IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

not sure if you follow the news but immigrants aren't very popular right now (even though we are a nation of immigrants) thanks to donald the racist trump. might want to wait till this blows over before heading over.

The likelihood of me getting it is very remote..if I do then I will look into that..I don't bother with the news really I'm pretty ignorant

The likelihood of me getting it is very remote..if I do then I will look into that..I don't bother with the news really I'm pretty ignorant

You wouldn't have to worry.

Trump won't get elected, and the immigrants he's talking about are of a different variety. :happy:

It's typical ideology for Republican politics -- no different than before other than Trump is just more brash about it.

You wouldn't have to worry.

Trump won't get elected, and the immigrants he's talking about are of a different variety. :happy:

It's typical ideology for Republican politics -- no different than before other than Trump is just more brash about it.

i really hope you're right, he wasn't supposed to even win a primary let alone the nomination and did though too. i'm scared to be completely honest. almost wish it was rigged and hillary won, at least i wouldn't have to fear it turning into the 4th reich.

i really hope you're right, he wasn't supposed to even win a primary let alone the nomination and did though too. i'm scared to be completely honest. almost wish it was rigged and hillary won, at least i wouldn't have to fear it turning into the 4th reich.

His numbers have dropped quite a bit since the DNC. You can only say so many stupid things and get away with it -- his time is about up.

And now he's probably lost the black community

They're only 20 percent of the population and they don't vote (mass generalization alert). They helped Obama win because they came out the woodwork to vote for him but they will go back to not voting much in this election.

Same could be said about the Latino vote, if they actually all got out and voted this thing would be a massive landslide, but they don't and likely won't.

It's all about old white people. Nothing to do and Fox News scare tactics are on the tv all day long, they vote as if their life depended on it.

I think they key demographic for this election is women, I think they might go strong for Hillary and first woman president and help her like the blacks helped Obama.

They're only 20 percent of the population and they don't vote (mass generalization alert). They helped Obama win because they came out the woodwork to vote for him but they will go back to not voting much in this election.

Same could be said about the Latino vote, if they actually all got out and voted this thing would be a massive landslide, but they don't and likely won't.

It's all about old white people. Nothing to do and Fox News scare tactics are on the tv all day long, they vote as if their life depended on it.

I think they key demographic for this election is women, I think they might go strong for Hillary and first woman president and help her like the blacks helped Obama.

Usually. But, they've been abused and insulted by the fucker, I'm sure they'll get out in numbers just to stop him

The combined minority vote doesn't look high at face value -- maybe 25-30% of the total vote -- but it still makes a big difference.

Trump is going to get steamrolled at the debates. He'll probably try to bring up Hillary's past but will fail to coherently answer questions about actual policy. That's why Republicans are terrified. The party has been struggling for years and now Trump is making them look completely foolish. People like Trump because of how bad the Republican party already is, and I think this election will be a wake-up call for the party.

I'm not saying the democrats don't have their flaws, but republicans are viewed as outdated and out-of-touch, at least in my experience. Both parties need revamping though. Also, we need more than just the two party system.

Usually. But, they've been abused and insulted by the fucker, I'm sure they'll get out in numbers just to stop him

i really hope so, but historically they vote even less than black folks. they just don't really get involved in politics very much, i hope it changes this election but i don't think it will.

The combined minority vote doesn't look high at face value -- maybe 25-30% of the total vote -- but it still makes a big difference.

Trump is going to get steamrolled at the debates. He'll probably try to bring up Hillary's past but will fail to coherently answer questions about actual policy. That's why Republicans are terrified. The party has been struggling for years and now Trump is making them look completely foolish. People like Trump because of how bad the Republican party already is, and I think this election will be a wake-up call for the party.

I'm not saying the democrats don't have their flaws, but republicans are viewed as outdated and out-of-touch, at least in my experience. Both parties need revamping though. Also, we need more than just the two party system.

spot on and i agree. if hillary wins and gets both terms, it could possibly be the end of the republican party as the youth in this country are far more liberal than conservative.

i really hope so, but historically they vote even less than black folks. they just don't really get involved in politics very much, i hope it changes this election but i don't think it will.

spot on and i agree. if hillary wins and gets both terms, it could possibly be the end of the republican party as the youth in this country are far more liberal than conservative.

But the youth will get older and more cynical, it might strengthen the conservatives if the democrats fuck up their terms.

But the youth will get older and more cynical, it might strengthen the conservatives if the democrats fuck up their terms.

Exactly. I was a dedicated democrat at the start of Obama's term, but now I feel pretty "blah" about them. Obama wasn't the worst president we've ever had, but he hasn't been as transparent as he initially promised.

I'd like to see Gary Johnson (Libertarian party) debate against these two. He doesn't have a shot, but I'm more just curious as to how well he'd do.

Exactly. I was a dedicated democrat at the start of Obama's term, but now I feel pretty "blah" about them. Obama wasn't the worst president we've ever had, but he hasn't been as transparent as he initially promised.

I'd like to see Gary Johnson (Libertarian party) debate against these two. He doesn't have a shot, but I'm more just curious as to how well he'd do.

i agree with both of you but when it comes down to it, you have basically the party of racists and the rich versus the middle class/less-rich and inclusive. i just don't see how anyone could be attracted to the current republican party with their rhetoric. i could see a lot of independents (like what you're saying joe) who might vote for a libertarian, green party, or real liberal if the dems allow it. but i just don't see people wanting us to go back to the victorian era in regards to social policy.

i agree with both of you but when it comes down to it, you have basically the party of racists and the rich versus the middle class/less-rich and inclusive. i just don't see how anyone could be attracted to the current republican party with their rhetoric. i could see a lot of independents (like what you're saying joe) who might vote for a libertarian, green party, or real liberal if the dems allow it. but i just don't see people wanting us to go back to the victorian era in regards to social policy.

If Clinton gets 2 terms, thats going to be 16 years of Democratic (ironic when you consider the candidate) rule which, if it doesn't improve on Obama's baseline, will face a backlash from people who want a change and they will go with whoever is not Democrat to do it.

If Clinton gets 2 terms, thats going to be 16 years of Democratic (ironic when you consider the candidate) rule which, if it doesn't improve on Obama's baseline, will face a backlash from people who want a change and they will go with whoever is not Democrat to do it.

that's not really how it works over here. once a president is elected like obama it usally goes to a repub next.

bush sr. repub

clinton dem

bush repub

obama dem

when it goes to the same party in a row, that means the other option (repub this time) is that bad that they don't want a change. 16 years of one party ruling would put such a dent into republicans they might never recover. not to mention the issues we mentioned above, if minorities actual went out and voted some political scholars have said the country would never go repub again, heck even texas would go democrat (tons of latinos there).

that's not really how it works over here. once a president is elected like obama it usally goes to a repub next.

bush sr. repub

clinton dem

bush repub

obama dem

when it goes to the same party in a row, that means the other option (repub this time) is that bad that they don't want a change. 16 years of one party ruling would put such a dent into republicans they might never recover. not to mention the issues we mentioned above, if minorities actual went out and voted some political scholars have said the country would never go repub again, heck even texas would go democrat (tons of latinos there).

Recent history is irrelevant here though - this time its (hopefully) going to be back to back democrats, at least for 1 term but thats already 12 years and HC is going to piss of a looooot of people in that time...

The republican party doesn't have the greatest reputation right now, and Trump really is the embodiment of a stereotypical, worst-case scenario Republican (racist, rich, lack of empathy, ignorant). A "new era" candidate will emerge in the next few years who has a more modernist view on social policy but is still fiscally conservative. That is what Republicans need now. Most Republican candidates that harp on outdated social issues know they have no chance to overturn what they're against (abortion, gay marriage in some states, etc.) -- they're just trying to appeal to the ideals of their outdate followers. It's all about winning votes, but the group of folks who are anti-[social issue] is becoming increasingly smaller. Give it a few more years.

I agree. A couple of bad Clinton terms will do terrible damage to the party. They're not quite as ready to implode as the Republican party is, but they're not that far off either.

Even though I'm not looking forward to either of these two being president, I'm excited that more American people are beginning to call bullshit.

Edited by TonkaRoost

The republican party doesn't have the greatest reputation right now, and Trump really is the embodiment of a stereotypical, worst-case scenario Republican (racist, rich, lack of empathy, ignorant). A "new era" candidate will emerge in the next few years who has a more modernist view on social policy but is still fiscally conservative. That is what Republicans need now. Most Republican candidates that harp on outdated social issues know they have no chance to overturn what they're against (abortion, gay marriage in some states, etc.) -- they're just trying to appeal to the ideals of their outdate followers. It's all about winning votes, but the group of folks who are anti-[social issue] is becoming increasingly smaller. Give it a few more years.

I agree. A couple of bad Clinton terms will do terrible damage to the party. They're not quite as ready to implode as the Republican party is, but they're not that far off either.

Even though I'm not looking forward to either of these two being president, I'm excited that more American people are beginning to call bullshit.

good post tonks.

Draw up to a roundabout behind a woman driver. There is a car on the horizon at the right, we can both continue -no problem. She starts to go and I follow. Then she decides she should wait and hammers her brakes on. I avoid ending up on her back seat by about 2 inches.

Good job my reflexes are still fairly good.