IGNORED

Everton to get first option on Araz Abdullayev

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's 17 and in their U-21 side, so I imagine he's being brought in for the reserve squad initially.

Anyway, according the ever reliable Wikipedia he's actually under contract with Rubin Kazan in the Russian league. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araz_Abdullayev)

If this is a real bid, I'd bet well less than 1 million and since he's European no work permit issues. My guess is it's a minor gamble.

This is probably a signing coming straight from the Football Management scouting partnership that we're using? His name got banded around and some scouts were probably sent then, but it shows we're still buying youth and trying to earth another gem, which is always good to see :)

However, do we really need another player whos kit name would cost people in excess of £30?? haha.

edit: Video below, he scores the 2nd Az goal, 3rd of the game; wears the umber 7. Quality goal tho!!

Edited by tenaciousj

Well he's 17 and in their U-21 side, so I imagine he's being brought in for the reserve squad initially.

Anyway, according the ever reliable Wikipedia he's actually under contract with Rubin Kazan in the Russian league. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araz_Abdullayev)

If this is a real bid, I'd bet well less than 1 million and since he's European no work permit issues. My guess is it's a minor gamble.

He's not European, he's Azerbaijani :P

Only EEA (The European Union + Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) member states allow free movement of goods and labour (and capital and services)

My mistake, I didn't look it up and thought Azerbaijan was a part of Europe.

you would think so, considering theyre eligable for Euro2012!!!

GROUP A: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Austria, Turkey, Germany

I forgot about these 2 famous European countries :P

My mistake, I didn't look it up and thought Azerbaijan was a part of Europe.

Well, geographically they are part of Europe. ("Europe's limits to the far east are usually taken to be the Urals, the Ural River, and the Caspian Sea; to the southeast, the Caucasus Mountains, the Black Sea and the waterways connecting the Black Sea to the Mediterranean Sea.").

you would think so, considering theyre eligable for Euro2012!!!

GROUP A: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Austria, Turkey, Germany

I forgot about these 2 famous European countries :P

Not only that, they're also competing in the EUROvision song contest :).

• 3 months later...

We are, and it's proving we haven't got a pot to piss in unfortunately!

With you on that one but if that's the case then getting the youngsters in is a good way to go. It looks obvious that Moyes just wants to keep the squad together, keep all the big names and make the squad bigger. If we have to lose one of our better players then Moyes will be given the money to spend on a worthwhile replacement, i hope!

Done deal apparently :mellow: .

Футбол

Эвертон подписал первичный контракт с Нефтчи

24 мая 2010 19:50

Президент азербайджанского футбольного клуба «Нефтчи» Садых Садыхов заявил, что его клуб в процессе выбора новых игроков, сообщает azerisport.com.

«Почти месяц наши представители находятся в Бразилии, - сказал он сайту клуба. – Мы выбираем новичков для команды на позиции защиты, полузащиты и нападении. 20-го июня коллектив приступит к подготовке нового сезона. Верю, что станем чемпионами».

При этом Садыхов отметил, что клуб подписал первичное соглашение с «Эвертеном» о переходе Араза Абдуллаева в ливерпульскую дружину.

Done deal apparently :mellow: .

Футбол

Эвертон подписал первичный контракт с Нефтчи

24 мая 2010 19:50

Президент азербайджанского футбольного клуба «Нефтчи» Садых Садыхов заявил, что его клуб в процессе выбора новых игроков, сообщает azerisport.com.

«Почти месяц наши представители находятся в Бразилии, - сказал он сайту клуба. – Мы выбираем новичков для команды на позиции защиты, полузащиты и нападении. 20-го июня коллектив приступит к подготовке нового сезона. Верю, что станем чемпионами».

При этом Садыхов отметил, что клуб подписал первичное соглашение с «Эвертеном» о переходе Араза Абдуллаева в ливерпульскую дружину.

Thats a really interesting read there Mike, especially the bit about Archimedes on the wing and Heracles in goal. :lol::lol:

perhaps because your english is equivalent to that of a 13 year old. however, before you get offended, if you're scottish then it is totally understanable and you can disregard my previous comment

Another "coffee spray" quote! :lol: