IGNORED

Administration

efcgenius

The specifics of that particular rumour were laughable admittedly (although that didn't stop shitloads of people taking them seriously), but I think the point that speculation, misinformation and myth are put forward as fact by a section of (mostly online) Evertonians is a valid one.

it's always like that with shocking or sensational news.. i must admit I wasn't sure what to make of it at first.

for example the Hitler diariees.. even some reputed historians fell for it and declared them real at first.. while there were some obvious mistakes made by the forger.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem we have is that the silence coming from the club when we have needed reassurance has been deafening.

The club would say that there is detailed "reassurance" in the shape of the Elstone article on the OS...but you dismiss it as "spin."

Fair enough if you don't believe it, but you can't pretend they've said nothing.

(And no major company for sale in the history of the universe looking for the best deal for its shareholders and its future prosperity would say "we are for sale for £X." Again, if you think the board are not seriously looking to sell that's a different argument)

The clubs official response to Evertonians for Change open letter to the Board

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/10-11/comment/fan/17197.html

I read the Evertonians for change laetter and thought it was well written and raised some very good points and my initial respense was to side with them. However after reading Robert Elstones response I also though he made some good points and felt it was an honest and open response.

I have to admit Ive never been present at any of these forums or supporter club visits so I am taking him at his word that no topics are off limits

I have become a pure sceptic when it comes to club matters.

Only the other day I watched "youth in revolt" - good film, when I seen it was directed by Miguel Arteta I jumped from my seat and said "I knew it! The real one has been off directing a film as the club wouldn't pay his £70k a week, changed his first name slightly and we have had someone wearing a jet black wig and a snug fitting kit pretending to be him"

Only the other day I watched "youth in revolt" - good film, when I seen it was directed by Miguel Arteta I jumped from my seat and said "I knew it! The real one has been off directing a film as the club wouldn't pay his £70k a week, changed his first name slightly and we have had someone wearing a jet black wig and a snug fitting kit pretending to be him"

Now that makes perfect sense!

There's an "actress" called Rooney in it as well....could that explain young Wayne's average performances up until yesterday :mellow: ?

If he's back maybe the real McCarteta will be today as well :) ?

Now that makes perfect sense!

There's an "actress" called Rooney in it as well....could that explain young Wayne's average performances up until yesterday :mellow: ?

If he's back maybe the real McCarteta will be today as well :) ?

I actually believe David moyes is the best tactical manager in the world, the problem is whenever he hears the z cars theme he becomes incapable of making such decisions for the following 80 minutes. It all stems from his time in a Pre season training camp, when he was supposed to be getting the team prepared for the season, he was whisked off and subjected to CIA style brainwashing techniques.

Apparently the same happened to blue bill, whenever he here's a mobile phone ring, his response is "not interested, bye"

Off to watch the manchurian candidate now

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/02/16/blues-face-the-fans

"Spurious media speculation of financial instability was dismissed with Mr Elstone taking time to discuss last weeks accounts."

Chairman of Netherton Blues...

It was good to have them here and I dont think they evaded any questions...

Sometimes people are slightly naïve and want to know exact financial specifics but no questions were avoided and I was pleased about that."

Football is a big part of the community and you need this interaction between the Club and the fans. It was nice for them to come and spend time here.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5ixwNjnofFftOuAXeoY1gy1ZiWZtw?docId=N0778791297863865051A

Interesting..

Didnt Someone mention before that Quinn considered Leaving because of Poor attendances? Seems they are worse off than us, yet continue to Spend :blink:

They arent really...

Firstly they have a chairman/board willing to invest in the playing squad.

Secondly they are in a period of growth and this is shown in their more recent purchases imo at least. I doubt they will do too much massive spending in the future as they have the basis of a good young squad.

Thirdly they just sold Bent for £26mil! lol

They arent really...

Firstly they have a chairman/board willing to invest in the playing squad.

Secondly they are in a period of growth and this is shown in their more recent purchases imo at least. I doubt they will do too much massive spending in the future as they have the basis of a good young squad.

Thirdly they just sold Bent for £26mil! lol

to balance the books it looks like.

Their recent spending is putting them into debt. Theyre heavily investing then selling their stars to invest again. Much like we have done since Bill has taken charge. But because Bill did it, hes killing the club. Because a club is temporarily having slightly more success elsewhere (higher league position only) its an example to follow. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Matt

didnt know about that but its irrelevant. They couldve turned him down. They sold him out of need.

Not really, Matt, they turned down his request to leave in the summer when he wanted to go to Turkey according to Bruce. So, this was his second time of asking to leave. I don't see that as them selling him out of need tbh, more like they knew they were fighting a losing battle to keep hold of him and decided to cash in on an unhappy player.

Not really, Matt, they turned down his request to leave in the summer when he wanted to go to Turkey according to Bruce. So, this was his second time of asking to leave. I don't see that as them selling him out of need tbh, more like they knew they were fighting a losing battle to keep hold of him and decided to cash in on an unhappy player.

They couldve said we will keep you til the end of the season then sell you. Truth is, January was the best time - inflated price and the player gets out early. Still, result is the same, sale was made and it will go towards balancing the books.

They couldve said we will keep you til the end of the season then sell you. Truth is, January was the best time - inflated price and the player gets out early. Still, result is the same, sale was made and it will go towards balancing the books.

or it could be invested in the summer

Steve Bruce is interviewed on talksport and says that Bent hadnt been the same since the summer, a bloke at work whose a Sunderland fan said he had model'd himself on the Yak this season! Its the young lad from Utd whose got the goals not Bent so in that sense it was the right time to sell as he left them with no option!

Plus your getting £26mil for DARREN BENT... He certainly scores some goals but contributes nothing else to the team. I bet they couldnt believe their eyes when they saw Villa offer £26mil!

The difference between Sunderland and us, is that if Bruce needs some cash, then he can get it. We cant even use the money from the Pienaar sale to get a player in.

I would also guess that the Sunderland chairman is actually stumping up some of his own money, unlike our board.

Plus your getting £26mil for DARREN BENT... He certainly scores some goals but contributes nothing else to the team. I bet they couldnt believe their eyes when they saw Villa offer £26mil!

The difference between Sunderland and us, is that if Bruce needs some cash, then he can get it. We cant even use the money from the Pienaar sale to get a player in.

I would also guess that the Sunderland chairman is actually stumping up some of his own money, unlike our board.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/856263-asamoah-gyan-and-other-stars-may-be-sold-to-balance-books-quinn

Id love Goodison to have the same facilities as the S o Light, its also true that their board has pumped millions into the club and more importantly OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET!! Bill and the rest of our lot must have sewn up pockets!

and now theyre selling their onfield assets to balance to books.

and now theyre selling their onfield assets to balance to books.

Agreed but how much has Fathead had to spend up there? I bet theyve spent well more over the past few seasons than we have! I was more making the point it wouldnt be half full (the reason for having to sell players according to Quinn) with the chairman begging fans to turn up! Oh and didnt they pay ridiculous ammounts for Bent and Gyan? Wish we had that sort of money to start off with.

Edited by smeghead1

Agreed but how much has Fathead had to spend up there? I bet theyve spent well more over the past few seasons than we have! I was more making the point it wouldnt be half full (the reason for having to sell players according to Quinn) with the chairman begging fans to turn up! Oh and didnt they pay ridiculous ammounts for Bent and Gyan? Wish we had that sort of money to start off with.

Disturbingly not that much when you look at it, i thought it would have been alot more tbh

http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Sunderland_AFC/Transfers

More worringly theres no Bent or Gyan on the list either, theres got to be more missing from that list im sure!

i did think the list looked slightly lightweight, but still they hav'nt spent much when you look at it, alot less than we have :angry:

found a more comprehensive list:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/sunderland-transfers.html

Edited by theprisoner