IGNORED

Shane Long

• 2 years later...

Not sure this is the most reliable source... http://www.givemesport.com/410217-everton-plot-january-move-for-premier-league-striker

So he isn't brilliant, but I'd say he's decent. He might have more about him than Jelavic. But his biggest appeal is that he's out of contract in the summer, so he might be available on the cheap? Then again, would WBA let go their #1 striker while they're fighting relegation for cheap?

Would you guys have him for 1-2m or less?

*edit* Apparently his contract does expire in the summer, however West Brom have a club option to extend his contract by 12 months.

Edited by Quinn31

He's like a number 9 version of Tim Cahill, was looking at my posts above, I don't think I was too far off the mark but I admire him as a very hard working player. Strong, mobile, with a decent leap... technically not great but I would sooner see him than Naismith.

Decent addition to the squad but if we have Kone fit I don't see the point, we need a finisher.

It was sarcasm. Because we sold them Anichebe for a stupidly expensive price. Nevermind.

You can't be subtle or clever with me. I'm not always so clever ;)

He's like a number 9 version of Tim Cahill, was looking at my posts above, I don't think I was too far off the mark but I admire him as a very hard working player. Strong, mobile, with a decent leap... technically not great but I would sooner see him than Naismith.

Decent addition to the squad but if we have Kone fit I don't see the point, we need a finisher.

Fair points. I don't know, I just have zero confidence in Jelavic and Tolis isn't going to get a look. Maybe we should wait until the summer to find another striker, and just pray that Lukaku stays fit, in form, and doesn't tire.

• 5 weeks later...

There are some reports going around that Shane Long could join Everton. Trying to find the links but can't find it so far except for the one on bluekipper.

http://www.bluekipper.com/players/something_fishy/7010--.html?

Something fishy says it all for me ;-).

If I had a choice I would pick Long over Jones any day of the week. Long would cost a bit more but I think he would be good at Everton and would get the delivery needed to score.

There are some reports going around that Shane Long could join Everton. Trying to find the links but can't find it so far except for the one on bluekipper.

http://www.bluekipper.com/players/something_fishy/7010--.html?

Something fishy says it all for me ;-).

If I had a choice I would pick Long over Jones any day of the week. Long would cost a bit more but I think he would be good at Everton and would get the delivery needed to score.

I'd pick my nose over Jones.