IGNORED

Who Will Get 4th!

I don't want to drag out a massive discussion just get a feel for who people think will realistically get 4th.

Spurs are strong and looked good for it and would be my choice.

RS are to in and out and I think they could end up in their lowest position for a few years.

AVilla are too very in and out and Could have a winless run in.

Man C Capable of winning every game but I think in reality will finish in the top 7.

everton I have written off 4th although I think if RS and Villa and the rubbish run in I predict we could get top 6

Very tight between Spurs and City...wouldn't like to say.

Liverpool would need to have a huge turnaround in their form to challenge, and with Gerrard playing as shite as he is currently I don't see it happening (though I wouldn't put it past them :angry: ).

between city and spurs for me also...both have some tough games...spurs still have the top 3 to play and city have the top 2...a derby for each team in there so you never know what can happen and also have to play each other in the second to last game..personally i think it will come down to who wins that

Edited by marcopaulo

Liverpool will put in twenty diferent protests if they don't get 4th,such as it was the refs fault, Gillette and Hicks fault, Rafa has been dealt unfairly fault and even Gerrard suffered a loss of form while he sweated on the outcome of a) clearly elbowing a player in the head and B) clearly putting two fingers up to the ref. They will have a large petition going in the Echo, demanding their right to be a part of the 'Sky 4', march from the City Centre to anfield complete with their effigy of the'Rafatolla' (I kid you not), placards and badges proclaiming 'Justice for US for 4th' whilst chanting Scandinavian/ Norse mythology songs in Oirish accents. The FA will uphold all of their appeals and promote Liverpool to 4th, no matter where they finish, deduct Everton, Spurs, Villa and Man City 40 points each then automatically relegate them so that they can have their cherished 4th spot guaranteed for the near future. Bitter, me.....never.

P.S.City to pip Spurs by a point for 4th :D

I think Spurs will do it, City have a kinda pressure that they really need to get 4th and it will blow up in their faces.

Would be brilliant for Everton to finish the season in style and Villa and liverpool crap out and we finish above them.

Problem is if we finish above liverpool, that's one more reason for them to get rid of rafa....and we don't wont that do we!

Perfect world is finish above them, and then they can't afford to get rid of him :)

Liverpool will put in twenty diferent protests if they don't get 4th,such as it was the refs fault, Gillette and Hicks fault, Rafa has been dealt unfairly fault and even Gerrard suffered a loss of form while he sweated on the outcome of a) clearly elbowing a player in the head and B) clearly putting two fingers up to the ref. They will have a large petition going in the Echo, demanding their right to be a part of the 'Sky 4', march from the City Centre to anfield complete with their effigy of the'Rafatolla' (I kid you not), placards and badges proclaiming 'Justice for US for 4th' whilst chanting Scandinavian/ Norse mythology songs in Oirish accents. The FA will uphold all of their appeals and promote Liverpool to 4th, no matter where they finish, deduct Everton, Spurs, Villa and Man City 40 points each then automatically relegate them so that they can have their cherished 4th spot guaranteed for the near future. Bitter, me.....never.

P.S.City to pip Spurs by a point for 4th :D

cried with laughter :lol::lol::lol:

It had occurred to me to do a post along those lines but I'd not have done it as well as that :D .

New to the forum but here's some food for thought. If we win all of our remainig matches with only city and villa being the major hurdels. and LIVERPOOL draw against the ever impresive sunderland and loose to chelsea, and ASTON VILLA loose aginst us and chelsea and draw against city, and CITY loose aginst Us, Untd and Arsnel and draw aginst villa and spurs, and SPURS loose aginst arsnel, chelsea and untd and draw aginast City The table woul look like this 4/5 Villa & Everton 69pts 6 Spurs 68pts 7/8 City & liverpool 67pts

Edited by Andy Campbell

As a City fan, I agree with this poster....lol.

New to the forum but here's some food for thought. If we win all of our remainig matches with only city and villa being the major hurdels. and LIVERPOOL draw against the ever impresive sunderland and loose to chelsea, and ASTON VILLA loose aginst us and chelsea and draw against city, and CITY loose aginst Us, Untd and Arsnel and draw aginst villa and spurs, and SPURS loose aginst arsnel, chelsea and untd and draw aginast City The table woul look like this 4/5 Villa & Everton 69pts 6 Spurs 68pts 7/8 City & liverpool 67pts

not likely but still possible..if we can pull off 2 big performances against city and villa then who knows?? still got blackburn away though and they are a very tough side at home...i do realistically expect us to win all of our home games though

wrong! im ashamed at your lack of faith! Shouldnt be moved until its technically not possible!

agreed

The original post wrote off our chances so from that point it's not about us :) .

Anyone believing we can finish fourth is welcome to make their case ;) .

And that's a lot of if's and and's Andy....but I like your optimism (went to school with a guy called Andy Campbell...became a pro speedway rider.....that's completely irrelevant because he wasn't an Evertonian :P ).

doesn't mean he is right though? question is who do you think will finish 4th and he's opinion is that we won't...i don't think we will either but it is still possible so you can't judge where threads should be based on opinions surely? :blink: not that it really matters that much i'm just bein picky cos the city fans have me wound up now :lol::lol:

Spurs fan here...

I'm not too confident seeing as we have the most difficult stretch of fixtures from here on out as opposed to the likes of man city, liverpool and villa and our current injury fiasco. Lennon and Huddlestone should be back in a few weeks which will be big.

However if we win the games we should and pick up some points from Arsenal and Chelsea we should take 4th.

Do us a favor and beat City tomorrow? :D

Spurs fan here...

I'm not too confident seeing as we have the most difficult stretch of fixtures from here on out as opposed to the likes of man city, liverpool and villa and our current injury fiasco. Lennon and Huddlestone should be back in a few weeks which will be big.

However if we win the games we should and pick up some points from Arsenal and Chelsea we should take 4th.

Do us a favor and beat City tomorrow? :D

Sure we will do you a favour..........just make sure you return it by not letting, the rs, City or Villa get 4th place.......oh and by the way, don't get too comfortable in 4th, because that's the lowest Everton will finish next season! ;)

I say Everton will get forth :angry:

seconded! we have the easiest run in on paper, we're not out of it yet even if it is a long shot, we are still capable of getting 4th, depending on those if's and but's mentioned above. Like i said before, we shouldnt be discounted until its not possible. Villa last season collapsed (drew and lost most of their final games), the Kopites will hopefully continue on this wonderfully self-destructive pattern theyre in. If we beat Citeh tonight, thats 3 points closer to them and then we have to hope Spurs fall apart. Yes lots of ifs and buts, the biggest but of all is that IT IS STILL POSSIBLE!!!

Edited by galacticaracnid

seconded! we have the easiest run in on paper, we're not out of it yet even if it is a long shot, we are still capable of getting 4th, depending on those if's and but's mentioned above. Like i said before, we shouldnt be discounted until its not possible. Villa last season collapsed (drew and lost most of their final games), the Kopites will hopefully continue on this wonderfully self-destructive pattern theyre in. If we beat Citeh tonight, thats 3 points closer to them and then we have to hope Spurs fall apart. Yes lots of ifs and buts, the biggest but of all is that IT IS STILL POSSIBLE!!!

Stick £40 on it here Spidey http://www.sportingbet.com/t/mini/betSlipMini.aspx?affiliate=ia_com&pname=a_11849b_991c_3528 and that's your honeymoon paid for :P .

ex-bookie Mike, i know better than to try to beat the house!

When you moving this topic back to its rightful place? :P

After consultation with the powers that be the decision is to leave it here...if we win our next four or five then maybe we'll reconsider :) .

If we win our last eight games and nick it I'll be as pissed off as when I considered having a bet on Jenson Button to be world champ last year when he was without a team and at about 250-1 :( .