IGNORED

Blackpool Home

adamsmith69

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day in the Premiership!! Shame the Barcodes have out done us with the most unlikely come back in history to pip top spot on match of the day!!

Took real guts and real skill to turn that round, but jesus our defence is a shambles, I just cannot understand what's going wrong. On plus side, Saha is on fire, and if there's a better centre mid in the league than Fellaini I'll eat my underpants, the man is an absolute legend.

...if there's a better centre mid in the league than Fellaini I'll eat my underpants, the man is an absolute legend.

If there's a better center mid in the premiership I'll eat your underpants :P !

dont bring logic and facts into the equation Mike, you will be shot down!

You can get 33/1 on us being relegated and yet the scaremongers still put it forward as a probability (7/2 on a top six finish).

Put your money on it if you believe....if it's just rhetoric shut the fuck up and keep it real ;) .

first goal sprang up could have gone anywhere and came from a shit decision to give the free kick in the first place...2nd was a bad mistake by johnny and 3rd was lucky again could've gone anywhere(and shit from neville who was nowhere to be seen)..on a different day none of them might've happened..it's a concern they scored 3 but i'm not that bothered about jags coming back in

Turned out to be a great result, but am I the only one alarmed at Blackpool scoring three at Goodison?

Jags had better be back against Bolton

An unlikely "this" is here

Totally agree.

John h, went from John j Rambo to John Reid (elton johns manager) it was like watching the cock of the year get battered by the dinner lady,

Any how, moyes can get stuffed with his negative rubbish, it is as clear as daylight that beckfords running and pace gives Louis the space he needs to work in. That man is class on his day, how could I have ever have doubted him?! Hopefully mr shearer gives him appropriate props tonight.....pure centre forward brilliance. King louis, you are back in the circle of trust.

Edited by Hafnia2

We were by far the better team in this game; the midfield, all of them, were on it and took control of the game, our striker lead the line perfectly and was simply awesome. But our defence let us down badly. All three of Blackpool's goals could have been prevented and aside from those goals the defence were actually looking good, so I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking for the goals, but they were shocking goals to concede.

At 3-2 down I thought the best we could hope for would have been a draw but the players showed the bottle and heart that has been missing from the side for much of the season. Those last 15 or so minutes were a real joy to watch. We got three goals with some wonderful play and then we pretty much just controlled the last few minutes with little fuss.

We have to win our next few games now or this victory will have been for nothing. We've been far too inconsistent this season, a good run is what we need and we'll be flying up the table.

Howard - I think he should have done better for their first tbh, because it was at his near post, but he had a decent game with not much to do.

Neville - Actually looked like he wanted to play for us today, which he hasn't looked like for a while. So that was nice to see. His defensive play was much better than it has been as well, even if he did make some mistakes.

Heitinga - I thought he was having an excellent game and then he had to go and spoil it by acting like a shithouse with that "challenge" for the ball that lead to us conceding for a second time.

Distin - The same as Heitinga really. He was having a brilliant game and then he messes up for their third goal by trying to be too clever with the ball on the edge of their box, and then I felt he should have taken their man out as he was on his way towards our goal but he just ran with him instead.

Baines - Great going forward (as ever), never stopped getting up and down the flank, and he was doing OK defensively but I think he probably should have done better for their third goal because it was his side of the pitch.

Coleman - Plenty of effort but really there wasn't much at the end of the effort. He annoyed me because there were many times when he should have hit the cross first time but wanted to try and beat the man. He's got to work on his decision making for sure.

Arteta - Oh Arteta, how I've missed you, welcome back! He was taking players on, running through the heart of their midfield, putting tackles in, not letting the opposition bully him off the ball, picking harder, tighter options rather than the easy option and he made things happen for us. His free kicks were much better (apart from his attempt on goal) and his corners were brilliant too, they had pace on them; none of that floaty shit.

Fellaini - £15million is looking like a right steal now. As others have said, he is the best midfielder in the league at the moment, without a doubt. He dominated today, but he didn't do it in an aggressive way, he just floated about the pitch with ease and stopped attack after attack. Fellaini the destroyer.

Bilyaletdinov - I'm so pleased that he put in a performance like that today, and hopefully it'll go some way to showing that he can be a qaulity player for us. He linked up well with the rest of the midfield and Saha, his quick, one touch passing was lovely to see. I do wish he would actually take people on down the wing but whenever he came infield he was much more willing to do that.

Rodwell - Superb game from Rodwell. He gave us drive and so much energy upfield. It was a proper box to box midfielder performance, something we've been hoping Rodwell could be for us. His passing was flawless (I can't remember him giving the ball away often, if at all?), and his link up play with everyone brilliant. He didn't drift in and out of the game like he usually does, he was always there. That's the best I can remember him playing for a long time and surely that means he keeps his spot and Cahill has to spend another game on the bench?

Saha - He looked totally different player. He was alive and running round like a spring chicken, rather than an OAP that couldn't be arsed like he has done for most of the season. He was asolutely awesome, and like I said in the MOTM thread, I'd have given him my MOTM vote even without the goals. His all round play was qaulity - he linked up well, he held the ball up pretty much every time, he won so many headers, he ran at players. It was a great lone striker performance, and topped it off with 4 goals (should have been 5). Well done Louis.

We were by far the better team in this game; the midfield, all of them, were on it and took control of the game, our striker lead the line perfectly and was simply awesome. But our defence let us down badly. All three of Blackpool's goals could have been prevented and aside from those goals the defence were actually looking good, so I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking for the goals, but they were shocking goals to concede.

At 3-2 down I thought the best we could hope for would have been a draw but the players showed the bottle and heart that has been missing from the side for much of the season. Those last 15 or so minutes were a real joy to watch. We got three goals with some wonderful play and then we pretty much just controlled the last few minutes with little fuss.

We have to win our next few games now or this victory will have been for nothing. We've been far too inconsistent this season, a good run is what we need and we'll be flying up the table.

Howard - I think he should have done better for their first tbh, because it was at his near post, but he had a decent game with not much to do.

Neville - Actually looked like he wanted to play for us today, which he hasn't looked like for a while. So that was nice to see. His defensive play was much better than it has been as well, even if he did make some mistakes.

Heitinga - I thought he was having an excellent game and then he had to go and spoil it by acting like a shithouse with that "challenge" for the ball that lead to us conceding for a second time.

Distin - The same as Heitinga really. He was having a brilliant game and then he messes up for their third goal by trying to be too clever with the ball on the edge of their box, and then I felt he should have taken their man out as he was on his way towards our goal but he just ran with him instead.

Baines - Great going forward (as ever), never stopped getting up and down the flank, and he was doing OK defensively but I think he probably should have done better for their third goal because it was his side of the pitch.

Coleman - Plenty of effort but really there wasn't much at the end of the effort. He annoyed me because there were many times when he should have hit the cross first time but wanted to try and beat the man. He's got to work on his decision making for sure.

Arteta - Oh Arteta, how I've missed you, welcome back! He was taking players on, running through the heart of their midfield, putting tackles in, not letting the opposition bully him off the ball, picking harder, tighter options rather than the easy option and he made things happen for us. His free kicks were much better (apart from his attempt on goal) and his corners were brilliant too, they had pace on them; none of that floaty shit.

Fellaini - £15million is looking like a right steal now. As others have said, he is the best midfielder in the league at the moment, without a doubt. He dominated today, but he didn't do it in an aggressive way, he just floated about the pitch with ease and stopped attack after attack. Fellaini the destroyer.

Bilyaletdinov - I'm so pleased that he put in a performance like that today, and hopefully it'll go some way to showing that he can be a qaulity player for us. He linked up well with the rest of the midfield and Saha, his quick, one touch passing was lovely to see. I do wish he would actually take people on down the wing but whenever he came infield he was much more willing to do that.

Rodwell - Superb game from Rodwell. He gave us drive and so much energy upfield. It was a proper box to box midfielder performance, something we've been hoping Rodwell could be for us. His passing was flawless (I can't remember him giving the ball away often, if at all?), and his link up play with everyone brilliant. He didn't drift in and out of the game like he usually does, he was always there. That's the best I can remember him playing for a long time and surely that means he keeps his spot and Cahill has to spend another game on the bench?

Saha - He looked totally different player. He was alive and running round like a spring chicken, rather than an OAP that couldn't be arsed like he has done for most of the season. He was asolutely awesome, and like I said in the MOTM thread, I'd have given him my MOTM vote even without the goals. His all round play was qaulity - he linked up well, he held the ball up pretty much every time, he won so many headers, he ran at players. It was a great lone striker performance, and topped it off with 4 goals (should have been 5). Well done Louis.

the king has returned

I think Romey has it pretty much spot on there. His report of the lapses in defence rather than a whole 90 minutes of errors was spot on, all three Blackppol goals where down to bad defensive play rather than good attacking play. The accounts given for Arteta and Rodwell, I would agree on 90% of this. Both took their time getting into the game and Arteta did misplace a few passes early on but like the Chelsea game last week they grw into it, again like the Chelsea game they grew into it because of Fellainis superb current form. Overall a real ROLLERCOASTER of a game (couldn't resist that one), credit to everyone for fight, spirit, determination and scoring five goals.

Gotta agree with Romey tbh. Spot on. Haven't been the match in a while and it was great game to come back too! :lol: (May even convince me to get my season ticket back next season! :P ) We needed a win today, and it was always in the back of my mind that it could turn into another West ham result. But after seeing the way Saha started the game, you could see straight away there were going to be goals. Much needed win, Bring on Bolton :)

Edited by GoodisonRoad

We dont get clean sheet, thats sure. So Saha is finding net great atm, and he will put nice hat-trick saturday. Bily hits once and Beckford one. So we make five, and ööööööhm the make 2. So we will win 5-2. Yes, im really confident atm when we have so fine season and form going, and also mr.moyes is doing all mindblowing subs when we need it.

It seems i need to be really pissed of and sarcastic about everything that we will get that result we want.

I must say.. mightily thrilled with the performance of Bily.. PLEASE continue to play and improve... we need you to!

Beckford took his goal brilliantly and that's a positive, he's scored a couple of class goals now and I don't care that he misses spectacularly sometimes, least he's shooting ;).

I must say.. mightily thrilled with the performance of Bily.. PLEASE continue to play and improve... we need you to!

Beckford took his goal brilliantly and that's a positive, he's scored a couple of class goals now and I don't care that he misses spectacularly sometimes, least he's shooting ;).

I was going to say the same sort of thing.

Adam and Puncheon in the squad for Garth Crooks team of the week but not Felli (he never is).

Either he doesn't watch the games or he does and he's totally clueless....whichever it is the beeb shouldn't be paying him for his ridiculous opinions.

http://news.bbc.co.u...bci/7631245.stm

The man can barely keep his eyes open, you that surprised he misses so much? He reminds me of a stoned koala...