IGNORED

Administration

efcgenius

The big word for them is 'might'... If we keep going the way we are, the ONLY way we can recoup any significant money would be to sell players. Tbh it sounds like a bit of scare mongering by Quinn to the fans (and maybe the manager) in order to try and get more to turn up and encourage the manager to get into Europe. If its not then at least he is being honest!

i did think the list looked slightly lightweight, but still they hav'nt spent much when you look at it, alot less than we have :angry:

found a more comprehensive list:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/sunderland-transfers.html

Sunderland have pretty much consistently spend every year. The only differnce this year is the bent sale. Before that they had still spend a decent amount this summer, and they didnt really do too much business in the window.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did think the list looked slightly lightweight, but still they hav'nt spent much when you look at it, alot less than we have :angry:

found a more comprehensive list:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/sunderland-transfers.html

If you check out the 'transfer league' over the past 5 years Everton lie 15th with a net spend of 3.8 million per season, Sunderland lie 5th with a net spend of 11.4 million a season, thats quite a difference! You forget 8 million Ferdinand and 6 for Malbranque another 6 on Richardson and so on and so on (they even paid 5.5 on Chopra ffs)! Thats why there funds are dwindling.

Edited by smeghead1

If you check out the 'transfer league' over the past 5 years Everton lie 15th with a net spend of 3.8 million per season, Sunderland lie 5th with a net spend of 11.4 million a season, thats quite a difference! You forget 8 million Ferdinand and 6 for Malbranque another 6 on Richardson and so on and so on (they even paid 5.5 on Chopra ffs)! Thats why there funds are dwindling.

yeah that second list came after i made the post, they have spent a small fortune when you look at it, especially under Keane, they should really be doing alot better tbh

A net spend of 3.8 per season is a joke, you have to wonder what happens to the funds when we have a decent average attendance and standard merchandise income

Interest on our debt,

The debt largely arises from a £30m 25-year loan arranged by Bear Sterns in 2002, which has the advantage of being long-term with a fixed interest rate of 7.79%, but has contributed towards a net interest charge of £4.1m last year (2009) (up from £3.9m). In fact, in return for the £30m loan, Everton will end up repaying £68m.

Add onto that another loan taken to pay off interest...

Interest on our debt,

The debt largely arises from a £30m 25-year loan arranged by Bear Sterns in 2002, which has the advantage of being long-term with a fixed interest rate of 7.79%, but has contributed towards a net interest charge of £4.1m last year (2009) (up from £3.9m). In fact, in return for the £30m loan, Everton will end up repaying £68m.

Add onto that another loan taken to pay off interest...

appreciate that but when you look at other clubs debts are debt isnt that bad? so in theory you could say that long term you would be better selling Rodwell (not first team regular at present) and paying off the debt and not reinvesting in the squad?

Edited by scouse

Agreed the likes of Utd and Pool etc bring in more revenue than us to manage the debt, its a shame that the likes of Sunderland etc can bring in more money, I guess it just shows what is wrong with our club.

And yet Utd are 700 million in debt? Football finances are a fcukin joke really i mean how much do Barca owe now and theyre on about a 50 million bid for Fabregas! Our board has seriously fcuked up somewhere along the line if we cant even raise the dough for a loan striker!

And yet Utd are 700 million in debt? Football finances are a fcukin joke really i mean how much do Barca owe now and theyre on about a 50 million bid for Fabregas! Our board has seriously fcuked up somewhere along the line if we cant even raise the dough for a loan striker!

or theyre playing the game well and getting us in good shape for the 2013 financial ruling. Depends how you want to look at it.

http://www.uefa.com/...id=1520059.html

Edited by Matt

Spotted this in the Daily Post yesterday in an article about us sniffing around Andy King

"Everton manager Moyes has been warned not to expect a transfer warchest when the summer window opens, but has previous success in plucking players from the lower leagues such as Tim Cahill and Joleon Lescott."

Business as usual then! or should I say no business as usual?

Spotted this in the Daily Post yesterday in an article about us sniffing around Andy King

"Everton manager Moyes has been warned not to expect a transfer warchest when the summer window opens, but has previous success in plucking players from the lower leagues such as Tim Cahill and Joleon Lescott."

Business as usual then! or should I say no business as usual?

That was spouted by Elstone when the accounts were released too.

• 4 weeks later...