IGNORED

Eric Dier

Brilliant, another signing who won't improve us now but who we might be able to sell on for a tidy profit in the future when we need to sign some shite on loan.

or could potentially improve us but wont get a game as Moyes doesnt believe in playing youth....

works fine for me....

Everton Poised To Land Dier

Written by Tubey on Tue 18th January 11, 15:56

Everton are on the verge of signing Sporting Lisbon starlet Eric Dier.

The highly rated 17-year-old is an Englishman who has spent his entire footballing development in Portugal, and has developed a burgeoning reputation as one of the top English prospects of recent years.

Featured in a high profile Umbro campaign for the "Next Generation" of England stars last year, Dier was expected to stay in Portugal and continue his footballing education before securing a move to a high-profile club in the future.

However, David Moyes has apparently acted quickly and looks to secure the youngster on a long-term deal in the hope he fulfils his potential at Goodison Park.

Dier is a boyhood Manchester United fan and made his unlikely switch to the Sporting Lisbon youth academy after his family moved to Portugal as a child.

If we want to sign a player who is going to be as good as Dier is expected to be then we have to move fast and move early before he becomes the player he's going to be (if you get what I mean?!). Say he stayed in portugal until he was 21 and made quite a name for himself - we've got no chance then because he's too expensive and too many teams can offer much more lucrative deals. So if reports are true I'd be chuffed about this and will hopefully look back in 4-5yrs at what shrewd/proactive bit of business this was.

Further to my point - look at Holtby - he's a full international now (or he's been in the squad at least) - I doubt we could afford him now but I'm sure there's a thread somewhere linking us with a £750k-£2m bid?!!!

Years ago we he had the England U16, 19 and U21 captains at the club at the same time. None made the cut (Scot Brown, Steven Schumacher and Peter Clarke). The Everton academy have their own transfer budget to get the best players in. Unfortunately it's less than David Moyes has to deal with.

Years ago we he had the England U16, 19 and U21 captains at the club at the same time. None made the cut (Scot Brown, Steven Schumacher and Peter Clarke). The Everton academy have their own transfer budget to get the best players in. Unfortunately it's less than David Moyes has to deal with.

Didn't Peter Clarke reject a contract?