IGNORED

Bin Laden Dead?

StevO

Yep, shot in the head by SEALs in a compound in a town 60 km outside of Islamabad, Pakistan. Waste of a good bullet IMO. Should've just thrown him out of a plane, or made him walk back and forth through JFK security for the rest of his life.

Yep, shot in the head by SEALs in a compound in a town 60 km outside of Islamabad, Pakistan. Waste of a good bullet IMO. Should've just thrown him out of a plane, or made him walk back and forth through JFK security for the rest of his life.

:rofl:

I got a bit pissed off with the US response of "we finally got the bastard, dont worry about the millions upon millions its taken, nor the near 10 years, hes got what he deserved and was brought to justice".

He wasnt even close to being brought to justice, he got off easy and probably the best way he couldve wanted - attacked in a residence by a team of american elite so that his followers can declare him a martyr . If there was to be any justice, he wouldve stood a trial and been punished as everyone else would.

Saddam was never going to be a martyr. If they had brought Bin Laden to trial there would have been rescue attempts and eventually pilgrimages made to his burial place. This was for the best, I fear. And that is coming from little pinko Liberal me :lol:

Saddam was never going to be a martyr. If they had brought Bin Laden to trial there would have been rescue attempts and eventually pilgrimages made to his burial place. This was for the best, I fear. And that is coming from little pinko Liberal me :lol:

I dont see it mate. This is a contradiction of part of what the west is supposed to be about - (fair) trials and justice. All i see this bringing is a whole new shit-storm as some young angry wannabe tries to insert his authority in Al-Queada tries to 'better' what Bin Laden did.

Saddam was killing his own, or at least, wasnt killing Americans (in America, only when the US turned up in Iraq from what i know) which Im sure is the only reason he was caught rather than killed on site, put on trial and punished by his own people. OBL was a revenge killing, justified no doubt, but still not the right way to do it.

Edited by Matt

Saddam was never going to be a martyr. If they had brought Bin Laden to trial there would have been rescue attempts and eventually pilgrimages made to his burial place. This was for the best, I fear.

This.

But (as you say Matt) it's not justice....it's expedience....daft to claim otherwise.

This.

But (as you say Matt) it's not justice....it's expedience....daft to claim otherwise.

Thats my point mate. Bad use of vocabulary. Not just from the Americans either, most are calling it justice. I think he got off light...

John, in Columbia, writes: "This doesn't add up. You don't kill the leader of the most wanted terrorist group in the world. You capture him. The wealth of information he could provide in the ongoing fight against al-Qaeda is immeasurable. And you don't 'dispose' of his body without detailed autopsy. This doesn't add up. Show me video/photos of his body or it didn't happen

Fair point, but it seems this guy has watched too much 24. You'd never get any information out of him without breaking several laws

anyone else got a feeling that they got his brother and that he is going to turn up on the TV next weeks laughing?

yes very much so, it took 10 years for them to find him, yet it was 10 minutes to bury him?? this is the Americans we are talking about here, where is the multi-million dollar world tour of the body just so they can show off to everyone? and all the rest of it, im not sure this is over just yet, we will have to wait and see

i think they will end up releasing the videos and photos to put the conspiracy theorists to rest.

i will be looking forward to seeing the holes in his head.

i agree that he got off too easy with a couple of bullets to the head.

i understand why they would have followed Islamic rules for his burial, but im not happy about it. his victims were never given that dignity.

if the seals went in there with the brief of kill anybody who was there to make sure they got their man, armed or not, i dont care. this man needed to die, its just a shame he didnt get a public stoning with his victims families holding the rocks. that would start working towards getting even, but would never be enough.

if the seals went in there with the brief of kill anybody who was there to make sure they got their man, armed or not, i dont care. this man needed to die, its just a shame he didnt get a public stoning with his victims families holding the rocks. that would start working towards getting even, but would never be enough.

Agreed armed or not he was always going to die, no country would want to detain him due to the risk of attempted break outs and the other risks with detaining him, i guess thats why he was buried at sea aswell as where would they bury him as nobody would want him! Think photo's will come out either officially or by media leak in the next week as pressure mounts to prove it.

Anyone saying he should've been brought back for trial is acting the maggot IMO. I'm as liberal as they come but when a man declares war on your country and murders thousands of civilians then he is clearly a legitimate enemy.

For all anyone knew at the time, he could've been strapped to an explosive vest ready to blow himself up once the SEALs got close. Anyone saying that a SEAL should've risked his life to let Bin Laden play the persecuted martyr in front of the world's TV cameras has their sympathies mixed up.

This was not SWAT storming a suspected murderer's apartment in NYC, this was the Navy SEALs storming the compound, complete with armed guards, of a known mass murderer and leader of a group at war with the West.. Good riddance.