IGNORED

Huddersfield (Home)

dark

Put in a solid defensive performance perhaps

Don't buy this at all. Bainsey is suspect defensively regularly but Pienaar covers for him. Seamus would be fine if Fellaini played RCM.

Hibbo and Neville are beaten or out of position once it twice a game. It happens. If nobody made mistakes then nobody would ever score a goal. I'd much rather have a balanced team with a potent right side and an outlet for Bilyaletdinov than play Hibbo/Neville.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? ashley young? i must be the only person who thinks he actually isn't that good

He's a shit house but he has lot of pace and hits on the counter. An attacking fullback will struggle against someone with that pace.

You say he isn't very good. Have you seen what he has done to us in the past? Watch that 3-2 win to Villa again from two years back and tell me that he isn't someone we should be worried about.

one game man...john stead won two games himself for seperate teams against us..he has pace yes but so does seamus and would actually be able to catch young whereas hibbert and neville wouldn't..he scored 2 goals from mistakes if im right that game? at least 1 he was put clean through and me mam could have scored it..i just don't buy into his hype he has pace but he is a cheat and has a major attitude and he believes in his own hype too

I was using that as an example. He is still a good player and has obviously had more good games than that one. He's pretty much the only Villa player to have performed this year as well.

Coleman, due to his attacking nature, could be a liability against a fast counter attacking winger. His defensive side isn't up to scratch yet and we shouldn't just throw him in because he's impressed against a half strength league one team.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven because we had options down both sides of the pitch! Fuck. Me. We started off on fire and deservedly got ourselves 2 up but then we did our usual trick of taking our foot off the gas and sitting on a lead, and once again it cost us. It took us til the second half to get back on it again but once we did there was no stopping us tbh, we looked every inch the Premier League side, and that was without most of our star names. This game, I hope, has given Moyes the push to actually use the good squad we've got, rather than just sticking with the more established names even when they're underperforming.

Fellaini dominated the midfield from start to finish, he was just awesome and I was very close to giving him my MOTM vote, but I gave it to Coleman for the pure excitement he gave me every time he touched the ball. He did look a little suspect defensively at times but he's only going to get better defensively by playing, he has to learn first-hand, not just in training. Where Fellaini bossed the mifield, Distin bossed the defence for us. I thought he played really well and I found myself not being so worried whenever the ball went near him. A little mention for Bily too; he's been getting some stick for his performances (rightly so) but I thought he played really well when he came on last night.

Hibbert coming on at LB has convinced me he is Moyes' lovechild :P.

Mucha - Made a couple of decent saves.

Coleman - Took his time getting into the game but his attacking play was a breath of fresh air and had me on the edge of my seat. He wasn't terrible defensively but he wasn't great either. That will come though, IMO. My MOTM.

Heitinga - Played some quality crossfield balls and was generally solid. Shame about the penalty miss but he won't need Beckford or Moyes being pissed at him for it because he'll be feeling it even more at himself.

Distin - A quality performance from Distin last night. Defended very, very well and his marauding runs were brilliant. He put a great cross in in the first half too.

Baines - I don't think he put in a memorable performance but he was decent. I don't remember him doing all that much in the first half but the second half he was much more involved.

Pienaar - I thought he blew hot and cold in this game and struggled to keep pace with the game.

Osman - Absolutely dire in the first half. Time and time again he was sloppy with the ball and gave it away. The second half he was much better and held on to the ball and used it well. A good header for his goal as well.

Fellaini - Big Mo was back to how he was playing before his injury last season. It was a pleasure to watch him last night. He broke up play effortlessly and used the ball intelligently. He took his goal brilliantly too. I hope to see him pissing all over the Villa midfield at the weekend.

Gueye - Started off brilliantly and his cross for Fellaini's goal was an absolute peach. Then Huddersfield realised that he was a big threat and kicked him out of the game tbh. Then in the second half he just looked totally fatigued.

Rodwell - A great game from Rodwell. He was always up in support of Beckford and was always composed on the ball and used it well. His goal oozed class as well. It's going to be hard to justify leaving him on the bench.

Beckford - Even when we were ontop at the beginning of the game I thought he struggled to make any sort of impression on the game, and then he had no chance whatsoever when the team took their foot off the gas. The second half was better from him though and he had good movement and held the ball up well on many occasions. He took his penalty very well and I'm glad he's off the mark because that should give him plenty of confidence.

he impressed against tottenham defensively too against bale who is very pacey and krancjar who is no duck egg..i know what you're saying but in them games it was neville or hibbert that got turned inside out..i just believe in throwin them in at the deep end that's all and i really don't like ashley young or rate him that highly..i'd use the fact he never plays for england as an example for that but capello is backwards so that wouldn't say much :lol:

Don't buy this at all. Bainsey is suspect defensively regularly but Pienaar covers for him. Seamus would be fine if Fellaini played RCM.

Hibbo and Neville are beaten or out of position once it twice a game. It happens. If nobody made mistakes then nobody would ever score a goal. I'd much rather have a balanced team with a potent right side and an outlet for Bilyaletdinov than play Hibbo/Neville.

Really dont understand why you dont buy it, all you have to do is watch him play

Leighton Baines is light years ahead of him defesively and there is absolutely no comparison. Dont get me wrong I think Coleman is going to be a top player but at the moment the defensive side of his game isnt quite up to scratch.

As has been said he is only going to improve that side of his game by getting minutes on the pitch, but he isnt ready to be our first choice RB just yet and moving Felli to accomodate him would be madness

I think the Coleman selection is a toughie. He certainly needs games as he does need to improve defensively but then again both Neville and Hibbert also need to improve defensively. For me it comes down to whether we want to score goals or to not concede them. If we want to win games by scoring one more than the opposition, Coleman should play. He may make a mistake but he has the capacity to make up for it offensively. If we go out not looking to concede one of the other should play but if they make a mistake, its unlikely they will be able to make up for it properly.

IMO he should have started against Wolves, and while Hibbert played well, Coleman has much more to his game in an attacking sense and we should have ripped through them. Villa are a better team and I wouldnt have a problem with Hibbert starting, but if we are losing after 50-60mins we should look at giving Coleman a run out.

With regards to the game, I liked the balance or Rodwell and Fellaini together and I would be very interested to see them both alongside Atreta. I also thought Billy and Coleman worked very well together down the right, which is interesting should Coleman get the nod.

Edited by Bailey

I really hope Gueye is in the staring XI. And I won't be surprised if we're back here after the match talking about his good form.

BETTER see Coleman. Count him among the good form talk with Gueye. Pairing him up with Bily could be the spark that Bily needs.

Listen. I don't like to say "I told ya so" but...wait...yes I do!

:D

Certainly a good win for our boys in blue. Lets hope we can carry some momentum into the coming weeks.