IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Rooney's dad arrested...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-15196761

Sounds like an open and shut case to me....does jnr not give him enough money to struggle by?

Looks open and shut also...Steve Jennings swearing at the ref but the ref doesn't hear so he taps him on the shoulder to make absolutely sure he gets sent offlaugh.png .

http://news.bbc.co.u...nd/15202095.stm

Looks open and shut also...Steve Jennings swearing at the ref but the ref doesn't hear so he taps him on the shoulder to make absolutely sure he gets sent offlaugh.png .

http://news.bbc.co.u...nd/15202095.stm

What an absolute weapon. I don't think he could hav made it anymore obvious that he wanted to be sent off. He should have just been a little late twice, or tackled from behind?

Jamie Carragher on the England set-up...

"For me, you shouldn't have a foreign member of staff,"

"The best doctor in the country should be the England doctor, the best bus driver and so on."

So the best doctor in the country should be taken off heart transplant duty at Alder Hey to tend to Wayne's metatarsal eh Jamie?

And the search is on for England's finest bus driver....I can see a prime time ITV Saturday evening slot for thatrolleyes.gif .

What a twat.

2 years already....

What I dont understand from that is, well.... why not just stop being a footballer?! If you dont want all the pressures that were mentioned there, take the money youve earned and do something you love instead of letting it overwhelm you. As for the changing of clubs (the unknown), pressure of being picked by a manager etc, everyone has these pressures.

This might come across as cold and I dont mean it to, but suicide always angers me.

Also, this bit :

"The image of the footballer in England is just terrible at the moment," he says. "They are just seen like prats, like young people misbehaving."

Thats because they are.....

Edited by Matt

This might come across as cold and I dont mean it to, but suicide always angers me.

Understand your point. I've lost two friends through Suicide, so I too get angry. But at the same time, he probably loved his job as a footballer but couldn't accept that hards times that accompanied his dream.

Anybody know why Wayne Rooney is such a dick? Why does he always kick out or dive in when he gets frustrated? Is he becoming to much of a liability for England. Could you trust him in a semi final if it was a tight frustrating game.

Edited by mogsy

Did you hear about South Africa? They thought they had qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations and were celebrating for 15 minutes before realising they didn't qualify.

The South African FA have written to CAF to have the rules changed after the event, so that they would finish top of the group.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/967602/south-africa-to-appeal-over-african-nations-cup-failure?cc=5739

Did you hear about South Africa? They thought they had qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations and were celebrating for 15 minutes before realising they didn't qualify.

The South African FA have written to CAF to have the rules changed after the event, so that they would finish top of the group.

Heard that on the radio yesterdayhuh.png .

Things get better and better for Pienaarrofl.gif .

Although reading the regulations I think they've got a point....could, maybe even should, win the appeal...they did win the group and that's the first criteria for qualification.

Qualification Criteria (Orange CAN 2012)

The following teams will qualify for the final phase of the 2012 ACN:

- The team finishing first in each group.

- The team finishing second from the Group K (where there five (5) teams)

- The two best teams finishing second from ten other groups. (excluding Group K)

The two best second placed teams from groups 1- 10 will be determine by

considering their results with the teams in first and the third positions in their

respective groups AND not considering their results with the (4th) last placed teams

in their groups in order to permit Group F (Burkina Faso, The Gambia and Namibia)

to stay in the competition for the two best second teams.

In the case where Group k is reduced to four teams in the course of the competition,

only the first team of the group will automatically qualify for the ACN. The second

team will have to run for the three best second teams of the group.

They've got no chance Mike, the bits you're quoting aren't the relevant points.

http://www.cafonline...2%20English.pdf

In case of equality of points between two or more teams, after all the group matches, the ranking of the teams shall be established according to the following criteria:

14.1 Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the concerned

teams;

14.2. Best goal difference in the matches between the concerned teams;

14.3. Greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the

concerned teams;

14.4. Greater number of away goals scored in the direct matches between the

concerned teams;

14.5. Goal difference in all the group matches;

14.6. Greatest number of goals scored in all the group matches;

14.7. A drawing of lots by the Organising Committee of CAF.

Clear as day.

South Africa even finished second in their group because of those rules in 2008.

The problem is, in 2012 CAF used FIFA World Cup qualifiers to determine who could qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations and FIFA use different criteria to establish group leaders.

Rooney banned for opening 3 games it seems. Just watched the red card, another moment of madness from him! To his credit though he didnt snap even when the opposition where up in his face. Oh, and the player he kicked also made the most of it (from the replays ive seen at least!)

"Second of three installments" from Las Vegas by Dan Wheldon, Brit Indycar driver....

http://www.usatoday....egas/50786654/1

There'll be no third sadly as he was killed in a crash on lap twelve.

Very sad.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TVu7iTf59SQ

i was watching this as it happened, i dropped a cuppa on the floor and just froze locked on to the tv not beliving what i was seeing, in all the time i have watched motorsport i have never seen anything like that, it was just horrible, i hope never to have to sit through that again, i am honest enough to admit that i shed a tear last night as i watched that :(