IGNORED

Blackpool Home

adamsmith69

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to watch my recording of the game, my damn internet is so slow at the moment that I get almost as frustrated at trying to watch Everton as I do actually watching Everton!

Personally I thought we started quite slowly and looked nervous but by the end of it all we looked like we were the type of team that played the back end of last season so well. We had our swagger back, we broke up plays before they even started and when we had the ball the movement from pretty much the whole team was brilliant. I think one of the main catalysts for this was Rodwell as he was always in space and always available for a pass and on another day he could have had a hattrick.

Howard didnt really have much to do despite conceeding three.

Neville was average. He also watched Adam stroll past him for his goal.

Heitinga was also average, very dissapointed in him bottling that challenge but im confident he will have been suitably bollocked and it wont happen again. Probably cue him diving in and getting sent off against Bolton.

Distin was again average. Not sure what he was doing with the ball for their 3rd? However despite both CB's playing averagely as individuals they played pretty decent as a pairing. Neither of them stood out and both made mistakes but not much got through to Howard.

Baines was poor defensively but great going forward. He has a cracking delivery with either foot.

Felli was a rock. Slow to start with but got better as it went on. The ball to Saha for the last goal was perfect.

Arteta was much better today imo. Yes he started slowly but he looked to take people on, he got the ball going forward and he was buzzing around finding space way more than he has been. Keep it up.

Rodwell was brilliant. This is exactly the role he should be playing. His pasing was excellent, his movement is excellent and you could see his confidence grow throughout the game. I was very impressed, now lets just see if he can keep up that level of performance.

Coleman was surprisingly quite quiet. Normally when we score goals he is one of the main providers but it shows how much the rest of the team stepped up that he was probably the quietest of the midfielders. Solid game imo.

Bily was much much better. He actually looked like a Premiership footballer. He passed, he moved, he beat a man and he looked quite strong and linked very well with Rodwell and Baines. He also picked out Saha brilliantly for the 1st goal and I wonder if that was Pienaar in the same position would we have still scored? Im not sure we would have tbh... Keep it up.

Saha was world class. Iv knocked him a fair few times but there were moments in that game where he dominated the Blackpool back 4. Iv been shouting for ages to get Saha to try and get in behind as well as drop short and today it made a big difference as he bullied the CB's all over the place. They didnt know whether to drop deeper or follow him in short. He took all 4 (should have been 5) goals superbly and I hope he keeps it up. If we continue to play in this fashion then I have no doubt he will.

Beckford looked lively when he came on and he took his goal magnificently. The guy clearly has some real quality, the problem is working out how to utilise it. Today he came on at the right time to make a difference. Too many times he has come on too late in a game and he needs all the minutes he can get. Potentially he is one of the best goal scoring subs in the Premiership, which is saying a lot but I think its true.

Cahill didnt really do too much tbh. It was a positive move by Moyes to bring him on, but in terms of contribution I dont think he made a difference. I hope he is on the bench again against Bolton.

Disagree personally, Cahill is a shoo-in when fit and Rodwell still looks a little weak to me.

While I hugely respect what Cahill does and brings to the team, he wouldnt have done the things Rodwell did. His movement was brilliant, his passing and vision was brilliant and all he was missing was the goals. My query is whether Rodwell can bring that consistently like Cahill has brought his skillset throughout his time at Everton.

Edited by Bailey

While I hugely respect what Cahill does and brings to the team, he wouldnt have done the things Rodwell did. His movement was brilliant, his passing and vision was brilliant and all he was missing was the goals. My query is whether Rodwell can bring that consistently like Cahill has brought his skillset throughout his time at Everton.

Agreed. Cahill is a legend, if you could bottle his mentality and sell it, you would have Wenger and Fergie knocking at your door to buy a gallon. Unfortunately for me, he ain't anywhere near polished (tackling, first touch, passing, vision) enough to be a nailed on Prem central midfielder - if he was - be up there with Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas etc.

We have only two midfield generals (who have the lot) Rodwell and Fellaini. Arteta is an ideal partner but would rely on the other two.

different players..cahill gets you goals and rodwell makes them..i don't think you can compare the two really..two different options depending on the game..i'd rather cahill against the 'bigger' teams cos of his hustle, attitude and ability to score important goals..i'd rather rodwell played in a game where i'd expect us to dominate possession cos we keep it a hell of a lot better with him in the side