton medical

By Ryan Grant • Jul 1st, 2010 • Category: News |

Araz Abdullayev, who scored a wonder goal against Scotland U21’s for Azerbaijan, appears to have passed a medical and could become an Everton player soon.

For some unknown reason that game was actually on in my local, and I remember commenting to one of my associates about how that strike was indeed one you would usually associate with phrases like "top drawer", "take a bow, son" and "shit, did you see that...?"

Make up your own mind, second Azerbaijani goal, bout 40secs in

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdullayev Passes Everton medical

By Ryan Grant • Jul 1st, 2010 • Category: News |

Araz Abdullayev, who scored a wonder goal against Scotland U21’s for Azerbaijan, appears to have passed a medical and could become an Everton player soon.

For some unknown reason that game was actually on in my local, and I remember commenting to one of my associates about how that strike was indeed one you would usually associate with phrases like "top drawer", "take a bow, son" and "shit, did you see that...?"

Make up your own mind, second Azerbaijani goal, bout 40secs in

Already posted mate

weird one don't you think? what are they waiting for, with this first option? To see if the work permit goes through or are they doing it because hes not to the right standard yet to make an impact in the reserves??

Okay, he's not playing for a giant of a footballing nation, but given that he has already played at international level I would assume he is probably good enough to make the reserves.

I would think it's more likely to be a work permit issue.

Edited by iggy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Its been on Wiki for 3 months.

Araz Abdullayev (born 18 April 1992) is an Azerbaijani international footballer who plays for Everton as a midfielder.

Born in Baku, Abdullayev played for Neftchi Baku's youth team from January 2007 to December 2008. He made his first team debut on 5 October 2008.[1]

Everton

English Premier League club Everton agreed a deal on 4 July 2010 that gave them first option to sign Abdullayev over the next two years if a work permit could be attained.[2] In September 21, it was announced that he will start on an initial three-year contract, with the option for two more seasons, when the transfer window opens in January 2011.

Signed..

http://www.news.az/a...es/sports/29415

"I am very glad to be transferred to such a famous club," Abdullayev told the press conference.

"I would like to thank the president of Neftchi for his support and Everton for their interest in me. Now I'm studying English hard, taking courses so that I can find a common language with my team-mates and in everyday life."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/01/07/abdullayev-deal-latest

Lol Evertond are denying it again on the official site now

"Reports in Azerbaijan suggested the 18-year-old Azerbaijani would join in February but this is not the case.Instead he will head to Merseyside later in 2011 to train at Finch Farm, but will be unable to join permanently until such time that he acquires a work permit."

Although the bit about the work permit seems to suggest they might be trying to sign him

No different to Anderson da Silva. He didn't have a work permit and he signed.

Funny how the Azerbaijani press say he has signed and will spend the rest of the season on loan at his current club, the player himself has said he has signed but Everton are back-tracking because he hasn't had a work permit granted (and likely won't imo - doesn't meet the criteria as he has not played enough international games).