IGNORED

Huddersfield (Home)

dark

We need to be patient with him. Spurs have been very patient with Bale and IMO they are very similar players.

Not really. They were on the verge of loaning him out and injury meant he was therir last option. He came in and starred and then they did something really radical; they kept playing him ;). Spurs got lucky.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Gueye is in the staring XI. And I won't be surprised if we're back here after the match talking about his good form.

I don't think Heitinga starts this match, just a feeling. BETTER see Coleman. Count him among the good form talk with Gueye. Pairing him up with Bily could be the spark that Bily needs. Although, I'd really like to see Coleman/Gueye and Bainesy/Peanuts.

Not really. They were on the verge of loaning him out and injury meant he was therir last option. He came in and starred and then they did something really radical; they kept playing him ;). Spurs got lucky.

Well we loaned out Coleman last term. I don't think that even if they loaned him out they would have sold him. Still stands though that a bit of patience will be needed. I think after having poeple like Rooney and Rodwell break through we all expect youth players to be a relevation and start every game.

Time is what Coleman needs, but starting a carling cup fixture like this is a MUST<

I really hope Gueye is in the staring XI. And I won't be surprised if we're back here after the match talking about his good form.

I don't think Heitinga starts this match, just a feeling. BETTER see Coleman. Count him among the good form talk with Gueye. Pairing him up with Bily could be the spark that Bily needs. Although, I'd really like to see Coleman/Gueye and Bainesy/Peanuts.

That's what i've thought. Having Bily on the right with Coleman bombing down the wings could work well. Coleman can add the movement that Bily sometimes lacks. However we could leave ourselves very exposed down the flank. It's a tricky one. But luck favours the brave

We only need 3 players from the 1st eleven to play.

............. MUCHA ...............

COLEMAN .. YOBO .. HEITINGA .. BAINES

BILY .. FELLAINI .. RODWELL .. GUEYE

........ BECKFORD .. SILVA ........

As far as i'm concerned this is bily's last chance, if he cant play against a lower league club he should be fooked off. £10 million pounds wasted.

Dont want to play Pienaar or Arteta in case of injury. This team should be good enough to take care of these. A comfortable 3-0.

Brilliant shout Bill agree with the team, and the reasons why the two shouldnt play. I also agree this is Bily's opportunity to prove himself again,stand out as the creative force we know he can be! I don't know if Silva will start, but would like to see him!!

Its our best chance of a trophy after all

In what Universe :o ?

We've never won the bloody thing and we probably never will...the league cup (Milk, Littlewoods, Rumbelows, Coca-Cola, Worthington, Carling) just isn't in the Everton DNA.

Every year for the last forty-five I've thought we had a decent chance of winning it. I give up...it'll never happen :( .

To say Billy is on his last chance is a bit of a step too far IMO.

And your entitled to that opinion Jamie, but for me a seasoned international who has been here for 12 months needs to show me more.

I've been more impressed with Gueye and he's only been here for a matter weeks, and thats my opinion. ;)

We've never won the bloody thing and we probably never will...the league cup (Milk, Littlewoods, Rumbelows, Coca-Cola, Worthington, Carling) just isn't in the Everton DNA.

Every year for the last forty-five I've thought we had a decent chance of winning it. I give up...it'll never happen :( .

theres a first time for everything Mike!

As for Bily, yes he has been with us for 12 months and in those 12months scored as many as Pienaar, not bad considering he had been playing for 16months straight or something similar by the end of the season and who does next to nothing on the pitch.

Right here on planet earth!

Its a no brainer really. We are in 3 competitions, the league which we have absolutely no chance of winning in the forseeable future, The FA Cup where most teams go all out to win and the Carling Cup that many top flight sides disregard and so send out weakened sides.

I know which of the three seems easier to win to me

Right here on planet earth!

Its a no brainer really. We are in 3 competitions, the league which we have absolutely no chance of winning in the forseeable future, The FA Cup where most teams go all out to win and the Carling Cup that many top flight sides disregard and so send out weakened sides.

I know which of the three seems easier to win to me

Perfectly true.

I'm just trying a bit of reverse psychology on karma ;) . If I say I've given up then it might just happen. Don't tell anyone :unsure: .

Gueye, Mucha & Coleman all start! Ossie captain :D . Love it!

"Two summer arrivals are given their competitive debut for Everton as David Moyes makes six changes from the side that faced Wolves.

Jan Mucha and Magaye Gueye start in the Carling Cup second round clash with Huddersfield at Goodison Park.

The duo both figured for the reserves in the 1-1 draw at Chelsea on Monday night and take the place of Tim Howard and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov for the encounter with the League One outfit.

The other changes from the side that started against Wolves see Maroune Fellaini, Seamus Coleman and Jack Rodwell step into the side in place of Tony Hibbert, Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill and Phil Jagielka.

The players who step down are all counted amongst the substitutes as the Everton boss names a strong squad, with Louis Saha completing the list of players on the bench.

Heitinga is expected to drop back into defence in place of Jagielka, allowing Fellaini to move into the central midfield berth.

With Arteta on the bench and Phil Neville sidelined through injury, Leon Osman is handed the captain's amrband."