IGNORED

North West Tonight

Louis

Pat Nevin reckons there are rumours abound that a company is close to a deal but want Moyes out.

BBC iPlayer - 5 live Sport: Kicking Off with Colin Murray: 18/03/2011 1hr 41mins in

What they discuss wouldn't suprise me and if im honest, i think it'll go tits up if we lose Moyes. The example of Keane at Blackburn opitimises this. By the way, all you lot who have been calling for Bills head, this could be the time you get your wish. Please for the love of god don't cry when 'I told you so' is screamed into your naive faces. If these new guys come in and get rid of moyes, just watch the foundations he's built crumble. Its a sad possibility im afraid. Bill had the club at heart, but that seemed ot enough. Now your going to get money but not anything in the way of the clubs interest...

What they discuss wouldn't suprise me and if im honest, i think it'll go tits up if we lose Moyes. The example of Keane at Blackburn opitimises this. By the way, all you lot who have been calling for Bills head, this could be the time you get your wish. Please for the love of god don't cry when 'I told you so' is screamed into your naive faces. If these new guys come in and get rid of moyes, just watch the foundations he's built crumble. Its a sad possibility im afraid. Bill had the club at heart, but that seemed ot enough. Now your going to get money but not anything in the way of the clubs interest...

You serious? Moyes/kenwright..,,you sound like the history of everton was created 9 years ago amidst the rubble of the Johnson Kendall/smith regime.

This club had been built way before that, way before I witnessed 2 leagues, 2 fa cups, ecwc etc. Sorry one way or another this club needs "modernising". That is the best word I can use to describe everything that has gone wrong with our club. First to have the best of everything originally, last to have what is essential lately.

I want moyes to have a chance in our future, he deserves it. That clown house upstairs should never step foot in the boardroom again. Moyes needs a support network befitting of a club our stature. A first rate assistant manager and director of football. That said, my latter comments suggest what I truly think, sentiment even gets to me....

Watch you don't fall off that high horse, J ;).

You've completely lost the point i was trying to make. If you listened to that clip Louis has put in, Pat Nevin is suggesting that rumors say that if these New guys come in, moyes is gone. Full stop. The main core of my argument is that once they are in (which btw im not saying the money aspect isn't good) they will get rid of moyes from the offset and all that work he's done building the foundations of our current team and academy teams will get lost. I agree, he shouldhave been given some more money but it was sounds like moyes won't have that chance in the future, and sounds like we could start being another yo-yo club who sacks managers, willy nilly! Ala blackburn.

Not taking the high ground mark just sharing my thoughts. Some people though are naive, money doesn't ness buy you success, although it helps. Team spirit and the right players can however and my worry is Mark that we'll lose ours on a snap decision? Who would you replace moyes with?

You've completely lost the point i was trying to make. If you listened to that clip Louis has put in, Pat Nevin is suggesting that rumors say that if these New guys come in, moyes is gone. Full stop. The main core of my argument is that once they are in (which btw im not saying the money aspect isn't good) they will get rid of moyes from the offset and all that work he's done building the foundations of our current team and academy teams will get lost. I agree, he shouldhave been given some more money but it was sounds like moyes won't have that chance in the future, and sounds like we could start being another yo-yo club who sacks managers, willy nilly! Ala blackburn.

And if the new manager came in and did well, got us into the CL, what would you say then? Would you like it rubbed in your face that you were oh so very wrong?

Because I, for one wouldn't be doing that to you, as you would do to me.

I think Moyes deserves the chance to have a decent amount of money to spend but if DM is the price we pay for success then so be it, IMO.

It's all if's, but's and maybe's right now. Nobody knows what's going to happen (if it's even true). Sometimes you've got to take a risk because what we do know is that if things stay the same we're not in for much positivity.

Not taking the high ground mark just sharing my thoughts. Some people though are naive, money doesn't ness buy you success, although it helps. Team spirit and the right players can however and my worry is Mark that we'll lose ours on a snap decision? Who would you replace moyes with?

Not taking the high ground? You said you'd scream "I told you so" into our naive faces. That suggests otherwise tbh.

I don't know who I'd replace him with, I don't even think he should be replaced without giving him the chance to spend some proper money, but there's no doubt having a lot of moeny would attract a high calibre manager.

Mark i didn't say that i would be screaming it but im sure there would be a fan or two with the maturity of a child who would. I was using extremes. Don't get upset over a fictional example dude. The original point was about how quick the rumors suggested moyes was gonna be sacked and i felt that if that's the workings of our potential new board it slightly worries me.

I'll admit it if they do well, take the club forward, consistently fund the transfer windows. I will eat massive humble pie dude, that's fair enough, but in the mean time i hope we don't lose our values and team ethic.

I mean realistically what are we expecting the financial strength of this new party to be!?

Mark i didn't say that i would be screaming it but im sure there would be a fan or two with the maturity of a child who would. I was using extremes. Don't get upset over a fictional example dude. The original point was about how quick the rumors suggested moyes was gonna be sacked and i felt that if that's the workings of our potential new board it slightly worries me.

I'll admit it if they do well, take the club forward, consistently fund the transfer windows. I will eat massive humble pie dude, that's fair enough, but in the mean time i hope we don't lose our values and team ethic.

I mean realistically what are we expecting the financial strength of this new party to be!?

I'll let you off then ;).

Well, BK has said he'll only sell to the right people hasn't he? So if you trust him that much then if he sells to these (probably fictional) people then you would have to believe that they were right for the club and that they had a fair bit of money behind them wouldn't you?

Not taking the high ground? You said you'd scream "I told you so" into our naive faces. That suggests otherwise tbh.

He didn't actually say he'd do it to be fair.

But (hypothetically) if we get taken over and it all goes horribly wrong it would be hard not to say a bit of "I told you so" when some of us have been so abused and ridiculed as "apologists" for so long.

On a travel forum I use I warned some years back about the risks I thought there were in using the unregulated Crown Currency only to be shouted down and told time and again how wonderful they were.

Was very difficult not to say, "well I did warn you" (and that made me even less popular :lol: ).

Im hoping so yeah, and if i had heard that Bills had found a buyer, i would have been more ecstatic, if it wasn't for the follow up statement that they don't want moyes!? He's deserved at least a full tenor with money, if he fails then fine, drop him as planned but to get rid of him before he's tried is sounding a bit shady.

These guys are probably financialy sound if Bill was looking for potential owners who needed to include the construction of a New stadium. These guys could be Arab billionaires like city, great but are they gonna sack a manager after every game they lose? That's my worry.

I know it sounds like i want bill in forever, that's not the case at all, im hoping for the right people for our club and not just a play thing for an Arabs son.

Im hoping so yeah, and if i had heard that Bills had found a buyer, i would have been more ecstatic, if it wasn't for the follow up statement that they don't want moyes!? He's deserved at least a full tenor with money, if he fails then fine, drop him as planned but to get rid of him before he's tried is sounding a bit shady.

These guys are probably financialy sound if Bill was looking for potential owners who needed to include the construction of a New stadium. These guys could be Arab billionaires like city, great but are they gonna sack a manager after every game they lose? That's my worry.

I know it sounds like i want bill in forever, that's not the case at all, im hoping for the right people for our club and not just a play thing for an Arabs son.

If you trust Kenwright then you have to trust that if he sells to these people then they are the right people, whether that includes getting rid of Moyes or not. It's that simple really.

Rightly or wrongly I can see why they'd want to get rid of Moyes. If you were going to spending millions on a football club wouldn't you want a manager that you trusted, that you'd chosen yourself?

Edited by Romey 1878

Moyesy one way or another is not going to end up in the dole queue. If man united came for moyes with a £100k a week salary and transfer budget, would he turn around and say "thanks for the offer, but I want to finish what I've started at everton" - nope.

If rumours are true and the new regime meant moyes not being manager then moyes would go with his head held high. One way or another this club needs a major overhaul, we are second rate in many aspects of our organisation. Commercially we are way behind.

I love Moyes - when we sold Rooney everyone who gave me stick I'd always say Moyes is more important than Rooney...

But is Moyes more important than investment further down the road?

A Blackburn type owner - Moyes is way more important than money!

A Chelsea/Man.City type owner - they can do what they want as long as they're here for the long haul!

I would love Moyes to stay and be our manager for the next 20 years with this potential backing but football's a fickle game and money talks!!!

Not going to get remotely excited about this as far as the radio show goes it's all nothing but speculative rumours, If something does come of this I wouldn't want to see Moyes go from the off set I'd like to see how he would do with a decent war chest but I'm with Romey in respect to new owners wanting their own man it's a funny one to call it's like eating that day+ old kebab it could go down nicely or you could end up on the shitter for some time :dont know:

Well according to what I heard on 5 live yesterday one of the serious bidders with deep pockets was sacha gaydamak... Didnt that work out well for Pompey!

The you tube clip posted said it all, we made 20% of what Man U and Arsenal and half of them across the park made in matchday revenue last year. Until we get our future with a ground sorted it's going to be VERY hard to get a serious investor to look at us, or if one does we should not expect an Abramovich style revolution..

Even then, look at the clubs that have been taken over in the Premier League era.

ManU

Chelsea

Villa

Them across the park

Blackburn

Man City

Birmingham

Only 2 of these have actually come in and spent shed loads of money, investment nearly brought Liverpool down (shame) and ask the Man U fans what they think of their owners.

We get our ground sorted we'll get the investment but we are a "renovator's dream" right now not a mansion....

Even then, look at the clubs that have been taken over in the Premier League era.

ManU

Chelsea

Villa

Them across the park

Blackburn

Man City

Birmingham

Only 2 of these have actually come in and spent shed loads of money, investment nearly brought Liverpool down (shame) and ask the Man U fans what they think of their owners.

Chelsea and Man.City have spent loads - true but Villa spent about £90m of Lerner's millions but they spent it on shite apart from 1 or 2 so the shoe strings were tightened. Birmingham seem to have a lot more money than us - would we not want Hleb/ Bentley/ Martins? We couldn't afford them - they could! Them across the park have spent a lot but mainly on shite again. It'll be interesting to see how much Blackburn spend this summer - I don't think this is being made out to be a huge take-over though! As for Man.Utd... well my mate is now a F.C.United fan, I have others who are still Man.Utd fans... have the Glazers been bad for Man.Utd? It's not as if they've won anything since they've been in charge!!!??? :unsure:

I think people would be happy (well I would) if Moyes was guarenteed £20m a summer without having to sell, like spurs do every summer, like the shite do every summer and like teams like stoke have begun to do every summer!

I do agree though, the stadium is a huge stumbling block, it will be interesting to see if these corporate facilities being built will make a difference...

Didnt Gaydamak want to build a new stadium for Pompey? Im sure he did but got knocked back by the council, i maybe completely wrong tho so dont take it as gospel coz i maybe full of shit!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/6591049.stm

"Portsmouth is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field.

"The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."

Council didn't knock them back....the money just never appeared.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/6591049.stm

"Portsmouth is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field.

"The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."

!

Council didn't knock them back....the money just never appeared.

So were being taken over by Kenwrights foreign cousin, ive just shit myself in excitment the futures bright-is it fcuking really!

Edited by smeghead1

Well according to what I heard on 5 live yesterday one of the serious bidders with deep pockets was sacha gaydamak... Didnt that work out well for Pompey!

How is someone from Sydney able to listen to 5 live?

The you tube clip posted said it all, we made 20% of what Man U and Arsenal and half of them across the park made in matchday revenue last year. Until we get our future with a ground sorted it's going to be VERY hard to get a serious investor to look at us, or if one does we should not expect an Abramovich style revolution..

Not that simple unfortunately.. when Everton were looking to move a new stadium the finance people felt it'd only benefit £6m a year bringing in a total of £26m.. i.e. a quarter of what Man Utd make.

I think people would be happy (well I would) if Moyes was guarenteed £20m a summer without having to sell, like spurs do every summer, like the shite do every summer and like teams like stoke have begun to do every summer!

Id be more than happy with £10mil a season (plus contract renewals) and if he wants anymore then he has to sell. With Moyes' record on fairly modest sums I think he would do very well and then it gives him the option of flogging some deadwood if he wants someone who is that little bit more.