IGNORED

Gosling

to be honest im not a bit concerned about gosling, if im being honest i didnt think he was that good at all, the club should have gone about the matter better and im sure there will be no more gentlemans aggreement in future because it could have quite easily happend to one of our better players,( well lets hope they have learned) hes gone now to play in his favoured position we will see how good he is , he has been ill advised by another greedy agent (ex shitehead from across the park too)the only downside to it all is we could have had some kind of a fee

any way the positon we had him playing on the left coleman could do it far better at the back or going forward

Yeah Gosling and his agent have acted like cunts but why, WHY didn't we think to protect our own backs but getting the formal written contratc to him?! 'Gentleman's agreement?' - well sorry, bollox, football isn't a gentleman's sport these days, we might as Moyes always says like to conduct ourselves with a bit of dignity and class that others in the game lack, but when £4 million is at stake, you don't do things on a hyandshake, it makes us look amateurish and quite frankly ridiculous

Yeah i agree with some of that but we are too quick these days to say football has gone mad and why can't we go back to the old days? and where has the loyalty and trust gone? Maybe i'm an old romantic but it feels quite nice that we still stick to or at least try to go by those principles. Have we learnt our lesson? hopefully so and thank our lucky stars it never happened with Rodders

Phil Neville being very charitable (headline reads that he "vents his fury," more quality journalism :rolleyes: )...

“I was disappointed because Dan was a great kid. The manager had given him a platform to progress as a footballer. I’ll always like Dan but I don’t like the situation that occurred. It’s disappointing that he cannot fulfil his potential and that he felt he needed to go elsewhere.”

“Heads get turned, they get influenced by other people.”

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/neville-vents-his-fury-at-dan-gosling-transfer-14895642.html#ixzz0vT7XmOCa

Guest Blue4You

I'm probably a little more forgiving than the general consensus. Gosling is very young, and very impressionable, and I'd like to think he has taken the wrong advice, be it from his agent, or anyone else.

We don't really know what goes on in these circumstances, but as fans, we traditionally tend to stick by the club, which is normal I guess.

Time will tell if things work out for him. Had he stayed, I'm not sure how many opportunities he would have been given, but he is only 20, and his time may have come as he gained valuable experience.

Patience isn't really the strong point of young men, and they would be easy to manipulate from an agents point of view. As for who's fault it is, we'll never have all the facts, but I think it's clear that the same thing won't happen again.

Gosling is a big loss to our club in my opinion, in that he is reasonably versatile, and very young, and he has lots of time on his side in which to become the footballer he hopes to be. It's easy to side against him, but he has to do what is best for himself, even if that means taking a gamble like he has done.

I'm just disappointed he has left under these circumstances.

As Kenwright might say .......... "the show must go on".

Edited by Blue4You

Guest Blue4You

do whats best for him as in leave a club where he would get enough chance to progress under a manager that has a reputation for giving kids chances and go to a footballers graveyard? greed mate pure and simple that is that

Any idea what Newcastle are paying him in relation to what he earned here and what was offered in the handshake?

Guest Blue4You

it'll be more..plus a signing on fee..we don't pay high wages and newcastle do

It would be interesting to know the figures. It would probably be favourable to Gosling with Newcastle saving on a transfer fee. What interests me most is the sum his agent may command from the deal.

agents are all pricks i wish the game didn't have them..they're leeches but i dont believe much in the crap about them turning players heads..they will say stuff about moving so they get their chunk of the signing on fee but at the end of it they're adults and know what they are doing and can make their own minds up

Everton's fault 100%. We should've bound him by writing, Gosling can't be blamed, he wasn't bound by contract, he got an offer that will give him more money (Maybe) and definitely more playing time. I wish him the best of luck.

Yeah we didn't put it in writing, because he said he would stay. If we knew he wanted to leave then we could have written something and at least received some money from a transfer. Not Everton's fault at al. His. Fuck him I can't wait till he rushes back from injury.

Guest Blue4You

Yeah we didn't put it in writing, because he said he would stay. If we knew he wanted to leave then we could have written something and at least received some money from a transfer. Not Everton's fault at al. His. Fuck him I can't wait till he rushes back from injury.

Has Gosling made a statement regarding the move away?

• 3 years later...

Dan Gosling has admitted a Football Association misconduct charge in relation to "multiple breaches" of betting rules:

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Dan-Gosling-admits-FA-betting-charge/story-20788879-detail/story.html

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ex-everton-fc-star-dan-gosling-6794684?

Edited by efc1111

Nice to see his career blossoming since he walked out on us. Seems to have worked out really well for him!

Funny you click on that link to the Echo and it's a pic of Baines and him. What different paths. If Gosling had any sense of professional pride he will know deep down he completely screwed his career when he walked.

• 5 years later...
4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a frightening image. 

He's looking (physically) more like a player than he ever did with us and he's made a decent living out of very limited ability so good luck to him (and he did give us "that" moment). But I agree, scary.