IGNORED

City Fan Here

MancLad

Who do you hate more us or united  

26 members have voted

1. 1. man city or the rags

hi toffees... just bored so i thought i would get the opinion of who is hated more out of us manc teams... i know that the liverpool fans hate united obviosly... but just wondered who you guys hate the most? personaly i see everton as a "twin" of man city... because there is a greater team in red that we are in the shadow of!! grr haha... anyway good luck in the future guys

Mate, nice thought coming on here trying to build bridges. But we are not your twin & we never will be. The only thing we have in common is that we both live in the shadow of a team in red. Personally, I hate Manchester United and I like to see them lose but I respect them all the same. Certain people within their club command respect Sir Alex Ferguson, Ryan Giggs & Scholes etc. However, I can't say the same for Manchester City. I'm jealous I'll hold my hands up. I envy how my club has tried to do things properly (in the past) with a manager that has slowly built a football team and yours has leap frogged all that hard work due to the financial muscle of some oil rich 'Sheikh'. It gets on my tits and I hope it goes wrong for you. Nothing personal my little Manc Friend!

Here's to you smashing Liverpool on the 10th April.

Dislike them both, as Adam mentioned you have respect for Utd and the way they have gone about their business in a professional manor, i dislike the arrogance of City and the Lescott fiasco and they way the pay one player £200k plus a week is ruining the game.

rooney? 250k... and plus united have bought there way to success... any way love to lift the voodoo we have against u ;)

Alreet lad, welcome to the forum. Personally, I kind of nothing both teams. Both have good sides and bad sides.

Think the player being referred to thats earning over 200k is Tevez, which is frankly disgusting. Whilst I dont like how City have developed over recent times, thats not the clubs fault, its the FA and leagues fault for allowing them to bulldoze other teams, though the way the managers have perused targets (not just JLo here - thanks for that by the way!) is frankly unsporting.

1 thing I did used to like about City was the fans. I used to work at both stadia in Manchester whilst i was at uni and Maine Road and Eastlands were much friendlier places than Old Trafford. The City fans were true fans back then, now I only ever seem to hear from the whining, hard-done-to glory hunters.

Anyway, hope you dont take it personally, certainly not intended that way and I hope youre one of the many good City fans I used to hang out with :)

Personally I don't hate either United or City. Not that I particularly like either one of them. I am an Everton fan, always have been and always will be.

Things I don't like about ManU? They took Rooney off us, they are always the main topic in the news papers. (This also applied when they were in the second division for some reason)

Things I like about ManU. Not much but they do a good job on the pitch and Fergie has lifted them to be the best team in the league.

Things I don't like about ManC? They took Lescott off us by browbeating a sale and turning his head with offers of big money. The big spending by ManC ( and Chelsea too to be honest) is ruining the game for real football supporter who are not born with a platinum spoon in their mouths.

Things I like about ManC? Dennis Tuart was a class player I rated. Peter Reid managed them, and the fans used to be friendly. Not met many ManC fans of recent times who are anything other that glory hunters to be honest. But that is the money talking (Probably happen to any club in that situation)

Why city fans consider themselves anythink like Everton is beyond me. We're the 4th most successful team in England hardly in a shadow in comparison to our neighbours except for news coverage really. Come back when your team has actually contributed to the game, Everton have football legends, trophies and as well as led many innovations, city will never aspire to be such a great club.

hate utd..usual reasons that include jealousy of how successful the club has been and the cock of a manager(respect or no respect)..the fact they have refs shit scared of them and not sayin their success is solely down to that cos that would be stupid but it has to be a factor..the fact that most utd fans i meet are cockneys and haven't even seen a picture of old trafford yet will shove it up your ass if they beat you..the list goes on and i don't wanna waste your time moanin(i'm not like that :lol:)..can't ever say they buy success though and that is just the fact they are a better club than you and you want to have a pop

city to me are like god is to me..it's not him i despise it's the fans..they seem to have an ego problem over there now cos they got bought out by a bored arse-oil(ha)..they seem to now command respect and fan the flames of the belief that money should command respect..they give it the big one alllllllllllllll the fuckin time yet they haven't done enough in their history to even warrant bein the downie sibling never mind the twin of everton...so fuck off back to your own boards, eat your camel steaks and stay the fuck away

guys, the lad has come over here being friendly. stop givin him a hard time! His comparison on a basic level is perfectly legit, teams playing in blue overshadowed by wankers in red. Thats the only comparison he is making so stop going over the top.

Christ, he will be thinkin the same way about Everton fans as we do about most of the City fans! Id like to think we are better than that on the whole.

edit : Marco, youve got that Notlob tool to take your stress out on, he came here to wind us up. This lad has been nice, so play nice!

Edited by Matt

• 5 months later...

I like City as we all ways manage to beat them and we got Mark Hughes the sack.

Hate United with a passion well any team in red really

My son supports United and we live 400 miles away from manchester glory hunting little toe rag. I have to suffer him wearing a bloody Man U shirt, and what makes it worse is them bastards always beat us, we can play them off the park and they still win

I like City as we all ways manage to beat them and we got Mark Hughes the sack.

Hate United with a passion well any team in red really

My son supports United and we live 400 miles away from manchester glory hunting little toe rag. I have to suffer him wearing a bloody Man U shirt, and what makes it worse is them bastards always beat us, we can play them off the park and they still win

I have to laugh Paul.

If you live 400 miles away from Manchester then you live at least 150 miles from Tottenham. wink.png Are you in France? laugh.png

I have to laugh Paul.

If you live 400 miles away from Manchester then you live at least 150 miles from Tottenham. wink.png Are you in France? laugh.png

65 miles fromWHL

to be honest I have no idea how far Manchester is from here but it must be about that

I used to drive from Clacton to the Wirral a few times in the early nineties and always used to go down to london then the M1 and M6 as the A14 wasn't there then and it used to take 4 - 4 1/2 hours

65 miles fromWHL

to be honest I have no idea how far Manchester is from here but it must be about that

I used to drive from Clacton to the Wirral a few times in the early nineties and always used to go down to london then the M1 and M6 as the A14 wasn't there then and it used to take 4 - 4 1/2 hours

How wrong I am I have just multimapped it and from my house on the coast in Essex to Old Trafford it's only 250.6 miles

I would have thought it was much further than that how small this country is

I wouldn't wanna walk it though

65 miles fromWHL

.Just banter Paul.wink.png

I was just laughing about you calling him a glory hunter when you lived a fair taxi ride from Spurs yourself lol.

From Utd's ground to your ground is 200 miles on the nose. Tottenham to Calais is only 110 lol. fishing.gif

.Just banter Paul.wink.png

I was just laughing about you calling him a glory hunter when you lived a fair taxi ride from Spurs yourself lol.

From Utd's ground to your ground is 200 miles on the nose. Tottenham to Calais is only 110 lol. fishing.gif

Yeah I Appreciate that I guess I should have said that I come from the Tottenham Edmonton area hence why

I am a Spurs fan, I just can't understand why other than the success he wants to Support them fuckers, traditionally you supported your local team, so for us now it would be Ipswich or Colchester, ok I admit occasionally they play attractive football, but so do the Scum, I was 11in 1976 when we moved to this area and was the only Spurs fan at my school, and most of the other kids were Ipswich fans partly due to them having a fairly good team under bobby Robson, and there was a handful of Leeds and Liverpool fans in the school because at that time they were the 2 best teams, but Forest a couple of years later won the league and the European cup and I don't recall seeing any Forest fans outside of nottingham

And I have taken him to few Spurs games and even tried the Local Colchester united and he still wants a fucking united shirt with either Rooney or Nani on the back, he even wants me to take him on the stadium tour of old Trafford

He's never been to Manchester He probably has no idea where Manchester is only that it's up north somewhere and that Lowry painted some depressing pictures of life in a cotton mill in manchester only because he did a project on him in school

How would you feel if your son wanted to Support Chelsea just because they won the league ?

Yeah I Appreciate that I guess I should have said that I come from the Tottenham Edmonton area hence why

I am a Spurs fan, I just can't understand why other than the success he wants to Support them fuckers, traditionally you supported your local team, so for us now it would be Ipswich or Colchester, ok I admit occasionally they play attractive football, but so do the Scum, I was 11in 1976 when we moved to this area and was the only Spurs fan at my school, and most of the other kids were Ipswich fans partly due to them having a fairly good team under bobby Robson, and there was a handful of Leeds and Liverpool fans in the school because at that time they were the 2 best teams, but Forest a couple of years later won the league and the European cup and I don't recall seeing any Forest fans outside of nottingham

And I have taken him to few Spurs games and even tried the Local Colchester united and he still wants a fucking united shirt with either Rooney or Nani on the back, he even wants me to take him on the stadium tour of old Trafford

He's never been to Manchester He probably has no idea where Manchester is only that it's up north somewhere and that Lowry painted some depressing pictures of life in a cotton mill in manchester only because he did a project on him in school

How would you feel if your son wanted to Support Chelsea just because they won the league ?

My daughter is a United fan. mellow.pngmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gif

I was raised a United fan by my (to be fair) Manchester-born elder brother so even though I've ultimately taken up my Dad's team there'll always be a lingering fondness. Paul 1300 mentions local sides - I didn't go for Fulham or QPR because I'd long since grown up with Everton in the house and didn't know the others at all.

As for City, respect is not due when recent success is down to "some camel-shagger spunking money into the club's carcass"...

Edited by LHN

• 1 month later...

Respect isn't something you earn by winning anything... respect is simply something that should be offered to ALL until they blow it.

Man United / Liverpool have had wonderful teams and achieved a great deal - but they don't deserve any more respect than Rochdale, or Notts County.

Fans are fans, and we ('we') in the Premier League have all bought our success in some fashion or other. It's a simple matter of teams in large cities having greater pulling power and therefore larger fan base, and more money. Everton and City will (barring some amazing change in world order) always command more financial power than Accrington Stanley. But it should never mean that Accrington Stanley don't deserve the same respect.

I think we all tend to forget how hard it must be to sit in lousy lower league stadiums, in the wind and pouring rain, watching your team lose week in week out.

As for the criticism of City in particular - hmmm, yes we got VERY lucky with a very wealthy owner. But make no mistake, both of our clubs have had wealthy owners - it's just a matter of comparison.

Is it bad for the game? - I have mixed feelings. If City spend 300 million on players, then that's 300 million going to other teams.

The game as a whole is being ruined by the money. Perhaps it was always that way, but it appears to be more so since the advent of the Premier League and Sky. It was predicted to happen, and it has happened. 'We' the fans keep paying silly money to support the teams we love, whilst 'investors' use our clubs as commercial (not social) ventures.

We all want better players, and demand money to be spent on the team, but in the long run, we're our own worst enemy. We LET ourselves succumb to Sky and high ticket prices and simply refuse to believe 'OUR' club is a merciless money making machine (it's just everybody else's club that's like that).

The reality is - it's not City ruining the game - it's the fans - willing to be taken for a ride because we're so emotionally tied to our clubs, we let businessmen tug our heartstrings and wallets.

As for City having no history? do some research - there's hundreds of clubs with proud histories. Again I repeat myself - it's not about what you've WON, or how many fans you've got etc. Rochdale's history is just as precious to a few fans as Everton or City's history is to theirs.

Edited by FanchesterCity

Fanchester, I've dealt direct with the Manchester public and also the retail sector, and they're passionate and decent people, just like anywhere else.

The difference in Manchester though is that as soon as the topic of conversation turns to football, a different personality rises to the surface.

Respect is something to be lost, to which I agree, but with City fans, I think they're on a crusade in which to lose respect in world record time.

I've posted on your forums for several years, and got on with a few lads there on and off, but today, I said to myself "Why am I entertaining these horrible horrible people?" and set about deliberately to get my account suspended so that I need never go back and have to put up with the vitriol, and substandard human behaviour that exists on that forum.

The word 'vile' springs to mind only marginally before the words 'uneducated, pathetically deluded, and illiterate '.

Since your fans returned to the Premiership, they've done so with a huge chip on their shoulder, and the belief that money has somehow transformed them into super beings is quite uncanny. The hostility shown towards other fans is rather strange, when all things are considered, and I think you have 40,000 strong cases for psychological care, such are the narcissistic tendencies arising from underneath all things rock like.

I'd take United over City any day of the week. I'd even take Liverpool over City.

City remind me of the weedy bloke who finds the magic potion, but the bottle doesn't have instructions. Instead of waiting to see if the potion works, he immediately sets out with his little cape on expecting everybody to notice him, and get out of his way as he declares himself ruler of the universe, when strictly speaking, all as he's done is pump his lil ole body full of steroids, while all around pump iron the hard way.

You might have bigger muscles than many other teams who can't afford the football gym, but you're just potential at the moment, and nothing more.

Since the Premiership began, United have dominated with what I think is 12 titles, yet should City win it, they would quickly declare themselves the best club in England.

The truth is that you ain't nothing yet, so why not suck the air out of your chests and let events take place, and if in 10 years, you've dominated the game, then you will have something to add to your C.V, but at the moment, you have nothing but CSE's at best, and have received a free University pass, to which you still have to sit the course.

Your fans really get on my tits lately with their presumption that they are Everton's bitter rivals. You're not. You're not even Manchester Uniteds bitter rivals, as both of those vacancies are taken by Liverpool.

You might be better than us, but we've survived on bargains, while you've spent hundreds of millions of pounds trying to get where you want to be, yet still aren't there yet. Your fans start threads asking for attention. Why should we give you any more attention than any other team, more than twice per year?

You're not in our minds 24/7 as much as you think you are.

You're wrong. We haven't forgotten what it's like to sit in lousy lower league stadiums in the pouring rain. We haven't forgotten, because we've never been that low in the divisions like you have, so we can't forget what we've never experienced. We've not done it because we've been at the forefront of English football for over 100 years, not 2 minutes like your yo-yo club.

If you're going to dominate football, just go and do it, but stop telling everybody else how shite they are along the way, as you just look like spoilt kids with the only toy on the block.

The banner today telling everybody that they'll remember your future is a little ironic when you disrespect everybody elses present, and indeed past.

You won, well done. Was there something else you needed to tell us?

Fanchester, I've dealt direct with the Manchester public and also the retail sector, and they're passionate and decent people, just like anywhere else.

The difference in Manchester though is that as soon as the topic of conversation turns to football, a different personality rises to the surface.

Respect is something to be lost, to which I agree, but with City fans, I think they're on a crusade in which to lose respect in world record time.

I've posted on your forums for several years, and got on with a few lads there on and off, but today, I said to myself "Why am I entertaining these horrible horrible people?" and set about deliberately to get my account suspended so that I need never go back and have to put up with the vitriol, and substandard human behaviour that exists on that forum.

The word 'vile' springs to mind only marginally before the words 'uneducated, pathetically deluded, and illiterate '.

Since your fans returned to the Premiership, they've done so with a huge chip on their shoulder, and the belief that money has somehow transformed them into super beings is quite uncanny. The hostility shown towards other fans is rather strange, when all things are considered, and I think you have 40,000 strong cases for psychological care, such are the narcissistic tendencies arising from underneath all things rock like.

I'd take United over City any day of the week. I'd even take Liverpool over City.

City remind me of the weedy bloke who finds the magic potion, but the bottle doesn't have instructions. Instead of waiting to see if the potion works, he immediately sets out with his little cape on expecting everybody to notice him, and get out of his way as he declares himself ruler of the universe, when strictly speaking, all as he's done is pump his lil ole body full of steroids, while all around pump iron the hard way.

You might have bigger muscles than many other teams who can't afford the football gym, but you're just potential at the moment, and nothing more.

Since the Premiership began, United have dominated with what I think is 12 titles, yet should City win it, they would quickly declare themselves the best club in England.

The truth is that you ain't nothing yet, so why not suck the air out of your chests and let events take place, and if in 10 years, you've dominated the game, then you will have something to add to your C.V, but at the moment, you have nothing but CSE's at best, and have received a free University pass, to which you still have to sit the course.

Your fans really get on my tits lately with their presumption that they are Everton's bitter rivals. You're not. You're not even Manchester Uniteds bitter rivals, as both of those vacancies are taken by Liverpool.

You might be better than us, but we've survived on bargains, while you've spent hundreds of millions of pounds trying to get where you want to be, yet still aren't there yet. Your fans start threads asking for attention. Why should we give you any more attention than any other team, more than twice per year?

You're not in our minds 24/7 as much as you think you are.

You're wrong. We haven't forgotten what it's like to sit in lousy lower league stadiums in the pouring rain. We haven't forgotten, because we've never been that low in the divisions like you have, so we can't forget what we've never experienced. We've not done it because we've been at the forefront of English football for over 100 years, not 2 minutes like your yo-yo club.

If you're going to dominate football, just go and do it, but stop telling everybody else how shite they are along the way, as you just look like spoilt kids with the only toy on the block.

The banner today telling everybody that they'll remember your future is a little ironic when you disrespect everybody elses present, and indeed past.

You won, well done. Was there something else you needed to tell us?

That's a lot of upset for a relatively insignificant post.

I think you need to start treating fans individually and not as 'groups'. I don't believe all Everton fans are like you. Very few I'd say. Didn't manage to speak with any today that shared such views. Of the ones I spoke to before the game, they didn't appear to care much about us (rightly so) - just fancied a chance of stealing the points, but also knew it would be a tough task (but possible) - sensible, considered opinion from your lot. I shall put you down as a minority view holder.

Since the forum says it welcomes the views of other fans - that's what I offer.

Incidentally whoever wins the Premier League IS the best club, since that's how we measure who is the best.

It won't be City, of that I'm sure - maybe one day, but it won't be this year, and probably not next. Might be never.

I think the vast majority of City fans are simply enjoying a moment in the sun after donkeys years of being in the dark and watching lousy football.

Sadly, with any team that's in the limelight and doing 'well', we will attract younger supporters who simply want to follow a trend. That's always been the case with any team who met with success of any sort.

It won't last forever, nothing ever does.

I does however beg the question - what sort of fans are you communicating with? It's highly unlikely that thousands of fans change overnight, as opposed to you being the one that changed. If I were a betting man, I'd place my money on you being the more likely of the two to have 'changed'.

Most fans I know have been lifelong fans of many clubs, and I've never seen any of them change significantly over the years. 90% of my mates are still up and down every other week, and 10% have a permanent grin on their face - not because they're arrogant, but because they keep winning stuff. They tend to wear red shirts :-(

The grin on City faces is relief... cos we are starting to see football be like and are learning to believe in ourselves - but 40 years of watching poor football takes some overturning. I don't think it's arrogance.

For myself the game at Eastlands or whatever it is called (I never was good at spelling funny words) is already in the past and we must now look forward to a big game at the weekend. Man City is basically out of my head until the next time we play.

No hatred, no love (obviously) No interest really. I am more concerned with Everton's problems (or in some respects lack of them)

I am happy to give my opinion about any other club, Man City included, but as I am not a fan of those other clubs, my opinion is just that. Mine. Consequently it doesn't account for much.

City are rich. Apparently QPR are richer. Everton are poor, Apparently Hednesford Town are poorer. So what. You play the cards you are dealt with to the best of your abilities. Everton are doing better with what they have than Man City are doing with what they have as a pound for pound basis. It all depends on your viewpoint. Spend as much as City or be as successful with less money as Everton have proven to be. I am an Everton supporter so it s obvious what I want. If you are a City supporter,what do you want? More money? Better Team? Some Success? Well we all want those things.

I think most decent fans just want to see their team putting in a good shift and giving everything for the shirt.

Sadly, even in the lower leagues, let alone Premiership, and I think 'the shirt' thing is almost dead. Football's really become a business that makes money out of our loyalty.

I honestly think after any match, 90% of fans are 'happy' as long as they were beaten by a genuinely better team and their own team did well. It's a lot harder to take when you know your team didn't do all they could, or a dodgy decision cost you a match.

All of that said, because of the money involved in the game, it gets harder and harder to stomach the notion of a fair competition. When some teams can afford to spend a fortune and others can't it DOES tip the balance of probability in their favour (but never guarantees it).

To some extent or another, all of the 'big clubs' (Everton included) have used their spending power over lesser clubs. Some have had crazy owners who blew millions in the past, some had tragic circumstances make them a household name. Some have had government backing and some ludicrously rich benefactors or a the good fortune of a wealthy fan base prepared to pay 70 quid a ticket.

But Rubecula's quite right - at all levels, we still want the same things. United want to keep winning. City want to start winning, Liverpool want to get back to what THEY think is their rightful place, and Everton seem to want a fair chance to compete and let Mr Moyes show what he could do with a just a bit more money (fair assessment?)

It's my belief that fans shouldn't be arguing the toss with each other - other than for a bit of cheeky banter. They SHOULD be working together to try and bring the game back to reality, with decent fair prices, improved facilities and regulations that truly ARE aimed at fair play (instead of the ones aimed at keeping the current Euro Elite).