IGNORED

Huddersfield (Home)

dark

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect Mucha, Coleman, Yobo, Felli, Guaye, Beckford/Yakubu to start. I also think Vic (if fit) should be out there with JV at least on the bench.

We seriously need to give these boys a bit of a tonking, scoring at least a couple and not conceding.

My team would be:

...........Mucha

Coleman-Heits-Yobo-Baines

...........Felli

......Rodwell-Osman

Vic....................Guaye

...........Yak

Bench

Howard, Garbutt, Jags, Arteta, Baxter, Becks, Saha

IMO this should give us a decent blend of fresh legs (who might actually want to win a game), youth and some players who need games. If were cruising we can bleed in some of the youngsters, if were doing shit we can chuck on Becks or Arteta to give us a lift.

EDIT: Id also be tempted to chuck Duffy on the bench instead of Jags/Garbutt if he's fit enough!

Edited by Bailey

as much as i would love to see that squad, its the 1st team that should be playing so we can hopefully destroy them and keep a clean sheet. Theyre the ones who need the confidence. If we had won at the weekend i wouldve been happy to see the kids but i just want to see a resounding victory and a clean sheet.

as much as i would love to see that squad, its the 1st team that should be playing so we can hopefully destroy them and keep a clean sheet. Theyre the ones who need the confidence. If we had won at the weekend i wouldve been happy to see the kids but i just want to see a resounding victory and a clean sheet.

I agree with that, I think we'll see a pretty strong team out. I would like to see some of the younger and newer boys get a run out, especially Gueye, who I thought looked really good in pre-season - along with Coleman. However, If we go out of the Carling Cup at the first hurdle, then it'll officially be another disastrous start to a season.

Huddersfield, won't be push-overs either, and we can't underestimate them. Too many times over recent years have we come up against supposedly weaker opposition in the cups and been dumped out. I think it'll be a close, scrappy game, and am going for a 1-0 win to the home side.

^Agreed, if we were to lose then it's going to be on hell of a hill to climb. But we've had slow starts before, so hopefully this game can get us back on track. Even though the side Moyes puts out will be a strong one I still expect Mucha to start over Howard.

I think Howard kept his place in the past, in Carling Cup, I think Nash only got a game against the BeloRussians in the Europa League because we where already through. However with Mucha being a seasoned international, this may persuade Moyes to give him a game. I can't see many changes, unless as some have said, we are comfortably winning. Maybe Coleman, Yobo and Gueye getting run outs.

Mucha, Gueye, Silva and Vaughan all played for the reserves in London today.

Be surprised if they're playing on Wednesday.

A bit surprised Mucha and Gueye were playing but clearly Moyes wants to play most of his first team on Wednesday.

I think the only changes will be Coleman and Rodwell to come into the side.

Mucha, Gueye, Silva and Vaughan all played for the reserves in London today.

Be surprised if they're playing on Wednesday.

A bit surprised Mucha and Gueye were playing but clearly Moyes wants to play most of his first team on Wednesday.

I think the only changes will be Coleman and Rodwell to come into the side.

I dont think its a problem for Mucha, in fact as a keeper myself Id prefer to play everyday to keep myself sharp so I dont see a problem there. I also believe Gueye came off after the hour which to me is an indication that he will play a part on weds, otherwise he would have stayed on. I wouldnt expect the other two to play a part though...

We only need 3 players from the 1st eleven to play.

............. MUCHA ...............

COLEMAN .. YOBO .. HEITINGA .. BAINES

BILY .. FELLAINI .. RODWELL .. GUEYE

........ BECKFORD .. SILVA ........

As far as i'm concerned this is bily's last chance, if he cant play against a lower league club he should be fooked off. £10 million pounds wasted.

Dont want to play Pienaar or Arteta in case of injury. This team should be good enough to take care of these. A comfortable 3-0.

Yobo in squad, Yak is out with a knock and Neville will be given late lest tomorrow.

From OS.

I hope he doesn't play Neville if he comes through the test. There's no point playing a half fit player when we don't need to; we've got Hibbert and Coleman (perfect opportunity to play him IMO) who can play.

I hope he doesn't play Neville if he comes through the test. There's no point playing a half fit player when we don't need to; we've got Hibbert and Coleman (perfect opportunity to play him IMO) who can play.

Agreed. This is a game screaming out for Coleman. However if he does well against Huddersfield then people will go mental over him again and scream for him to start against all Premier League opponents.

We need to be patient with him. Spurs have been very patient with Bale and IMO they are very similar players.