IGNORED

Shane Long

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing at championship level does not make you amazing at Premier level, certainly if we're supposed to be challenging for a European spot? Shane Long won't get us there, and if reading go up he'll stay with them til January at the least. He's been there 4 years and this season his hard work paid off, but he isn't the sort of player to ignite our front line. i agree with the £8m tag but I'd rather see that spent on a goalscoring midfielder, deco went to Chelsea for £8m, Van der Vaart to Spurs for £8m...maybe we could snap up an out of favour talent for that amount?

But shane Long, no thanks, everyone thought Ebanks-Blake would set the prem on fire with Wolves, only to do no such thing. The jump between the premier league and the championship is getting bigger. Look how close it was in the premier league this year, hell QPR and Norwich will need at least 5 or 6 decent signings just to stay up. The championship is no indication of how good strikers are, defenders yes, strikers no. I'd rather klose any day of the week ;)

Edited by The Regulator

Well it'd take a Shane Long wonder show for him to be playing prem league football with Reading next season- he hasn't done much today...

Given the choice of Doyle or Long I'd take Doyle but I can see the similarities - obviously we'd need money for either!!! :doh:

Well it'd take a Shane Long wonder show for him to be playing prem league football with Reading next season- he hasn't done much today...

Given the choice of Doyle or Long I'd take Doyle but I can see the similarities - obviously we'd need money for either!!! :doh:

i would rather take that Kebe on the right wing, he looks useful, Long has done fuck all this afternoon

The thing that impresses me most about Long is his work rate which would fit right in at Everton. He may not be the most prolific but if you could get him and Saha upfront you would have a decent combo of graft and gile...

Not really a fan of Kebe or Sinclair although the latter has certainly improved for the games this season. Kebe has no end product whatsoever, and while sinclair is getting better, he has been shite in his games in the Premiership and im fairly confident he will get nullified again this season. That type of player very rarely make it to the top because they dont have a clue what to do with the ball in the final third. Thats probably why Donovan was a bit of a revelation because he had the pace and skill, but he also knew when to pass or shoot etc.

I do, why not? Looks like a good young player, give him a chance.

Sorry it may have sounded like i was iffy about us signing him.

That's not the case.. i was pointing to the fact that we have been linked at the top of the queue for his signature.

I think he could turn out to be a top prospect. Works hard, chases down defenders and is a real annoyance!

Sorry it may have sounded like i was iffy about us signing him.

That's not the case.. i was pointing to the fact that we have been linked at the top of the queue for his signature.

I think he could turn out to be a top prospect. Works hard, chases down defenders and is a real annoyance!

Sorry guess I misread It :). I agree, hopefully the article is correct and I think he has the potential to be great :D

Edited by the_everton_way

• 4 weeks later...

£10m???

For what? - seriously something needs to be done with player valuations and salaries. £5m at very most. £4m is realistic. You can't tag that sort of money for an unproven prem player, but someone will pay it unfortunately.