IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I'll be fast asleep when it happens but please please please let Johanna Konta beat Serena in Melbourne tonight, waking up to that would make my day. Think the winner of this game will win the title, Konta's rise has been astonishing over the last year or so, take the next step Jo!

With you 100%. I can't stand Serena Williams but I'd just love for Konta to do it.

I'll be fast asleep when it happens but please please please let Johanna Konta beat Serena in Melbourne tonight, waking up to that would make my day. Think the winner of this game will win the title, Konta's rise has been astonishing over the last year or so, take the next step Jo!

Destroyed.

I expected her to put up more of a fight at least.

Forever a businesswoman....

Lady Brady Retweeted Stephen Lehan-Port

Morning, bring back your Payet shirt to any of the club shops & you will get a new replacement for £25, full details on WHU web site today.

So you still have to pay £25 to replace the shirt ahahaha....

Forever a businesswoman....

45]

Lady BradyVerified account@karren_brady

Follow

Hootlet

They've just moved the every end of season sale forward with just the Payet shirts. ?

More

Lady Brady Retweeted Stephen Lehan-Port

Morning, bring back your Payet shirt to any of the club shops & you will get a new replacement for £25, full details on WHU web site today.

So you still have to pay £25 to replace the shirt ahahaha....

it gets better the cheap bastards

An interesting update on Dimitri Payet's sale to Marseille.

Sky sources understand West Ham forced him to pay back his January salary before they let him move.

Payet is paid £125,000 a week and West Ham’s stance cost him £500,000.

Last year, Payet signed a five-year contract worth £125,000 a week and he was also given a £1m loyalty bonus in September.

Sky sources understand West Ham forced him to pay back his January salary before they let him move.

Last year, Payet signed a five-year contract worth £125,000 a week and he was also given a £1m loyalty bonus in September.

I agree with them on that part

That's not then being cheap. The prick went on strike ffs!

As much as I dislike West Ham they have done the right thing in requesting the money back from Payet, however the shirt thing is a joke, paying £25 to replace a shirt (which as this point of the season are usually reduced in price now anyway) is a great business move but also fleecing the fans. Horrible tinpot club.

I wouldn't mind it for "injuries", might prevent people going down so easily if they know their team will be down a man for 2mins or so.

I agree with one of the people in the comments section..

"It will work, as long as they look at what constitutes a yellow as well.
Make diving into the crowd, shirt removal, mistimed tackle or other 'soft' yellows a final verbal warning, and keep the yellow for time wasting, diving, cynical fouls and other things that should be stamped out.
Once managers catch on that they will be down to 10 more often than not, the players will soon get the message."

Just digressing. The law change I would like to see is 'no subs, for any reason, in last 15 minutes of a game'. The last 15 minutes of most games is just endless substitutions.

not even for a serious injury?

Why do they have to keep changing the rules? just keep it the way it is, don't be adding in any stupid shite, don't be changing the offside rule for the millionth time. Hired decent refs or train/ retrain them to a decent level and the game will become even better.

not even for a serious injury?

Why do they have to keep changing the rules? just keep it the way it is, don't be adding in any stupid shite, don't be changing the offside rule for the millionth time. Hired decent refs or train/ retrain them to a decent level and the game will become even better.

this for me, love the game the way it is.