IGNORED

Injuries

The only way I can see Vic influencing his continued inclusion is that in training he must be a beast...

I have heard that Saha has referred to him being unplayable when he is on his game, that for me can only be in training. I heard the same thing about Lucas at Liverpool.

Unfortunately turning it on against your teammates as opposed to rival teams isn't the answer. If moyes plays fellaini up front I will be further of the opinion that his tactics rather than being questionable, are just plain daft. It will highlight further that he is a great organiser and book balancer as opposed to a tactician - which for me is 70% of the job.

http://www.skysports...6396597,00.html

Louis Sicknote Saha is out for another 3 weeks and Big Vic is out for 6 weeks :-(

Can things get any worse?

Laughing that this was posted a year ago, at roughly the same time. rolleyes.gif

Groundhog day visits EFC?

As for the papers article, I'm sure Moyes won't be overly concerned, though Vic has been scoring lately.

Laughing that this was posted a year ago, at roughly the same time. rolleyes.gif

Groundhog day visits EFC?

As for the papers article, I'm sure Moyes won't be overly concerned, though Vic has been scoring lately.

when and where? The Sheff Utd goal doesnt count, he didnt do anything, wouldve been much harder to miss

Edited by Matt

vic scores and it's lucky..cos he didn't change the angle of his foot or move his leg or anythin to put it in..he was stationary and everythin..he scores and gets called lucky..he doesn't score and gets called shit..

Marco, did you see the goal? Did you see his 1 on 1 at the end of the game without a man around where he took 10 seconds to sort his feet out and was tackled? He gets called shit because he is shit and Im calling him lucky because he was lucky.

His goal in the US was well taken, but bar those 2 goals hes done nothing and offered nothing.

Marco, did you see the goal? Did you see his 1 on 1 at the end of the game without a man around where he took 10 seconds to sort his feet out and was tackled? He gets called shit because he is shit and Im calling him lucky because he was lucky.

His goal in the US was well taken, but bar those 2 goals hes done nothing and offered nothing.

im not sayin he is great..im not sayin that 1v1 wasnt a fuck up..im sayin he didn't just get hit by the ball for that goal..he clearly motioned it towards the net..also he had to be there..people were lickin beckfords ring cos he got in the right place at the right time and fucked it up mostly..vic gets there..puts it in..and gets called lucky

• 7 months later...

So, Baines could miss the rest of the season with a hamstring tear. Fantastic.

I'd instantly recall Garbutt and start him until the end of the season, see if he's got what it takes to be back-up to Baines.

I realise I'm dreaming and Moyes is much more likely to play Neville there, or move Distin over to LB and get his beloved Jagielka back in the starting 11.

So, Baines could miss the rest of the season with a hamstring tear. Fantastic.

I'd instantly recall Garbutt and start him until the end of the season, see if he's got what it takes to be back-up to Baines.

I realise I'm dreaming and Moyes is much more likely to play Neville there, or move Distin over to LB and get his beloved Jagielka back in the starting 11.

Not good news about Baines but it is the only realistic option at this stage of the season to move Distin or Neville to left back.

Garbutt has had a really good season in League 2 and it will have done wonders for his game and confidence. I think it would be a mistake to recall him and throw him in against Man Utd with a team of people he's never trained or played with. Same for Bidwell.

Hopefully one or both of them can make some progress in the 1st team next season.

this is the perfect time to play someone like garbutt or bidwell...as romey said we need to see if they have what it takes and if so it ticks off a box of a player we need to get in the summer...our season is pretty much over bar league places and utd game is pretty much a write off with mr negative at the helm so why not

I guess I'm more worried about the effect it would have on a young lad's confidence if he got destroyed at Man Utd in front of 76000, rather than whether we win our remaining games. We can see what he's got after a good pre-season and training with the 1st team.

Guest blueboy122

were going to be playing 13 men (ref + Youngs shadow which you cant run through for fear of tripping him), weve nothing to lose apart from the lads confidence. But, its not going to happen, back 4 will be :

Hibbo Jags Johnny Neville

I would have to agree with you as what your saying is right however I would love to have a look at the youngsters such as Garbutt, Vellios, Barkley etc.

season over?

Am i missing something? i thought seventh which is a real possibility could actually grab us a spot in Europe?

I know its down to circumstnaces but i really thought it was still open.

I would love to take a look at Garbutt and co but no way would i risk oblitterating thier confidence by giving them a hammering at united.

No nothing to gain other than make a few fans happy, lots to lose.

Guest blueboy122

season over?

Am i missing something? i thought seventh which is a real possibility could actually grab us a spot in Europe?

I know its down to circumstnaces but i really thought it was still open.

I would love to take a look at Garbutt and co but no way would i risk oblitterating thier confidence by giving them a hammering at united.

No nothing to gain other than make a few fans happy, lots to lose.

I thought there was no way we could get europe now, well only 6th but thats very unlikely!

we can't get into europe unless we finish 6th which isn't gonna happen...

it was explained in one of the other threads that 7th will not get us european football

Simply put...

For seventh to get a place Liverpool would need to finish in the top six....so for us to get a place from 7th us and Liverpool would both need to overtake Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle. Not going to happen.

People need to stop worrying about these lads confidence. If they are good enough they will stand up and be counted. Might not be foot perfect but they will get over it. If they arent good enough & get the floor wiped with them and end up a mess then they will never make it as a top flight pro.

As an example Chris Smalling made his first league start against Chelsea (the year they won the league). They lost 2-1 but if I remember rightly he played really well but scored an OG. He got over it and look where he is now.

Similarly you could look at Coleman, had a shocker when played out of position against Benfica but he got over it pretty soon and did pretty well that season.

These lads have been playing competitive football all their life and would have had shockers way before now. If they werent mentally strong enough to get over it by now, then they would have never made it this far in the first place.

Not saying there arent great examples where young kids have held up.

But for every one that handled it there is also one bright prospect that didn't and dissapeared.

Thats has nothing to do with how good they are and as a club that cant afford to just buy another one, we have a responsibility to look after them correctly.

I coach under 16 lads myself and have to follow strict guidlines. I can see the difficulties that young people face when it comes to pressure and confidence.

It's not always about the club but also a young persons future. Some of these kids are exstremely gifted and have worked very hard for thier oppurtunity, our manager has a responsibility to make sure they get the chance they deserve.

We sometimes forget how fragile mental strenght can be, while also forgetting that depression is an illness and not something that you can just " give yourself a kick up the butt and get over it " ....thats a comment i used to use before it happened to someone very close and i learnt more about it.

I have seen way too many promising young people be destroyed by confidence.

On the other note though.

Damn i am absolutely distraught! i really thought 7th could give us a place.