IGNORED

Nani Goal

Just watched the discussion on MOTD. Bizarre but once Clattenburg waves play on, as in "I know it was a hand-ball but the keeper's got the ball so no need for a free-kick" then the game's on again. My coach told me when I was eight to "play to the whistle," Gomes should have done the same :) .

The thing that was really annoying was the ref telling the Spurs players to piss off while he spoke to the assistant but letting Ferdinand mouth off for the duration....even after the goal was given he was having a go at the linesman.

Total farce.

In the papers today, Clattenbeg has been pilloried.

Gomes should have played to the whistle, Nani should have been done for handball.

I am really glad it wasn't us involved in that one.

It never would have happened if it'd have been us because Clattenburg wouldn't have been the ref, he hasn't reffed us since that derby :P.

The ref had no need to blow for a foul cos he saw Gomez had the ball in his hands so he played the advantage rule.

The whistle was never blown so it was Gomes that boobed by releasing his grip on the ball and rolling it on the floor, Nani was wide awake to the situation and took advantage.

TBH I saw nothing wrong with the goal. :)

The ref had no need to blow for a foul cos he saw Gomez had the ball in his hands so he played the advantage rule.

The whistle was never blown so it was Gomes that boobed by releasing his grip on the ball and rolling it on the floor, Nani was wide awake to the situation and took advantage.

Spot on... If it was anyones fault it was the linesman.

While I quite agree with that Bill, it wasn't cleat at the time if Clattenburg actaully seen any offence. If he never, then the linesman should have indicated this when they had their conflab and the decision for handball could have been given as the first offence. Maybe that would have been the diplomatic way of sorting it out BUT then again it was Prattenburg.