IGNORED

Why Is Toffeetalk So Quiet?

....I don't know.

Happens from time to time for whatever reason :) .

However, quality over quantity always; I'd rather have an occasional intelligent discussion on here than be subjected to endless drivel elsewhere....but it is quiet (quite quiet :P ) just now.

cos we don't talk about just anythin like the cockheads on other forums..they're like them cunts who can't have a pint without chirpin in about seein a crack in the pavement the other day when they ran into whatshername's cousin's goldfish...we talk about important stuff like what pisses us off and how shit michael carrick is

cos we don't talk about just anythin like the cockheads on other forums..they're like them cunts who can't have a pint without chirpin in about seein a crack in the pavement the other day when they ran into whatshername's cousin's goldfish...we talk about important stuff like what pisses us off and how shit michael carrick is

so elegantly put Marco.....

I think we need to find investment for the club to move forward, otherwise we run the danger of becoming a mid-table 'feeder' club. What I hope for next season is that we bring in just a couple of quality, experienced players, bring some of our young guns through to the first team and get off to a good start.

What will probably happen is, we'll have no investment, sell a couple of our 'best' players and be forced to play young players without the guidance and security of having an experienced squad, we'll get off to a shit start, then pull it back sometime after Christmas.

get it of your chest right here lads....... and say what you want to see happin with the club for next season?

I want to see the following sold:

Yobo, Bily, Anichebe, Heitinga, Yak = £28m approx

I want the money to be invested in a young hungry striker and a left winger.

I hope that one/two of the younger centre halves in the team are able to be in a place to cover for Jags and Distin (Duffy and Mustafi), I want Garbutt to be able to be understudy for Baines. I want Rodwell, Arteta and Fellaini to have a good pre season and form a central trio with Ross Barkley hopefully proving his leg break has not hampered his development.

I would love to see the addition of a Scott Parker/Barton

I would love to see us bought by investors prepared to give us the stadium we need to generate the budget to have a go at the top 4.

Edited by Hafnia2

I would love to see the addition of a Scott Parker/Barton

In regard to this

"If Nolan signs a new deal, I will as well. But I hope the club step things up. I want to be ambitious and I think the club share that desire."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/barton-drop-teachers-pet-barry-ndash-im-englands-best-midfielder-2264160.html

I actually find his latest comments on being one of the best English midfielders refreshing. Is he better than Barry? yes. Is he better than Lampard? hard to compare but I would definately say put Lampard in the Newcastle team and would he have the same impact as Barton - no.

What is wrong with the game is that ego's are ruining it. Barton has basically challenged those around him with an ego. Would we have lost against WBA, Reading, Bolton etc with Barton in the team - I don't think so. He's 4 years from last drinking which was the cause of many of his troubles. He deserves alot of credit for getting to where he is now.

It's about time someone stood up to the mediocrity and average attitude that is ruining the national team.

He will never be my favourite person, but I bet there are a few managers that wouldn't mind a more mature and vocal Joey Barton in their team.

lampard just scores 20 a season from midfield..yeah he doesn't have the same impact as running around like a headless chicken..he does the business..not comparable at all in my eyes...barton is a prick and i refuse to give him credit cos he should never have got the chance to be a pro footballer and live a dream of millions after what he's done..i wouldn't want him anywhere near this club and if we signed him i would take back my season ticket in a heartbeat

It is ok to hero worship Duncan Ferguson though?

Is he the only player who has got himself into trouble? Far from it, the current England captain for one has a pretty bad track record.

Barton for me has a great range of passing with two feet and can tackle, he can play central or out wide.

Lampard has been fortunate to play in a midfield trio given the free role, where he has had the likes of makalele, essien, balack, ramires, mikel doing the donkey work for him - take away his panalties and you are left with Tim Cahill goal stats (one in three of Lampards goals are penalties)

lampard just scores 20 a season from midfield..yeah he doesn't have the same impact as running around like a headless chicken..he does the business..not comparable at all in my eyes...barton is a prick and i refuse to give him credit cos he should never have got the chance to be a pro footballer and live a dream of millions after what he's done..i wouldn't want him anywhere near this club and if we signed him i would take back my season ticket in a heartbeat

think you have said everything i wanted to say tbh Marco

Barton is a prick, end of!!

Edited by theprisoner

not sayin he is the only one...not sayin there aren't others but they aren't the topic of conversation here..i don't hero worship duncan ferguson cos he was at times a thug i liked him cos he dragged this club through some shit at times..also ferguson didn't fight with teenagers or try to blind a 16 year old or a teammate..barton is a nasty fuck who would no doubt be in prison if he didn't have his talent as a footballer..you say lampard's been fortunate to play there does that make messi any less of a good player cos he's been fortunate enough to play in the best team currently on the planet? no it doesn't so i'm not sure i understand that point..the penalties i will grant you but he still has to score them and gets plenty of goals that aren't penalties

It is ok to hero worship Duncan Ferguson though?]

Is he the only player who has got himself into trouble? Far from it, the current England captain for one has a pretty bad track record.

Barton for me has a great range of passing with two feet and can tackle, he can play central or out wide.

Lampard has been fortunate to play in a midfield trio given the free role, where he has had the likes of makalele, essien, balack, ramires, mikel doing the donkey work for him - take away his panalties and you are left with Tim Cahill goal stats (one in three of Lampards goals are penalties)

TT is famous as the home of the "Duncan Ferguson was a dirty cunt" club. The Chairman is Mark :lol:

Bartons a pretty decent player, yes he's a prick.Would I want him at Everton why not!

He's not going to lose many 50/50 tackles :rolleyes:

The question is would he be on the pitch after a couple of 50/50 tackles? Probobly not with his reputation (i know thats wrong by the way)! Marco your not the only one mate i think the club can attract a better quality of person aswell and thanx everyone i didnt think calling him a prick would catch on haha!