• Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Magaye Gueye
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Louis Saha
    • Tony Hibbert

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 26

Distin 11

Fellaini 6

Arteta 4

Hibbert 4

Jagielka 4

Pienaar 4

Neville 2

Rodwell 2

Cahill 2

Beckford 1

Heitinga 1

Howard 1

MOTM winners....

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Who else would I vote for? :lol:

Need to wait for the reports/highlights etc before making a decision but just watching the last ten or so minutes on the Veetle link posted late Seamus did some lovely stuff. Couple of runs wide and a cracking shot....the boy has so much potential....and so much pace!

What a prospect!

There was only one player in it, and it wasnt Seamus Coleman!

I voted for Felli, comfortably the best player on the pitch, Distin deserves a mention as well

Listening to Radio City on the way home though I just know everybody is going to jump on the Coleman bandwagon. I thought he had a decent game but I dont think he answered any questions tonight. Everybody knows how good he is going forward but I thought that he looked a little suspect at the back tonight. One or two stray passes played us straight into danger and he got caught out at the back post a couple of times.

Great prospect though and Im sure the defensive side of his game will come on nicely, but until then mabe he could slot in at right midfield?

Lol Love his new nickname though (http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/08/25/flying-duo-hailed)

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I listened to it last night and have watched it this morning on EFC TV, it was a good performance and several stood out for me, Rodwell, Fellaini, Distin, Coleman, and Osman all had good games, but lets not get too excited it was only Huddersfield.

I cant remember ever leaving Pienaar out of the top five performers before but i think his head is not with it, Moyes should leave him out until he sorts himself one way or the other.

A nice little cameo from Maggie Gueye who had a decent game and might become Pienaars replacement next season.

On to the MOTM .. I've probably been one of his biggest critics in the past but i will always give credit where its due. He strolled about last night full of confidence, didnt have to break sweat because his skill shone through, and he looked so comfortable.

For me he was the best player on the pitch ... MOTM Fellaini.

Voted for Felli as he performed consistantly throughout the 90 minutes. Coleman was fantastic going forward in the second half and you could tell that people would jump on the band-wagon. The second half he was brilliant, but first half he was just mediocre and was caught out at the back a couple of times.

Distin was very solid as well. Becks played well in second half and linked up well with Saha.

But Felli MOTM.

I totally agree with Bill regarding Fellaini's performance and I totally agree with Duncan regarding Coleman. Granted he is a tremendous prospect but his defensive qualitites is what a right back is all about. If you are good attacking wise then that should be considered a bonus. His defensive frailties are what is keeping from being the regular right back and at the moment they are there to see. Only when that is sorted will he oust Neville and Hibbert from that position.