IGNORED

Birmingham Away

duncanmckenzieismagic

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a solid defensive unit unbeaten at home for over a year and we cant score for toffee (excuse the pun) so I think this has 0-0 written all over it

Like galactic has said we dont seem to read the script, we had never got a single point at Fulham til we beat them the season before last, there hadnt been a draw between the clubs in the prem since it was formed til we did it last week, records are there to be broken.

So with that in mind i think we can keep a second clean sheet, and we could also sneak a goal from a set piece (Cahill or Fellaini), therefore i'm going for a 1-0 win. :)

They are a solid defensive unit unbeaten at home for over a year and we cant score for toffee (excuse the pun) so I think this has 0-0 written all over it

And for most of that they had a certain Joe Hart in goal for them!

We are well overdue our first win and I fancy us to take this.

To paraphrase an often heard cry from the stands........................ :COYBs[1]: come on Blues........... these are shite! :COYBs[1]:

Edited by iggy

And for most of that they had a certain Joe Hart in goal for them!

We are well overdue our first win and I fancy us to take this.

To paraphrase an often heard cry from the stands........................ :COYBs[1]: come on Blues........... these are shite! :COYBs[1]:

Haha funny but so so true!!

Yeah we will beat these. Should have last season, with ease in fact, but we let them back in it with a shit goal... Are defence will be solid and if yak starts he will be on target (Again like last season) 2-0 blues

Cum on blues ... these are shiteeee!!

Funny...I was going to post along the same lines as Bill.

Have a feeling we're going to take this one.

Our previous worst start (2005/6....three points from eight games and the Bucharest humiliation) was broken by putting an end to Chelski's 100% start (I watched it in a bar on Zakynthos B) ).

Runs/records there to be broken and Birmingham are nothing special while we, potentially, are.

Birmingham obviously play well at home, and, well, we haven't been playing well anywhere.

BUT. Gardner (leading goal scorer) is out thanks to his studs up RC, Hleb is massively underwhelming, and aside from Jerome's goal last week, their other goals have been from defenders.

Okay. Okay. We're not scoring period. But if this is the week to put it together, I think the chances of them putting up more than one are slim to none. If we can get two in the net, I think we win this.

I'm going 2 - 0 to the good guys.

Lawrenson....

Birmingham v Everton

I think I'm right in saying this weekend marks a year since Birmingham were last beaten at home in the league, which is a tremendous achievement.

So they'll lose this one.

It's just the way football is. Everton, rock bottom of the league, will go there and win. It's just one of those ironies in football.

I've seen Everton a few times this season and they have actually played well at times and dominated in matches without getting the right result. That will change this weekend.

Prediction: 0-2

BBC facts and figures....

Head-to-head

• Everton have traditionally enjoyed the upper-hand in this fixture, with 58 league wins, to Birmingham's 24.

• Alex McLeish and David Moyes have clashed as managers on three previous occasions, all of which have ended in draws.

• Birmingham's only victory over Everton in 12 Premier League meetings was a 3-0 home win in February 2004.

Birmingham

• Birmingham's last defeat at St Andrew's was over a calendar year ago, a 2-1 defeat by Bolton on 26 September 2009. Since then they have won eight and drawn 10 of 18 Premier League games.

• The Blues have drawn two of their three home games 0-0 this season.

• Alex McLeish's side have won just two of their 16 Premier League matches. That run started with a home draw against Everton.

• Cameron Jerome has been caught offside 11 times this season, a Premier League high along with Dimitar Berbatov.

Everton

• Everton are the only Premier League side not to have scored an away league goal this season.

• Despite their slow start to the new campaign the Toffees have not lost by more than one goal in a league-high 30 matches.

• Tim Cahill is one short of 100 English league goals.

• If selected, Mikel Arteta will join Cesc Fabregas, Pepe Reina and Ivan Campo by becoming the fourth Spaniard to play in 150 Premier League matches.

Guest blueboy122

Howard

Neville Jags Heitinga Baines

Felliani

Arteta

Pienaar

Coleman

Cahill

Yak

I would really like to see Billy play behind yak and see how he gets on there.

Pienaar is out :(. Shorty on NSNO said so and he's pretty much 100% when it comes to the team. Fuck. I fear not having Pienaar is going to bring out Moyes' cautiosness in full measure. Osman's a doubt and if Cahill's out too (he's a doubt as well) it's going to be a hellish match to watch. I'm almost tempted not to watch it because it'll be hoofball from the off. With no Pienaar Arteta has really got to step up and actually play a game of football.

This is my guess for the team -

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Coleman Neville Arteta Bily/Osman (if he's fit)

Fellaini

Yakubu

I'll be pissed as fuck to see Fellaini high up the pitch :angry:.

This is my guess for the team -

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Coleman Neville Arteta Bily/Osman (if he's fit)

Fellaini

Yakubu

I'll be pissed as fuck to see Fellaini high up the pitch :angry:.

I'd be tempted to play Maggie on the left and move Bily/Osman to the right, with Coleman in his normal full back position. But it wont happen. :D

This was a tough game before, but this news has made it even tougher.

Might have a rethink on the Anusol. ;)

moyes has said he hopes coleman experience in midfield will help him develop(posted a link in the coleman thread) so hopefully he will get more game time there carryin on with another appearance there today! if cahill is out i want bily behind the striker with felli in front of the defence arteta inbetween them two and coleman on the right with maybe gueye on the left(worth a chance?)

howard

neville jags distin baines

felli

coleman arteta gueye

bily

yak

Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Yak.

Subs: Mucha, Gueya, Heitinga, Barkley, Hibbert, Bilyaletdinov, Beckford.

Thought Ossie was injured? Anyway, of course you put the proven non-winger on the wing instead of the russian international left winger....

Edited by galacticaracnid