IGNORED

Sydney Fc (away)

FairWooney

Impressed with new boy Guaye, good on the ball, played it round well and is strong.

I definately see him getting plenty of games this season, hopefully a few friendly's will help him a long and with Saha, Fellaini and Arteta able to help him along with his English he should be confident going into the season.

Arteta looking fit and confident in the middle, Osman did a good job a bit more defensive today and Saha looked very sharp when he came on.

Great performance for the most part. Little sloppy at times but in the end i'm satisfied with the result and the overall performance.

Really impressed with Guaye. And all the first team regulars were solid considering it was the very first game.

Hope Silva plays in the next match coming on as a sub and Beckford is fit to start.

Edited by Bulletproof Tiger

Finally got to see the Everton lads in the flesh for the first time tonight! Overall was a pretty sloppy performance at times, although I thought we were the better side on the night and deserved the victory.

Ratings (always wanted to do one of these B) ) :

Turner - 6.5 - Made some good stops but apart from that didn't have much to do.

Hibbert - 7 - Got forward at times and made some good tackles.

Jagielka - 7 - Solid at the back, few slipups but otherwise a decent performance.

Distin - 6.5 - He did alright, made some defensive errors though.

Baines - 7 - Quality going forward, defensively was OK.

Bilyaletdinov - 6 - Got pushed off the ball too easily at times, subbed for Baxter.

Osman - 6 - Wasn't bad but wasn't great either, provided some decent balls but gave some away as well.

Arteta - 7 - Great first half, second half became almost anonymous as soon as he lost the captains armband to on the oncoming Cahill.

Rodwell - 7 - Didn't do too badly, led the midfield well at times. Subbed at halftime for Gueye.

Vaughan - 5 - Ran like a headless chook and got nothing from it, can't see him staying at Everton much longer. Subbed at halftime for Cahill.

Anichebe - 8 - My MOTM. Looked dangerous going forward, and was constantly troubling the defenders, very solid performance as well as providing the winning goal. Subbed late off for Saha.

Subs:

Cahill - 6 - Good to see the big man playing here. Had some good runs on the ball, but seemed to be playing deeper which wasn't as effective.

Gueye - 6.5 - Not a bad debut, seems like a decent skillful player, although time will tell.

Baxter - 5.5 - Tried hard but just wasn't effective at all in attack.

Saha - 6 - Had some alright runs going forward but didn't have enough time to get into the game.

This was my first live, in the flesh game, I've watched. It was great to finally see the Blues playing, and I look forward to the other two games, in Melbourne and Brisbane.

Gueye was impressive in his first match. Looking forward to see what else he can offer in the future games. I also look forward to seeing back Beckford can do for the blues.

COYB!