IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Good grief Andy Murray two sets up, 5-0 up in the third and loses the set 5-7? Madness. Off for rain while they close the roof, a sneaky tenner on Basilashvili half an hour ago would seem to have been a wise investment, odds must've been astronomical.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Good grief Andy Murray two sets up, 5-0 up in the third and loses the set 5-7? Madness. Off for rain while they close the roof, a sneaky tenner on Basilashvili half an hour ago would seem to have been a wise investment, odds must've been astronomical.

His decision-making went to absolute shit and it just kept snowballing.

If not for this break I think Basilashvili would’ve steamrolled the other two sets. Hopefully the break will have helped Murray refocus because until then he was in complete control and looking good. 

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His decision-making went to absolute shit and it just kept snowballing.

If not for this break I think Basilashvili would’ve steamrolled the other two sets. Hopefully the break will have helped Murray refocus because until then he was in complete control and looking good. 

It's now become a question of which of the two can play less worse than the other, dreadful quality.

Nice story unfolding at Wimbledon; Emma Raducanu, eighteen year old from London who's never won a single match at the top level and has earned around £30,000 in her career so far, ranked in the high three hundreds but got a wild card entry. Won her third round match today so guaranteed minimum £181,000 prize money, and she seems like a really nice kid. Her life is about to change big time.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nice story unfolding at Wimbledon; Emma Raducanu, eighteen year old from London who's never won a single match at the top level and has earned around £30,000 in her career so far, ranked in the high three hundreds but got a wild card entry. Won her third round match today so guaranteed minimum £181,000 prize money, and she seems like a really nice kid. Her life is about to change big time.

I’d never heard of her before this tournament but she is highly thought of by the LTA it seems and it looks to be well-founded as well. Hopefully she’s not another hype job like Heather Watson and actually does well. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I watched her last 3 games my missus is a tennis 🎾 nut, this girl has power for someone so slight she has little fear and goes for the winners and big shots and so far it’s paying off. 

Just now, Palfy said:

I watched her last 3 games my missus is a tennis 🎾 nut, this girl has power for someone so slight she has little fear and goes for the winners and big shots and so far it’s paying off. 

Wife loved the tennis, she'd have loved it, was a decent player herself in her youth.

On 03/07/2021 at 16:48, MikeO said:

She’s holding her own again. 

mourinho at the roma unveiling.  he brings up a good point.  

"I won three trophies at Manchester United and that was seen as a disaster," Mourinho said. "I reached a cup final which I was not allowed to play at Tottenham, and that was seen as a disaster.

"What's a disaster for me is considered a great success for others."

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

mourinho at the roma unveiling.  he brings up a good point.  

"I won three trophies at Manchester United and that was seen as a disaster," Mourinho said. "I reached a cup final which I was not allowed to play at Tottenham, and that was seen as a disaster.

"What's a disaster for me is considered a great success for others."

Community shield shouldn't count, it's a glorified one off pre-season friendly that he only got to play in because Van Gaal won the FA Cup the previous season, so not sure how he can take much credit.

Then in his first season he won the Europa League (second tier) and EFL Cup (second tier) and finished 6th in the league, for sure that would be a great season for us but for Manchester United? Acceptable, I don't think you'd find a single United fan who would say it was a great one.

Next season win nothing, finish second in the league but nineteen points behind City, not much bunting around OT for that.

Final season doesn't get close to winning anything and drops to 6th in the league again.

For any Manchester United fan, for a club of their size, his reign was a disaster. No question.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Have to love the insight/quality of BBC joiurnalism (as ever)..

"Sancho was driven into United's Carrington training complex on Tuesday and was later pictured leaving."

I didn't think they were allowed to leave?! :o