IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Oooooh shnap! What the hell, was anything say afterward? Like to the steward who caused it? The lad who went flying into the wire must have been pretty bad, what's his situation with injury?

The guy who flew into the barbwire fence was injured pretty bad but he finised the stage nonetheless. I don't know what's going to happen to the driver though. Some commentators are calling for him to prosecuted for attempted murder :).

The one who broke his pelvis is called Vinokourov, he fell earlier in the stage, during a descent.

Edited by holystove

That's pretty nasty :o .

Amazing this is that he (Johnny Hoogerland) finished the stage and took the lead in the King of the Mountains!

(I know that the Belgian wing of TT already know that :P )

Thing I find strange is that whenever there's a nasty crash (of which there have been many this year..Wiggins :crying: ) the first people on the scene are the photographers, jumping off their motor bikes to take graphic pics while the rider's are squirming in pain. No words of comfort, just a lense in the face.

Finally, someone in the premier league has woken up with half a bloody brain cell!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14166038.stm

Premier League have dropped the 'weakened team' ruling, which allows managers to field ANY team they want from their 25man squad. Not sure why this hasn't been done before, surely that's the basis of football management? Being able to pick from YOUR team!?

Completely agree, i wouldn't be surprised if they tried an appeal now to reclaim some of the fine. At the end of the day its a squad and the manager should be allowed to do as he pleases with the players he's got. Tactically its up to him if he loses but saves better players for games deemed more important.

War generals did the same, they have their army and it was used in a way which would sacrifice many in a few battles to win the wars. Same in football, its not a sprint, its a marathon and if losing a few games against the bigger teams to win those relegation scraps to stay in the league, then se be it!