IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Quoting this from the article raises a few questions:

Some other proposals included in the SPL's strategic plan include:

•The national team's Fifa ranking to improve from 66th to 15th within five years

•The SPL's coefficient ranking to improve from 16th to 10th in five years

•Broadcasting revenues to increase by 50% in five years

•The Scottish Football Association to make payments to clubs when players are on international duty

Point one, how can they do that unless they play better? It is not up to them what position they hold.

Point two as for point one.

Point Three. How will they squeeze extra money out of broadcasters. People like Sky will only pay so much and terrestrial tv won't match Sky.

Point Four. Thats a good idea and I think it is right too.

So, the Scottish league is on it's arse and can't attract money so they want to ride on the coat tails of successful English clubs in the hope of getting more TV money.

Fuck them, they're shite, let them stay shite until they sort themselves out.

So, the Scottish league is on it's arse and can't attract money so they want to ride on the coat tails of successful English clubs in the hope of getting more TV money.

Fuck them, they're shite, let them stay shite until they sort themselves out.

this

pathetic 2 team dominated league

Why would it bring an extra European place? We get a set amount of European places based on England's FIFA ranking and then it's up to the FA to decide how those European places are awarded, i.e. league placings and cup wins.

I did say IF Mark. I wasnt going into the mechanics of it, that would be up to the FA to delegate.

But there is no IF, Matt, if there was a European place for winning that hand me out cup then it'd be at the expense of say the FA Cup place, or for finishing 5th yada yada.

Or from the SPL? Or maybe a restructuring to introduce an extra round opening extra competition places to some of the poorer countries?

Or from the SPL? Or maybe a restructuring to introduce an extra round opening extra competition places to some of the poorer countries?

The SPL already get less European places than we do, they're not going to give up one of those places. Because, let's be honest, a Scottish side would rarely win the competition.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-Are-You-Fat-TalkSPORT/dp/0857200925/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303283782&sr=1-1

Looks quite funny that:

When hefty Zimbabwean chicken farmer Eddo Brandes kept on playing and missing to an increasingly frustrated Glenn McGrath, the Australian had had enough and decided a bit of verbals were called for: 'Oi, Brandes, why the hell are you so fat?' Quick as a flash, the answer came back: 'Because every time I shag your missus, she gives me a biscuit.'